Dictionary + is your free English dictionary and thesaurus right on Android device. This offline dictionary/ thesaurus offers you the meaning of English words along with their synonyms, antonyms, usage examples, spelling suggestions and more! All these features make Dictionary+ a handy tool for quick reference, looking up definitions, spellings, similar and related words and help you enhance your English vocabulary.
• Extremely fast, simple and easy to use
• More than 147000 words
• This Dictionary/ thesaurus works without an internet connection (offline)
• Use this thesaurus to look up synonyms, antonyms, hypernyms (les specific), hyponyms (more specific), meronyms (part of) & more!
• Example sentences to help you understand the contextual meaning of a particular word
• An intelligent word entry which suggests possible words and correct spellings as you type
• Use the ? wildcard for any character or * for a group of characters in the search
• Lookup the Wikipedia page for a word and search for related Wikipedia articles for words right from the app.
• Save your most used or interesting new words as bookmarks
• Keep track of the most recent words that you’ve looked up in the current session, with the recent history option
• Based on the Princeton University WordNet Project.
Whether you’re a writer, teacher, student or just someone with a passion for the English language, this free offline Dictionary app is a pocket thesaurus you would love to own! Get this free offline English Dictionary and thesaurus now and learn new words, definitions and spellings on-the-go!
This free offline English dictionary and thesaurus has more than 147000 words with their synonyms, antonyms, definitions and more. This English dictionary and thesaurus is a great tool for reference, education, and vocabulary building.
The intelligent word entry suggests possible correct spellings as you type, as well as listing other possible words. Keep track of the most recent words that you’ve looked up in the current session, with the recent history option. Just click on the left or right arrows and the dictionary definition for your previously searched words are shown.
Learn new words, spellings, definitions and improve your English vocabulary with this offline free English Dictionary and thesaurus. The Wikipedia integration makes it easy to look up detailed definitions and information about any particular English word or phrase. You can also keep track of your favorite words or new interesting words by bookmarking them.
Now you don’t have to carry a pocket Dictionary or open your internet browser every time you need a synonym for an English word. Just open up this free offline Dictionary & thesaurus and look up synonyms, antonyms, definitions and more anytime, anywhere.
User reviews on Dictionary +:
“Worth the money, really detailed and a wide ranged vocabulary. Great work.”
it is a free application that includes
American Sign Language.
Numbers Sign Language 123.
British Sign Language .
German Sign Language.
These signs are very helpful if you want to communicate with Deaf people or want to make someone understand something from distance.
This app includes videos of common words in the English language.
We hope to add a more words and phrases in the future as well as the ability for users to suggest new words and signs that are missing from the database.
- Words are downloaded as needed.
- 1535 videos and about 3000 words
- Add a section for phrases.
- Add the ability to suggest new words and definitions.
- Add a section for feedback and suggestions.
Here you will learn with easy, the most common words in the ASL, and could have a nice conversation with another person that knows this language.
This a free App so anyone could have the opportunity to learn and communicate with persons that have a hearing impairment. Learn American Sign Language or popularly known as ASL with easy to use modes. Learn American Sign Language with the help of this app
A sign language (also signed language or simply signing) is a language which uses manual communication and body language to convey meaning, as opposed to acoustically conveyed sound patterns. This can involve simultaneously combining hand shapes, orientation and movement of the hands, arms or body, and facial expressions to fluidly express a speaker's thoughts.
A great way to learn sign language. Includes pictures, letters, numbers, and sounds, everything you might want for when you start learning to sign.
*App Guaranteed to work perfectly! Please email us if you have any problems at firstname.lastname@example.org
(NOW ON SALE) LIMITED TIME OFFER
The most complete ASL American Sign Language Video Dictionary.
• 5,200 SIGNS
• 765 Multiple meaning words
• Multi-word signs like “don’t want"
• 473 Idioms translated
• Months, Years
• General numbers
• Finger Spelled Alphabet
• Common Phrases like “You’re too late”
• Cache/save video to memory (optional)
• Slow motion feature
• Loop video
• Swipe video screen to see next or previous video
OVER 5,200 SIGNED WORDS
Translate English into ASL, from A-Z, plus the entire numerical system, common English phrases, symbols and much more. A must have educational App.
Learn Sign Language, by watching our professional Sign Language interpreter and instructor sign over 5,200 individual and multiple word signs. ASL is the first language for people who are deaf.
Note: 3G, or WiFi Internet is required.
Note: If you are a hearing person, there is no sound with this application.
Note: You must have available memory (space) on your SD card to download the videos.
Comments, questions or support, please contact us at email@example.com
ASL Dictionary HD - Special Edition. This app has it all
**GUARANTEED TO WORK!** If you are experiencing a problem with the app please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
NOW ON SALE (LIMITED TIME OFFER)
From A-Z The most complete interactive ASL Dictionary app.
Cool new features like QUIZ, PLAY ALL, ADJUSTABLE SLOW MOTION. The Best just got better.
A universal app for Phones and Tablets.
**No internet required option. (This app uses 8mb of internal storage space with WiFi, or 481mb of internal storage if you download all videos under settings button).
• 5000+ Words Translated to ASL Video
• 460 Multiple ways to the same sign word
• 670 Multiple meaning words
• General numbers
• Ordinal numbers
• Fingerspell Recognition (Complete words)
• Fingerspelling Exercises (Fun)
• Quiz any category
• Create a favorites list & Quiz it
• Slow motion adjustable from 1-100%
• Play All (plays videos back to back)
• Swipe screen for next and previous video
• Loop video
• Replay Video
If you are a hearing person there is no audio in this app as you would not normally vocalize when signing ASL.
**GUARANTEED TO WORK! If you are experiencing a problem with the app please email us at email@example.com
Thanks for your support!
Now you can speak out and it will lookup the word in the dictionary for you. It is hands-free dictionary! It can also pronounce the word for you. It includes English,Spanish,French,Italian,German Dictionary.
Turn on Setting->Speech synthesis before use. Network required for the Dictionary
The dictionary search is optimized and very fast. Translation search is fulltext so you do not have to input whole words. We are working hard on the development of this application and many new features will be available soon.
Objectives of this application:
- to support many languages and translation directions
- very fast lookup and easy to use
- application has to use display efficiently - no fancy buttons, backgrounds etc.
- application has to work also offline without Internet access
- to offer more functions in one application and make learning languages easier as a grammar, Hangman, Flashcard, tests etc.
It's a great tool for reference, education, and vocabulary building.
The premium content includes over 1000 graphical illustrations, and over 20,000 additional entries covering people, places, and foreign terms.
No internet connection is required to view the definitions or thesaurus (although you do need a connection to view illustrations, hear audio pronunciations, and use voice search).
* No ads
* Full Thesaurus
* Voice Search
* Example Sentences
* Audio Pronunciations
* Word of the Day
* Biographic and Geographic entries
* Foreign words and phrases used in English
* Graphical Illustrations
* Favorite and Recent searches
* For Tablets: Scrolling Index - lets you browse the entire dictionary
NOTE: if you're in China and can't access Google Play, see pleco.com/android for alternate download sources.
Major features: ($ = paid add-on)
• Great dictionaries: the free app comes with two dictionaries - CC-CEDICT and our in-house "PLC" dictionary - that between them cover 130,000 Chinese words and include 20,000 example sentences with Pinyin; 18 other wonderful dictionaries are available as paid upgrades. ($)
• Fullscreen handwriting input: use the entire width of your device's screen to draw characters. Very accurate, with an engine licensed from China's leading maker of handwriting input systems. (basic version free, enhanced version $)
• Live Optical Character Recognizer: look up Chinese words in the dictionary simply by pointing your device's camera at them, or by scrolling around a still image. ($)
• Flashcard System: create a card from any dictionary entry with a single button tap, import premade word lists, use advanced techniques like SRS (spaced repetition), and study in a variety of modes including fill-in-the-blanks and tone drills. (simple version free, full-featured $)
• Audio Pronunciation: instantly hear a native-speaker Mandarin audio recording of each Chinese dictionary headword; recordings are available for over 34,000 words. (single-syllable free, multi $)
• Powerful search: look up words by Chinese characters, Pinyin (spaces and tones optional), or a combination, with support for wildcards and full-text search.
• Cross-referencing: tap on any Chinese character / word in any dictionary entry to bring up its definition.
• Voice Recognition: look up words by speaking them into your device's microphone. (free)
• Stroke Order Diagrams: animations showing you how to draw each Chinese character; over 20,000 characters are covered. ($)
• Document Reader: open a Chinese-language text file and look up unknown words in the dictionary simply by tapping on them. ($) You can also look up characters on web pages through "Share" and in other documents through the clipboard. (free)
• Mainland- and Taiwan-friendly: supports traditional and simplified characters (in dictionary definitions, stroke order diagrams, searches, OCR, and handwriting), and supports Zhuyin as well as Pinyin for pronunciation display.
• Cantonese: display headword pronunciations + perform searches in Jyutping/Yale romanization. (free) We also offer Cantonese dictionary and Cantonese audio add-ons. ($)
• Tablet-friendly: includes a 2-panel (results + definition together) interface that's perfect for tablets.
• No ads: we won't even nag you about buying add-ons.
We also offer excellent customer support - send us an email and see for yourself - and an active user community at plecoforums.com.
We've been making mobile Chinese dictionary apps since 2000, and our sales and customer base have been steadily growing for 15 years across four different platforms. We take good care of our longtime users, too - people who bought the Oxford dictionary from us on a Palm Pilot in 2001 can still use that dictionary on their brand new Android phone in 2015 without even having to pay an upgrade fee. You can be confident that we'll still be fixing bugs and adding new features for many years to come.
Paid add-ons can be transferred to another device like any other paid app; load the free version of Pleco on your new device, go into "Add-ons" and tap "Restore Purchases."
If you already own Pleco on another OS, see pleco.com/android for upgrade / license transfer options.
✔ Over 130K French words & phrases
✔ Example sentences
✔ Audio pronunciation
✔ Spelling suggestions
✔ Search history record
✔ Fastest search speed
✔ Flexible search (by French or English)
✔ Share learning progress via social networks
"I'm learing French & its pretty cool" - Jorge Meza
"I love this app because you can easily learn the French words." - Raquel Arly
"Have many french and english words." - Tommy
"Amazing dictionary,almost all French words are translated and properly explained in English."- Adrian Mhondiwa
"An excellent dictionary for intermediate learners of French." - Tony Littlejohn
Note that user can pay an one-off fee to remove advertisements in this app.
If you require any assistance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dictionary keywords: learn, translate, pronunciation, france, paris, marseilles, lyon, dilf, delf, dalf
• Contains more than 1500 sign.
• Effective data presentation using lists and grids to help easy navigation.
• Dictionary is available in three languages (Arabic, English and French).
• Effective navigation between signs using gestures and volume keys.
• Effective search technique with autocomplete feature to help the user get results fast.
• Provide signs in animated pictures to minimize the size of data loaded over internet.
• Provide signs with the movement of the lips.
• Provide a smart cashing algorithm to save opened signs.
• Minimum application size
• Neat design to facilitate the usability.
• Compatible with old android versions.
• Free application.
• Ad free.
Keywords: sings, dictionary, arab, deaf, cache, search, sign, indicative, middle east, free, asl, language, sign language, american, deaf, languages, american sign, american sign language, arab sign language, learn, how, learn sign, hearing, signing, union, the Arab League, the League of Arab States
Our Premium app now includes ALL of our upgrades, doubling the content in your app for just one low price. Additional content includes Example Sentences, Encyclopedia, 4 additional dictionaries and more.
★ Time Magazine ‘Top 10 Back-To-School App ★ Winner: CNET Top 100 Mobile App Award ★
★ Winner: Best App Ever for Books & Reference
* FULL English Dictionary and Thesaurus—over 2,000,000 definitions, synonyms & antonyms
* Offline access – no Internet connection needed for most content
* Daily content including Word of the Day, blog & slideshows
* FREE advanced Learner’s Dictionary provides additional context
* Browse without distracting advertisements
* Example sentences
* Audio pronunciations
* Idioms & phrases as an in-app purchase
* Word origin & history
* Voice search
* Favorite words
* Search history
* Spelling suggestions
* IPA and phonetic pronunciations
* Commonly looked-up words mapped to specific locations
* Medical, legal & financial content as an in-app purchase
* Abbreviations, acronyms & slang content as an in-app purchase
* Word of the Day home screen widget
* Compatible with tablet devices
Tip: To turn Word of the Day notifications on or off, go to Settings > Notifications and toggle On or Off
You can now log in with The Free Dictionary! Sync your bookmarks to all your devices and never lose them. Plus: Track your learning with points and badges and earn meals for hungry children through The Free Dictionary's partnership with the World Food Program—just by reading and playing games!
Features only available in TheFreeDictionary PRO:
* No advertisements.
* Extensive offline content, including a more comprehensive offline English dictionary.
* Ability to download extensive offline dictionaries for 13 other languages: Spanish, French, German, Italian, Chinese, Portuguese, Dutch, Norwegian, Greek, Arabic, Polish, Turkish, and Russian.
* Ability to download offline translations of English into more than 40 languages.
* Dozens of other offline translation options.
NOTE: Offline content must be downloaded separately using an Internet connection before offline mode can be accessed.
Plus TheFreeDictionary's classic app content:
* Multiple English dictionaries, featuring extensive definitions, pronunciations, usage sentences, etymologies, and more.
* Advanced Search options: "Starts with," "Ends with," and "In definition."
* Multiple thesauri, featuring synonyms, antonyms, related words, even images.
* Multiple encyclopedias, including Columbia, Collins, even Wikipedia.
* Multiple specialty dictionaries, including Medical, Legal, Financial, Idioms, Acronyms and Abbreviations, and more.
* Online dictionaries in 13 other languages: Spanish, French, German, Italian, Chinese, Portuguese, Dutch, Norwegian, Greek, Arabic, Polish, Turkish, and Russian.
* Translate English words into more than 40 languages, plus dozens of other translation options.
* Play audio pronunciations.
* Jump to Definition, Thesaurus, or Translations with one button.
* Look up the definition of any word on the page with one click.
* Search for words on the page.
* Create unlimited bookmarks. Sort alphabetically or chronologically.
* Learn something new every day with fresh daily content, including Word of the Day, This Day in History, Quote of the Day, Today's Birthday, and more. Even set notifications for daily delivery.
* Play games, including Spelling Bee, Match Up, Words Within Words, as well as Hangman in a dozen different languages.
* Customize your homepage: add or remove articles, games, even personalized horoscope and local weather in Fahrenheit or Celsius.
* Navigate the app in more than a dozen languages with the multilingual interface.
* Share your favorite definitions, encyclopedia entries, and articles via Facebook, Twitter, email, and text.
* Adjust font size.
* Copy text (with supported devices).
* Use swipe gestures to move back and forward (with supported devices).
* Search via Android Quick Search Box, including voice-activated searching (with supported devices).
* For app developers: TheFreeDictionary.com app has the ability to be accessed by other apps with API calls (Contact Farlex for instructions on accessing TFD).
The leading single-volume English dictionary, the Oxford Dictionary of English is the foremost authority on current English usage.
* Offers the most comprehensive coverage of English from around the world
* Completely revised and updated to include the very latest vocabulary, with over 350,000 words, phrases, and meanings
* Thousands of words and senses derived from the latest research from the Oxford English Corpus, giving the most complete and accurate picture of the English language today
* About 75,000 audio pronunciations of both common and rare words, doubled with both British & American voice versions, including words with controversial pronunciation or with variant pronunciations
This edition includes thousands of brand-new words and senses, as well as up-to-date encyclopedic information.
Readership: Ideal for anyone who needs a comprehensive and authoritative dictionary of current English; for professionals, students, academics, and for use at work or at home.
A SEARCH TOOL
featuring search autocomplete to help you find words quickly by displaying predictions similar to the terms you're typing. You also get enhanced search extras including:
* A quick search of words while you type.
* A 'fuzzy filter' when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word.
* A 'keyword' search for finding key words within compound words.
* A wild card search function (*) which can replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
* Download dictionary definitions locally for offline word lookup.
A LEARNING TOOL
including a number of features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
* A 'Favorites' feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library, including cross-curriculum words.
* History list to help you easily review looked-up words.
* Discover more about language with the special language notes.
* See words in context with example sentences.
* 'Word-of-the-day' feature with homescreen widget.
A mobile dictionary application from MobiSystems with content from Oxford University Press.
* Small apps extension for Sony products
* All stations selectable from simple network diagram
* Swipe station buttons to quickly swap their order (for return trips)
* Public holiday schedules and network shutdown weekends accounted for
* Automatic timetable updates as Auckland Transport issues new timetables
* No ads, just the facts
The timetable information is derived from the official information published by Auckland Transport. This app is not affiliated with Auckland Transport.