NAS Cast enables you to easily enjoy your favourite films and other video files on your TV.
Browse your titles using NAS Cast on your Tablet or Phone, then play locally, or cast to your TV. Play, Pause, Skip, and Volume is controlled from your Tablet or Phone.
Both DLNA UPnP and HTTP is now supported, so all modern NAS as standard, plus Windows, MAC, and Linux running DLNA UPnP Servers are supported with standard configuration.
NAS Cast will find all MPEG 4 video files with an .mp4 or .m4v extension in the selected directory.
I have ripped my complete DVD collection to .mp4 files using AnyDVD (paid) to remove encryption, and Handbrake (free) to rip / encode to .mp4. Alternatively VLC Player (free) can be used with Handbrake in place of AnyDVD. For best results with Handbrake I recommend the Normal profile with Web Optimised selected - which helps playback start quicker by putting the header at the front of the file.
NAS Cast will read .nfo and poster.jpg files if present to display DVD Cover Art, Year, Runtime, and Plot Synopsys. XBMC (free) will download and generate .nfo and poster.jpg files for your films (System -> Video (Advanced) -> Library -> Export Video Library). When prompted choose to export to Separate Files, and to export Thumbnail Images.
1) Use the following test URL to try out NAS Cast in HTTP mode: http://yellowdogapps.com/nascast/test/
2) Download one of the videos from the test URL to your NAS, then switch NAS Cast to DLNA UPnP mode and navigate to the video on your NAS.
Email me if you are still having problems and I'll try my best to help :)
With CastOnTV, you can select photos from your phone/tablet and pick one of favourite songs, then cast your photos to bigger TV screen as a slideshow with background music. You can also stream the video clips on your phone/tablet to TV screen too.
1. Play slideshow with background music on TV screen. Finally with CastOnTV for Chromecast app, you can enjoy a beautiful slideshow with music instantly on bigger TV screen with just a few taps.
2. Select the photos you want to play and the app will show them on TV. Only show the photos you selected, not the whole photo gallery.
3. Cast video clips to TV with correct orientation. The app detects the video orientation and show them without sideways on TV screen.
4. Very easy to use. Just a few tap and get your photos, music and videos on big screen TV.
5. With auto mode and manual mode, you can show the photo with your friends and friend easily.
How to play photo slideshow with CastOnTV for Chromecast?
To use CastOnTV is very easy. First of all, make sure your Chromecast device is turned on and your phone / tablet is in the same Wi-Fi network. Then you can select some photos from photo gallery, pick one music file and tap the Chromecast icon. Your photos will be presented on TV screen as a pretty slideshow with background music.
How to stream video clips?
Tap the video tab in the app, the videos clips will be listed there, just tap the video file and it will be casted with Chromecast.
***** A Free trail version is also available on Google play, you can try it first with your Chromecast before buying this full version. *****
Gallery Cast uses Google Cast (Chromecast), AirPlay (Apple TV) and UPNP/DLNA to communicate with your Smart TV, Blu-ray player, computer or media center. Note: Gallery Connect is limited by what your device can support. Most devices support photo transfer and many support 3gp/mp4 video.
Unique Feature Set:
-*New* Chromecast & Apple TV (AirPlay) support!
- Remote display of pictures and video
- Remote move and pinch zooming for photos
- Easy remote display selection
- Support for reading from mounted drives
- Images rendered to your screen resolution, not just big thumbnails.
- Support for most camera raw types
- Display EXIF information (media metadata)
- Nexus Media Importer support
- Experimental Google Cloud Print support
This is a fully functional version with ads. An pro version will be available without ads in the near future. In the works is a much needed UI update and audio/music support.
A wireless connect is required for remote viewing. Will not work on 3G/4G networks. Wireless G is supported, but wireless N is recommend for video.
Check out my website for more information and tips.
* Watch the TWiT live stream from Petaluma, CA.
* Watch on-demand episodes of previously recorded shows.
* Control the action with your Android device.
Playback requires a Chromecast on the local Wi-Fi network. TWiT Cast is free to use, but supports a small donation via in-app purchase.
This app is independently developed and not affiliated with the TWiT.tv network. TWiT is a registered trademark of TWiT LLC.
- Enjoy your Facebook Images and Albums (individual or as a slideshow) from your Android device to your Chromecast connected Screen.
- Enjoy your Local Phone Images and Albums (individual or as a slideshow) from your Android device to your Chromecast connected Screen.
- Enjoy your DropBox Images and Albums (individual or as a slideshow) from your Android device to your Chromecast connected Screen. You should have the Dropbox app installed and should have downloaded the images you want to cast to your Tv.- Support for rotating the Images on the Tv.
- Support time based sorting filters.
- Support various settings so that you can customize your slideshow the way you want it.
- Completely free to use. No restrictions on the number of Images you can cast.
- No Ads. The application is completely Ad free.
We are constantly working on adding more features and they would be made available to you as soon as they are ready.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to report any bugs or for any feature requests.
Please note that this is not an autonomic application. Make sure you have Solid Explorer installed first.
The plugin doesn't have its own icon in launcher. In order to launch it, you need to open a media file in Solid Explorer and choose Solid Explorer Cast option as shown on the first screenshot. That's it.
This extension pulls directly from the feed that the Google Chromecast pulls from.
- Custom update times
- Refresh only on Wifi
*** You must have muzei installed in order to use this extension! ***
Thank you +Roman Nurik for a wonderful and easily extensible app!
Icon design by MilošMirković (https://plus.google.com/u/0/+Milo%C5%A1Mirkovi%C4%87/about)
Was bietet die App:
- Kombination der Weboberflächen mehrerer Mediatheken
- Senden der Videos an Chromecast [NEU]
- Wiedergabe der Videos im Player deiner Wahl
- Wiedergabe in verschiedenen Qualitäten
- Wiedergabe von Videos in hoher Qualität die in den Standard Mediathek-Apps und auf den mobilen Seiten meist nicht verfügbar sind (wichtig für eine scharfe Wiedergabe auf dem Fernseher)
- Werbe- und Kostenfrei
Was bietet die App NICHT:
- Live-Stream der Sender
- Tablet-Unterstützung (die App ist für Smartphones optimiert, bei Tablets können Fehler auftreten)
Anmerkungen aus dem Sofalabor
Wie der Name schon vermuten lässt, handelt es sich beim Sofalabor um mein Wohnzimmer ;). Da ich das volle Potenzial des Chromecast ausnutzen wollte, habe ich diese APP programmiert. Es handelt sich also um ein Ein-Mann-Projekt, welches ich in meiner Freizeit umsetze. Die APP wird auf dem Nexus 4 und 7 so gut es geht getestet. Ich bitte daher um Verständnis, wenn diverse Fehler und Abstürze auftreten, da ich nicht alles testen kann. Detalierte Fehlerberichte an die unten stehende Mail helfen mir am meisten diese Fehler zu beheben.
Danke an alle Nutzer und Grüße aus dem Sofalabor.
- Plex makes your media beautiful with rich descriptions, artwork, and other metadata.
- Plex automatically converts your media on-the-fly to play on any device.
- Easily share your media with friends and family.
- Browse, fling and control your media on any Plex-enabled device, including the Google Chromecast
- Sync media to your phone or tablet for offline viewing (Plex Pass)
- Sync media to your favorite cloud provider including Google Drive, Dropbox, and Box, so you can stream media even when your server is offline (Plex Pass)
- Access a wide range of online channels such as TED, Revision3, and TWiT.
- Queue online videos from sites like Vimeo and YouTube and watch them later on any device.
With Plex, your media universe is constantly expanding. Getting up and running is easy, so start now!
★★★ NOTE: YOU MUST HAVE A PLEX MEDIA SERVER (AVAILABLE FOR FREE AT https://plex.tv/downloads) INSTALLED AND RUNNING TO STREAM LOCAL MEDIA. VERSION 0.9.8.14 OR HIGHER IS REQUIRED. DRM-protected content (such as video from the iTunes store), ISO disc images, and VIDEO_TS folders are not supported. ★★★
The only one that can:
- Use your phone as wireless headphones !
- rotate pictures and movies
- zoom in and out pictures and movies
☆ Cast pictures, videos or music from your device, NAS or the browser
★ Add subtitles (select the subtitle file in the folder view after you started a video)*
☆ Rotate pictures and videos
★ Choose files on your device either from the library or use the folder view
☆ Connect to your NAS via smb or DLNA/UPnP
★ Zoom in & out pictures and videos
☆ Open a movie stream in your browser then hit the share button and choose LocalCast or
★ Copy a link to a movie and choose "Paste link" in the app
(* internal subtitles which are inside the video container don't work YET)
(arabic subtitles: Please change the encoding in the settings to UTF-8)
Usage is pretty easy:
1. Connect to Chromecast:
First from the official Chromecast app
Second from Localcast
2. Choose what to stream:
Select a video, picture or song in the app from your device or from a NAS (smb or DLNA/UPnP)
Send the media to the app from other apps.
E.g. open a streaming site in your browser, choose a video there and send the link to LocalCast via the share button in your browser. For some sites it is best to use the mobile version.
Please check out the supported formats here:
If your format is not supported, use handbrake to convert the file:
I will probably add support for more formats in the future, if there is a demand for the app, which I will judge from the ratings...
Free and ads supported, the ads can be removed via an in app purchase for a price from 1 to 5 €. Choose what you'd like to pay.
I am just one independent developer working on my apps whenever I can, without a big budget for testing on various devices. If you find a bug please contact me via Google+ or email and I'll try to fix it ASAP. Thanks for your support and happy casting!
- Cast Facebook photos and videos from your Android device to your Chomecast.
- Cast Google+ photos and videos from your Android device to your Chomecast.
- Cast local photos and videos from your Android device to your Chromecast.
This is the premium version which does not contain ads. This version will also receive new features in the future.
If you are having trouble displaying certain photos or videos, please check the following link that explains what formats are supported by Chromecast: https://developers.google.com/cast/docs/media.
Android Authority Review:
* Modify or delete the contents of your USB storage (used to cast your local photos and videos - nothing will be deleted)
* Add or remove accounts / find accounts / use accounts (this is required to access your Google+ account to cast photos and videos)
* Full network access, network connections, wifi connections (required to access Google+ and see your Chromecast)
* Read contents of your USB storage (required to access local photos and videos for sending to the Chromecast)
MediaBrowser is more than a media manager. It's a powerful platform that you can use to manage, view, play and control your media on most mainstream hardware...
The MediaBrowser android client connects to your MediaBrowser server and allows you to consume your media anywhere you are connected.
Don't have MediaBrowser. Visit http://www.mediabrowser3.com/
Simply type in a URL, give it a name and then tap to display it on your ChromeCast.
Great for digital signage, menus, presentations and dashboards.
1. What can be displayed?
Generally anything you can display in a browser including HTML files and images such as .gif, .jpg and .png
2. Does it support HTTP and HTTPS ?
Yes it does.
3. Can it display items from a local, non-Internet server?
Yes it can. As long as the ChromeCast is on the same network as the server.
4. How can I display a file if I don't have a web server?
You can use Dropbox or Google Drive to host your files and add your share links to Web2Cast
5. Doesn't casting a tab in Chrome do the same thing as this app?
Sort of. However the Web2Cast display will be much crisper as it is not "streaming" a tab but actually displaying the web page in the ChromeCast browser. Additionally you can leave the display running without having to have Chrome running and casting.
6. Can I navigate a web page that is displayed by Web2Cast?
The app provides the ability to scroll the page up and down. Unfortunately the ChromeCast browser has its input disabled so links cannot be clicked on, there is no cursor and text cannot be entered.
7. Only my page background is displayed. What's wrong?
Some pages automatically center their content vertically, if this is the case your page's content may not be immediately visible on screen. Try press the "Center" button on the Remote screen to display your content.
Enjoy your favorite videos at your fingertips - from documentaries and business news to style tips and movies, The Washington Post, France 24, QVC, to FilmChest - we've got you covered. Flipps turns your phone into the ultimate remote, so you can adjust volume and control playback with easy touchscreen gestures.
Advantages over Flipps:
✦ More video channels in HD
✦ No banner ads, ever.
✦ Priority support handling
✦ Internet-connected TVs by Samsung, Sony, Panasonic, LG & Philips
✦ Xbox One, Xbox 360, Apple TV, DISH Hopper, Chromecast
Listed as a featured app on Google TV. View your security cams right from the sofa!
24 hours refund policy available. Just email us with your order number for a full refund.
Loaded with tons of features:
- Intuitive custom made interface. See the screenshots to appreciate the quality of the app.
- H.264 codec (SW and HW) support for FOSCAM 2013 models (FI9821W, FI9826W, FI9831W, etc.).
- M-JPEG devices support of all major vendors (150+).
- 2-way audio (talking and listening) for Axis, FOSCAM, Apexis, Loftek, Tenvis, Wanscam, Wansview, INSTAR, and more on the way!
- 1-way audio (listening) for D-Link, Edimax, Gadspot, Panasonic, SONY, Sharx Security, TRENDnet, Y-cam (selective models).
- SSL support (HTTPS protocol) for secured monitoring and encrypting credentials (digest authentication).
- 14 different layouts with unlimited number of cameras support.
- Control PTZ (pan-tilt-zoom) enabled devices, i.e. Pixord, Vivotek.
- Relay, LED control for some models.
- MP4 video recording (Android 4.3+) and cyclic 24/7 image recording (sequence of JPEG images) on SD card, FTP/FTPS server, or Dropbox.
- Sequence mode for automatic cameras switching.
- Easy to use pinch to zoom for digital zooming and swipes for camera selection.
- Import/export settings to SD card or Dropbox service.
- Support for any USB/laptop cams through 3d party software for PC/Mac (see FAQ).
- Very CPU efficient.
- The only app in the market which supports both in-app and on-camera motion detection (selective models). Make automatic snapshots or play alert sound on motion!
- LAN scanner for automatic cams detection. Have a camera IP address suddenly changed? It takes only couple minutes to fully rescan your home network.
- Audio real-time processing (squelch & alarm) for using it as a baby monitor with audio graph.
- Audio monitoring from multiple cameras at once.
- Background audio.
- Sensors support (e.g. temperature sensor, humidity, etc.) for some cameras.
- Google Cast™ Ready (Chromecast). See http://goo.gl/g1d8yz
- TV interface (Google TV, Amazon Fire TV).
Features under development:
- Widgets (PRO only).
- RTSP protocol.
Check the list of supported manufacturers:
Want more public webcams? Install Worldscope Webcams free app for integration with tinyCam.
You can purchase a license on one device and then install on many more, if the same account is being used on these devices.
Help the app to be translated!
What our customers say about the app:
"By far the best IP cam app I've used, and I've tried a lot. 2 way audio for FOSCAM is just what I've been waiting for."
"Great app, just the job for my home CCTV System with 8 cameras."
"This is by far the best IP camera control app. Worth every penny. Dev updates with new cams and features all of the time. Great work!"
All company names and products are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
Any Android application can use Toaster to stream video, music and photos with share option.
User can also use Media Server feature that allows other DLNA devices to browse phone media. Media Server feature is only available for Toaster Cast Pro users.
Toaster supports a wide range of devices compatible with DLNA / UPnP standard and can cast media to:
Smart TVs: Samsung, Panasonic, Sony, Sharp, LG, Philips and more
Hi-Fi: Denon, Yamaha, Onkyo, Harman/Kardon, Bose, Oppo and more
Game consoles: Xbox, Playstation (with Media Server)
PC and MAC software: XBMC, foobar, Windows Media Player and many more
Toaster can also stream photo and video gallery to Chromecast and can change your Chromecast into a photo frame.
Toaster Free API allows other applications to stream multimedia content through DLNA without any additional user interaction. The first app that integrated with Toaster Control API for DLNA is n7player.
Album Art by Sean Fournier, 2008, Licensed under CC License.
More from developer
Enjoy your commute with Car Cast Pro. Cheaper than a beer, way more filling!
Car Cast Pro is a simple audio podcast downloader and player. Optimized for use in a daily commute or trip to the gym, it features big buttons, large text, remembers last played location. Car Cast Pro is based on Car Cast open source software.
See http://jadn.com/carcast/tour.gsp for a walk through.