This application is designed to assist users in conducting an information assessment to understand the value of official information.
The BIL application assists organisations in:
• assessing official information using a consistent impact assessment tool (taking the form of Business Impact Levels – BILs)
• identifying an appropriate protective marking for official information
• understanding where additional security measures may be required to protect official information (beyond those established by the protective marking)
• determining the overall value of official information
• considering the risks associated with their information assets
• sharing of official information based on informed negotiation between parties, in order to collaboratively manager information risks.
A web version of the BIL mobile app is also available on the CPDP website (www.cpdp.vic.gov.au).