The Hyakume (百目 - "Hundred Eyes") app can view & record the low-latency H.264/MJPEG video streams produced by modern IP cameras (doorbell, security, surveillance, traffic, weather, etc.).
Store up to 100 Camera objects (see what we did there?) in 10 separate Camera Lists (examples: Home, Office, Storage, etc.).
To add a Camera, choose a unique name (Living room, Kitchen, Spooky Basement, etc.) & provide the Camera's local IPv4 address, video stream path, format & IP port.
Test the new connection to generate a sample camera image.
Use the ONVIF Discovery option to locate new ONVIF-compatible IP cameras on the local network.
Save the new Camera in the current (active) Camera List.
Cameras in the active list are continually polled & will display a polling snapshot image & timestamp if online.
Tap an online Camera to open its video stream.
Record multiple video segments, capture snapshot images & expand the Camera view to full-screen.
NOTE: The saved image & video files are available for archiving, uploading & sharing.
Pets tearing up your kitchen while you're out? Use the Relay Server from your commute/office to catch them in the act & confront them with the video evidence!
You can setup a Hyakume device (phone or tablet) as a dedicated Relay Server on your home/personal network to enable free secure remote access to local IP cameras (spare compatible Android device required):
• Install the Hyakume app
• In Settings, enable the Relay Server
• Assign a server userid, password & listener port for remote connections
• Enable the Web Client to allow secure remote access from desktop/mobile web browsers
• In the DEFAULT Camera List, add the Cameras you want available for remote access
• Enable Port Forwarding on your network gateway, if necessary
• Start the Relay Server to begin remote access
NOTE: Remote connections are secured by strong TLS encryption & mandatory userid/password authentication.
• Supports the low-latency H.264 & MJPEG video streaming formats
• Records video segments & captures snapshot images
• ONVIF discovery locates new local IP cameras
• Relay Server enables free, secure remote access
• Basic motion detection
• Displays Cameras in List/Grid formats, Light/Dark modes
• Designed for phones (portrait), tablets (portrait/landscape) & TV boxes
If you have any unused Android phones or tablets lying around, use them to start or expand your FREE IP camera viewing setup today!