IdeaNova INPLAY player plays DRM content and provides communication/chat functionality. The content can be played over connected network from a backend streaming server or can be downloaded for offline playback. This is the port of INPLAY media player to the Android platform. INPLAY for Android can play single and multi bitrate content.
INPLAY is intended for everyone, is totally free, has no ads, other than for the purpose of demonstrating pre-roll ad functionality, no in-app-purchases, no spying and is developed by IdeaNova developers.
INPLAY for Android can use the default content or users can supply their own content for testing of various encoding and encryption features. The following features are available in this INPLAY sample DRM player:
* INPLAY communicator: Allows users to communicate about the movies, travel or life in general while traveling and watching a movie over local network. This unique feature allows user to user access or communication of the travel crew with passengers for the purpose of service requests, personal announcements, etc. This is all possible without access to the Internet and the user can opt out of using this service and communicate over a private channel with only the users they trust.
* INPLAY adaptive download: Users can download a movie and watch it offline without any infrastructure at all. This is a rather unique implementation as the content is still Widevine DRM protected and once downloaded, access to watch the content is granted for the duration of the Widevine DRM license. INPLAY has also implemented adaptive download, which maximizes the ability to download the content in a given time by adjusting the content bandwidth to the available network.
*Online and offline playback of Widevine Classic DRM content
*Online and offline playback of Widevine Modular DRM content
*Playback of pre-roll advertisement – non DRM content
*Playback using multi language audio and subtitles for Google Widevine Modular DRM content
*INPLAY support display of visible watermark with options to adjust font and opacity
INPLAY for Android needs access to :
• Access to network connections when streaming or downloading content
Permission Details :
• It needs "android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE", in to order to check the network conditions for streaming or download
• It needs "android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE", in order to download Google Widevine DRM content
• It needs “android.permission.WRITE_INTERNAL_STORAGE", to store Widevine DRM handle- For Android TV app only