Use the Hyakume (百目 - "Hundred Eyes") app to view & record the low-latency H.264 & MJPEG video streams produced by a wide range of IP cameras (doorbell, security, surveillance, traffic/weather, webcam, baby/pet monitors, etc.).
Up to 100 Camera links can be stored in 10 separate Camera Lists (10 per List)
To create a Camera link give the Camera a unique name (Living room, Kitchen, Spooky Basement, etc.) & provide its local IPv4 address, video stream path, format & IP port (ex. Kitchen, 192.168.20.2, /video/h264, H.264, 35).
Test the new connection (generate a sample camera snapshot image) & save it to the current List.
Use the ONVIF Discovery tool to locate new ONVIF-compatible IP cameras on the local network.
Cameras are continually polled & display a live snapshot image & polling timestamp if online.
Tap an online (active) Camera in the current Camera List to open its live video stream for viewing, recording, etc.
You can record multiple video segments, capture snapshot images & expand the Camera view to full-screen.
NOTE: The saved image & video files are available for later archiving & sharing.
Pets tearing up your kitchen or living room while you're out? Use the handy Relay Server option from your commute/office/phone to catch them in the act & confront them with the evidence!
Setup a Hyakume device (phone or tablet) as a dedicated Relay Server on your home/personal network to enable free secure remote access to local IP cameras (spare Android device required):
• Install Hyakume on the selected device & enable the Relay Server
• Assign a valid server userid, password & listener port
• Enable the optional Web Client to allow secure remote access from desktop/mobile web browsers
• In the DEFAULT Camera List, add the Cameras you want to be available for remote access
• Enable Port Forwarding on your network router or gateway, if necessary
• Start the Relay Server to allow remote access to local Cameras
NOTE: Remote connections are secured by strong TLS 1.x encryption & mandatory userid/password authentication.
• Supports the low-latency H.264 & MJPEG video streaming formats
• Records video segments & captures snapshot images
• ONVIF discovery tool locates new local IP cameras
• Relay Server enables secure remote access
• Basic motion detection
• Displays Cameras in List/Grid formats, Light/Dark modes
• Designed for phones (portrait), tablets (portrait/landscape) & TV boxes
If you have any old, unused Android phones or tablets lying around gathering dust, use them to start or expand your FREE IP camera viewing setup today!