With this app, you can get the latest earthquake info immediately from all over the world.
Also, you can search the earthquakes occurred in the past.
- 14 Earthquake data sources, Covers the frequent occurrence of the earthquake area in the world.
- Earthquake data source
* [USGS] U.S.Geological Survey
* [EMSC] EU Mediterranean Earthquake Centre
* [GFZ] Ger Potsdam Earthquake Center
* [CWB] Taiwan Central Weather Bureau
* [JMA] Japan Meteorological Agency
* [INGV] Italy Geophysics Institute
* [CEIC] China Earthquake Center
* [IRSC] Iranian Seismological Center
* [TUR] Turkish Disaster and Emergency center
* [BGS] British Geological Survey
* [CHI] Chile Earthquake Center
* [CAN] Natural Resources Canada
* [AUS] Geoscience Australia
* [NZL] New Zealand Earthquake Commission
- See latest earthquakes around the World.
- Perfect real-time algorithm to achieve all of the data source unified display (non-duplication of data), data source select "ALL".
- Push alerts of earthquakes straight to your phone.
- View quakes on Google Map,Support detailed information display.
- Filter what you see (magnitude/region/depth)
- Provide historical data with earthquake in 300 km range.
- Epicentml distance (need to open GPS /support set the coordinates Manually)
- Support Historical data.
- Support collection quakes, can export the data.
- View details on source site
- earthquake, latest Quakes, magnitude,Epicentml distance, seismic, USGS, EMSC, CEIC, FGZ, JMA, CWB, INGV
Welcome to contact us feedback problem and suggestions!
- Email email@example.com
- Twitter twitter.com/earthquakesApp
With a Holo interface you can have the latest earthquakes, have notifications when they happen based on the time frequency you chose.
- Track latest earthquakes from around the world
- Notification Alerts
You will receive a notification when a earthquake happens, based on the frequency and magnitude you chose
- Select the minimum magnitude
- Three Holo themes to chose from
If you need any help, please send us an email so we can assist you.
If you wish to support my work, you may consider getting Earthquake Alerts Pro.
★ Earthquake magnitude, depth and age
★ Tectonic plates
★ Earthquake ticker showing strongest earthquakes
★ Tap quake label for more info and sharing
Spin the globe and pinch to zoom. Tap a label to see depth and time in ticker.
View earthquakes from last hour, day, 7 days or 30 days.
Data is from USGS.
NOTE: If the "time ago" is wrong for you - then check your phone time AND timezone in your phone settings.
OPTIONAL: In app payment to remove the advert and support dev.
(If you have any issue please email your device, OS version and full description of the problem).
- Report an earthquake that you felt and see the real time map with the reports of the other users and their messages related to the quakes. Use the chat to share information about quakes.
- View the earthquake detected in real time by USGS (U.S. Geological Survey), EMCS (European-Mediterranean Seismological Centre) which includes Chile earthquakes, INGV (Istituto Nazionale di Geofisica e Vulcanologia), IGN (Instituto Geográfico Nacional), CSI (China Seismic Information) and JMA (Japanese Meteorological Agency) with information on magnitude, depth, intensity and time.
- Receive quasi real time notifications of the quakes detected by the global monitoring networks.
- View the global tectonic plates.
- View the hazard of strong quakes globally.
- Check if the earthquake generated a tsunami in the ocean.
- View the population living near the epicenter of each quake.
- Show high resolution maps of volcanoes (in beta version)
- Enter the Earthquake Network contest and guess where the next eartquakes will strike.
Download the Pro version for more features such as sound alarm in case of a quake, e-mail notifications and the extended list and map of earthquakes.
Q: What is Earthquake Network?
A: Earthquake Network is the first Android application for detecting earthquakes through a global network of smartphones and pads.
Q: How does it work?
A: When the device detects the waves of a quake, the event is notified to a server along with your geographic position.
Q: What happens if I move my device?
A: Since the single device is not reliable, a quake is actually detected when many devices in the same area detect the quake at the same time.
Q: How do I use the app?
A: Start the application and use your device as always. The application works as a seismometer only when the device is placed over an horizontal surface, is charging and the screen is off.
Q: Does the app drain my battery?
A: No. The app is only running when the device is on charge.
Q: Does the app collect personal informations?
A: No. Only the geographic position is anonymously collected and it is deleted from the server after 10 minutes if no earthquakes are detected.
Q: Why should I keep Earthquake Network on my device?
A: Because the app can be useful to detect earthquakes only if it is installed on a large number of devices and it is free. Thanks for your cooperation!
gempa (Global Earthquake Monitoring Processing Analysis) GmbH, Potsdam, Germany, a spin-off of GFZ German Research Center for Geosciences, presents the Android App EQInfo giving information about the latest earthquake detections.
EQInfo supports the following features:
1. List of latest earthquakes showing magnitude, region, time ago, direction/distance to the earthquake epicenter and detecting agency
2. Earthquake details including overview map. New: Page through solutions of different agencies
3. Map of latest earthquakes
4. Options to filter the earthquake information by magnitude, depth, time and region
5. Configuration of data sources, update intervals, geolocation and unit of measurement
6. Background updates and notifications
7. Sharing of event information
EQInfo retrieves earthquake information from the following agencies:
- GFZ German Research Centre for Geosciences, http://geofon.gfz-potsdam.de
- European-Mediterranean Seismological Centre (EMSC), http://www.emsc-csem.org
- United States Geological Survey (USGS), http://www.usgs.gov
- Indonesian Agency for Meteorology, Climatology and Geophysics (BMKG), http://inatews.bmkg.go.id
- Natural Resources Canada (NRCan), http://earthquakescanada.nrcan.gc.ca
- Spanisch National Geographic Institute (IGN), http://www.ign.es
- National Observatory of Athens (NOA, Greece), http://www.noa.gr
- Kandilli Observatory and Earthquake Research Institute (KOERI, Turkey), http://www.koeri.boun.edu.tr/
The user has total control in defining which agencies would have a higher or lower preference. After setting this EQInfo will take care of aggregating the solutions for you, considering your preferences settings.
EQInfo tries to minimize both the data volume and update time. If supported, your filter criteria is summited to the agency for server-side filtering. Also the most compact data format is selected for transmission. Using this approach the amount of data transfered is 5-10 times smaller than fetching an RSS feed. Often the earthquake list of one agency is transfered in not more than 2KB.
Alerts and notifications coming soon in next version.
View the last 50 earthquakes in a list and on a map.
You can see all the details of an earthquake:
- location (maps),
- distance from you,
In the "Options" menu, you can enable or disable notifications of new earthquakes.
For notifications you can:
- select the default minimum magnitude
- set the default maximum distance from your location to the epicenter of earthquakes.
Or both - it's up to you!
Data comes from European-Mediterranean Seismological Centre.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a lightweight application. Choose whether or not and how often to run the earthquake notifier, and whether or not to use your location.
Ενημερωθέιτε για τους σεισμόυς στον ελλαδικό χώρο σε πραγματικό χρόνο
Αυτή η εφαρμογή κατεβάζει τα δεδομένα απο το Πανεπιστήμιο Αθηνών του εργαστηρίου σεισμολογίας. Τα δεδομένα παρουσιάζονται στον χάρτη της Ελλάδας.
Φιλτράρισμα σεισμών με βάση:
-Aπόσταση του σεισμού απο την θέση μας
-Την ένταση του σεισμού
-Τις ημέρες πρίν
-Τα μέγιστα αποτελέσματα
Δυνατότητα αυτόματης ειδοποίησης κάθε μία ώρα για τους σεισμόυς που γίνονται με βάση το φιλτράρισμα που έχουμε επιλέξει. έτσι μπορούμε να ειδοποιηθούμε σε πραγματικό χρόνο για τους σεισμούς που έχουν γίνει κοντά μας.
Λίστα όλων των τελευταίων 200 σεισμών που έχουν πραγματοποιηθεί.
Επιπλέον πληροφορίες για τον επιλεγμένο σεισμό.
Περιμένω τα σχολιά σας για να κάνουμε την εφαρμογή πιο λειτουργική!!
REAL TIME display of GREEK earthquakes.
All the data are from the Seismological laboratory of Athens University.
You can filter the earthquakes around you by defining distance, magnitude and other parameters. All the parameters are saved.
Real time service can notify you for earthquakes nearby!
Before you vote please contact with me if you have any problems.
The application is in Greek and English language.
-- Those who live their life on the fault lines should pick this app up immediately.” – Appolicious
-- A “MUST-HAVE” app that “…basically turns your mobile device into an all-in-one post-quake tool, info center, and instruction guide.” – TremblingEarth
-- 20 Best Android apps this week – Guardian News (10/4/2012)
-- Red Cross earthquake app helps before, during and after disaster – Cronkite News
-- Featured by AndroidPolice.com (10/2012)
Be ready for an earthquake with Earthquake by American Red Cross. Get notified when an earthquake occurs, prepare your family and home, find help and let others know you are safe even if the power is out – a must have for anyone who lives in an earthquake-prone area or has loved ones who do.
•Step-by-step instructions let you know what to do even before/during/after an earthquake, even if no data connectivity.
•Get notified when an earthquake occurs; see the intensity impact to your area or those of loved-ones with notifications generated by the United States Geological Survey (USGS).
•Let family and friends know you are okay with the customizable “I’m Safe” alert for Facebook, Twitter, email and text.
•Find open Red Cross shelters in your area when you need help.
•Stay safe when the lights are out with the Toolkit, including a strobe light, flashlight and audible alert functions.
•Prepare for the worst by learning how to assemble an emergency kit for your family in the event of power outage or evacuation.
•Empower your family to stay safe and remain calm in an emergency by learning how to make and practice an emergency plan.
•Earn badges that you can share with your friends and show off your hurricane knowledge with interactive quizzes.
•See an illustrated history of earthquakes in your area.
•Know how to what to do about food and drinking water when your area has been impacted by floods and power outages.
DIRECTLY CALL PHONE NUMBERS: We need this to allow you to call emergency numbers from within the app
CAMERA: We need to be able to use the camera to allow us to use the flashlight in Tool Kit
GPS LOCATION: We need to serve you earthquake alerts based on your current location
PHONE CONTACTS: We need this for the Make a Plan view to allow you to add emergency contacts straight from your address book
* Best selling Earthquake app on the iPhone/iPad.
* Live USGS data
* International data
* Sort list by Magnitude, Location, or Time
* Detailed maps
* Integration to USGS website
* Email detailed screenshots of maps & vital details anytime to anyone
In addition here is what California recommends you to do in an Earthquake (source: http://www.consrv.ca.gov/index/Earthquakes/Pages/qh_earthquakes_what.aspx)
Many people think having bottled water on hand is a good idea. That’s true, as long as you have enough. Many are certain that standing in a doorway during the shaking is a good idea. That’s false, unless you live in an unreinforced adode structure; otherwise, you're more likely to be hurt by the door swinging wildly in a doorway or trampled by people trying to hurry outside if you’re in a public place.
How to be Prepared
Electricity, water, gas and telephones may not be working after an earthquake. The police and fire departments are likely to be tied up. You should be prepared to fend for yourself for at least three days, preferably for a week.
You'll need food and water (a gallon a day per person); a first aid kit; a fire extinguisher suitable for all types of fires; flashlights; a portable radio; extra batteries, blankets, clothes, shoes and money (ATMs may not work); medication; an adjustable or pipe wrench to turn off gas or water, if necessary; baby and pet food; and an alternate cooking source (barbecue or camp stove). This list can also be applied to other disasters, such as floods or wildfires.
It’s also a good idea to decide beforehand how and where your family will reunite if separated during a quake and to conduct in-home practice drills. You might choose an out-of-the-area friend or relative that family members can call to check on you.
Securing water heaters, major appliances and tall, heavy furniture to prevent them from toppling are prudent steps. So, too, are storing hazardous or flammable liquids, heavy objects and breakables on low shelves or in secure cabinets.
Discuss earthquake insurance with your agent. Depending on your financial situation and the value of your home, it may be worthwhile.
During an Earthquake
If you're indoors, stay there. Get under -- and hold onto --a desk or table, or stand against an interior wall. Stay clear of exterior walls, glass, heavy furniture, fireplaces and appliances. The kitchen is a particularly dangerous spot. If you’re in an office building, stay away from windows and outside walls and do not use the elevator.
If you're outside, get into the open. Stay clear of buildings, power lines or anything else that could fall on you.
If you're driving, move the car out of traffic and stop. Avoid parking under or on bridges or overpasses. Try to get clear of trees, light posts, signs and power lines. When you resume driving, watch out for road hazards.
If you're in a mountainous area, beware of the potential for landslides. Likewise, if you're near the ocean, be aware that tsunamis are associated with large earthquakes. Get to high ground.
If you’re in a crowded public place, avoid panicking and do not rush for the exit. Stay low and cover your head and neck with your hands and arms.
After an Earthquake
Check for fire or fire hazards. If you smell gas, shut off the main gas valve. If there's evidence of damage to electrical wiring, shut off the power at the control box.
If the phone is working, only use it in case of emergency. Likewise, avoid driving if possible to keep the streets clear for emergency vehicles.
Be aware that items may fall out of cupboards or closets when the door is opened, and also that chimneys can be weakened and fall with a touch. Check for cracks and damage to the roof and foundation of your home.
View Map which pin points the exact location and you may zoom in to get the clear picture of specific location.
New thoughts for this app is always welcome.
Tags: Earthquake application for android, Earthquake, Earthquake locations, current earthquake , Map for earthquake, Earthquake alert,Map for android devices. Indonesia earthquake alert, Japan earthquake alert, India earthquake alert, US earthquake alert.
More from developer
Your ultimate mobile fantasy football draft tool and cheatsheet!
Not only review fantasy rankings on the go, but use this as your offline draft helper.
Track over 820 players to see the best left. Don't make the mistake of drafting a player already taken!
With this app, you can create a draft with your custom league settings including PPR. The rankings update based on your league settings. You can also have multiple drafts for each league. As you draft you can mark players as drafted or interested. Any progress you make gets automatically saved so you can pick up where you left off. Finally, view player profiles including info, stats, and player news.
*Upgrade to Draft Punk Pro! - remove ads, get custom rankings, and depth charts. This is a yearly upgrade.
* This is a companion application to Earthquake Alert! *
It uses push notifications to alert you when an earthquake occurs that match any predefined filters.
Create as many filters as you want to monitor earthquakes all over the world. Create a filter for smaller earthquakes near your location, or one to filter very large quakes worldwide, or create a custom location and radius - it's up to you!
Push notifications use Google's C2DM technology and therefore require Android 2.2.
Again, this is a companion app for Earthquake Alert!. Once you have both installed they work together seamlessly.
Note: there is a free version of this app. You should try that one first to see how you like it.
* This is a companion application to Earthquake Alert! *
** NOTE: this is *not* a real time system. Data comes from USGS and they post earthquakes online many minutes after the event so there will be delays of 5-20 minutes usually.
* Please email me for issues. I cannot respond to comments or feedback on the app itself.
Try creating a custom location filter vs. the "near me" filter - that one relies on your phone's location and isn't always up to date when the quake comes in.
- Commercial, and
- Pedestrian wait times.
- Shows the borders closest to your location, the delay, number of open lanes, approximate distance, and more.
- See changelog for updates