It drains your battery. That's pretty much it.
How fast depends on the size of your battery and your phone’s processor
A smaller battery or faster processor means faster draining
Generic battery drainer drains your battery by performing any combination of:
- Intensive CPU work
- GPU computations(May also put load on CPU)
- Keeping the torch on
- Maximizing screen brightness with Wake Lock
- Continuous GPS requests
- Continuous WiFi scanning
- Continuous Bluetooth scanning
Choose which functions you want to run and which permissions you want to grant. If you don't feel comfortable giving GPS permission for example, you can still run the other drainers.
Some features require permissions to run. You can choose which you are comfortable with and deny all the others. CPU and GPU load do not require any permissions on. No data is stored, shared or collected in any way.
Needed for turning the led torch(flash) on and keeping it on.
Access fine location:
Needed for making GPS requests.
Needed for making WiFi scan requests.
Needed to maximize brightness and keep the screen on even when this app is in the background
How it works:
When you press b>Start, the app will launch a foreground service with the selected drainers. A menu will then appear in the notification bar. You can minimize the app or even close it as long as the notification menu is not dismissed. Stop draining by pressing Stop in the notification menu.
Warning: If you turned on CPU or GPU load, your phone will run very slowly when using other apps!
Spawns one thread for every core in your processor and does a combination of Integer, Floating Point and Double Precision math continuously.
Performs parallelized matrix multiplication of random Floating Point numbers on the GPU. Excess load will also cause the CPU to be utilized.
Keeping the torch light on uses battery, of course.
Screen and Wake Lock:
Keeps the screen at Max brightness and always on, even if this app is minimized or closed. Pressing stop returns the screen brightness to it's original condition.
GPS, Bluetooth and WiFi:
A scan is performed for each utility and when it finishes, a new scan is started. The continuous scanning drains the battery.
Tips for use:
- If you want to drain your battery as fast as possible, turn on all options.
- CPU/GPU load will make your phone less responsive and slower. To drain the battery while using your phone to do other things like messaging, watching videos or playing games, do not enable CPU/GPU load.
- Your phone might get warm while using this app. Be careful and check the in app battery status display from time to time.
- You can also set cutoff limits in the settings page.