About Co Charger
Have you got an Electric Vehicle or want to get one? Please read on!
• Want to swap to an electric vehicle but have nowhere you can install a charger?
• Have you got an EV but you’d like to charge near home?
• Do you own an EV charger and want to help your neighbours go electric?
Then download the Co Charger app!
Co Charger is the UK’s no.1 community charging app with more registered charge points than Tesla. Together, we’re helping millions of motorists go electric. Fifty per cent of households (roughly 15m households) can’t install a charger at home. Through helping share the hundreds of thousands of home chargers already out there, these motorists can move to Electric Vehicles.
If you have a home charger - Help others swap to an EV:
- Join thousands of other in helping your neighbours go electric
- Download the Co Charger app
- Register as a “Host” so your neighbours can rent your charger (when convenient for you)
- Help make your neighbourhood cleaner and greener and
- Make a bit of money too
If you’ve got an EV or want to get one but don’t want to install a charger or have nowhere to put it:
- Download Co Charger
- Register as a “Chargee”
- View and book affordable, reliable, base charging near you
- Charge your car overnight or at a time that suits you and your Host
- Set up regular or one off charging sessions at one of thousands of registered home chargers nationwide
- Manage your profile as a Host (have a charger) or Chargee (want to rent one)
- Find and contact Hosts quickly and securely
- Manage bookings and reminders – as one-offs or regular sessions
- Work out payments quickly and easily - no interaction needed with the charger
- Payments handled automatically after each session through highly secure payment system
Want more information? See www.Co-Charger.com
Why Co Charger?
Ninety per cent of current EV charging is carried out at base. The vast majority of people would like to charge their electric cars at or close to home, and preferably overnight if they could. Co Charger helps that become a reality for the 50% of households who are unable to install a charger at home.
It makes economic sense too. Why spend millions of pounds of tax payers’ money planning, procuring and digging up roads to install new charge points when there’s already hundreds of thousands of chargers which could be used? Utilising this existing network makes sense and means we can easily double or treble the current number of public chargepoints available across the UK.
According to Dept for Transport statistics, in 2021, there were just 39 public chargers per 100,000 population, only 7 of which were rapid chargers. This simply isn’t enough as the UK moves towards 2030 when all new sales of petrol and diesel vehicles will be banned.
In contrast there are 400,000 home chargers already out there which could be used through Community Charging. Please download the app and register today and help all of us move to a cleaner, greener UK.
Note: Co Charger operates in the UK only at present but will be rolling out in other countries soon. If you wish to be kept informed, please visit www.co-charger.com and sign up for our newsletter.
If you’re looking for a fleet charging solution or are a business who is interested in working with us, please contact us through our website at https://co-charger.com/contact-us