Just Good Work was designed for you to secure work abroad that is safe, profitable and legal by avoiding pitfalls of deception, debt and exploitation. Migrant workers from all over the world have been giving their input into the content and design of the platform from the beginning.
● Information and advice on using different ways to get a job- (personal contact, local agent, agency)
● Checklists for what to look for in a contract or job offer
● Option to see or listen to key information through videos and audio
● Safely and securely save photos of important documents and receipts that only you can
● Real stories from other workers like you, sharing their experiences of moving to work abroad
● Links to agencies and helplines that can offer support and advice at home and abroad.
BENEFITS OF JUST GOOD WORK:
● Increases visibility of the recruitment process.
● Provides you with information you need to make safe decisions for overseas work.
● Gives you a way to get help when they feel there is a problem, either at home or abroad.
● Informs you of your rights and responsibilities at home and abroad.
● Through knowing what is and is not acceptable, you are less likely to experience extortion,
abuse, high debt and human trafficking.
● Empowers safe, legal and better paid work opportunities.
● Increases the likelihood of a successful transition to work abroad, better career progression
and further opportunities in other destinations.
ABOUT JUST GOOD WORK
Just Good Work is an independent, collaborative, partnership-based platform. Key partners include:
Fifty Eight, a social enterprise that partners with organisations to develop practical solutions to the challenges of worker exploitation. – and who have built and maintain the Just Good Work platform.
Just Good Work is made available for free to all UK employees, employers and labour providers through collaboration with and the support of the
o Association of Labour Providers and its partner organisations o Refactory- a Ugandan tech accelerator.