eICS Mobile places incident response coordination in the palm of your hand. This easy-to-use smartphone app, available for the Android platform, offers a key subset of Electronic Incident Command System functions, including incident creation and editing features. No matter where you are, you can manage response efforts and monitor incident progress.
You and other Command Center personnel can use eICS Mobile to accomplish critical incident-related tasks, such as monitoring candidates' availability, assigning ICS positions, and entering events in the incident's log. As an incident responder, you can use the app to quickly and easily:
- View your facility's list of incidents.
- Access incident details, including the event log.
- Update your status to indicate your availability, current location, and when you can be expected to arrive at the incident site.
- Create an incident and edit its details, provided you have the appropriate permissions.
The smartphone app integrates directly with your Electronic Incident Command System. Your role in the Web version of eICS governs what you can view and do in the app. All edits and additions you make on one platform are immediately available on the other.
As it is designed for smart devices, the Mobile app provides a number of benefits and advantages.
- The app runs using Wi-Fi and cellular.
- Smart devices and cellular carriers offer proven, reliable connectivity.
- Users can exploit smart devices they already use and own to perform essential incident-related functions.
Furthermore, smart device operating systems offer agile and rich technology and tools, which are essential for broadening the scope of eICS features that are available via a mobile platform.
Note: You cannot open and use the eICS Android app until your administrator has configured and provided you with valid eICS login credentials.
About Electronic ICS
The Electronic Incident Command System (Electronic ICS) is market-driven software designed around emergency management workflows and National Response Framework best practices. This solution blends a robust platform with a flexible structure that offers to facilities, agencies, and organizations the means to address emergency incidents at any level–local, region, and State. The result is a secure, comprehensive, web-based solution that facilitates planning for, responding to, and recovering from all scale disasters. eICS standardizes communication and resource sharing to support your response efforts, as well as to provide the means to readily show evidence of compliance with NIMS and accrediting agencies and their standards.