vobot is a full dictionary combined with a vocabulary trainer app to help you learn German as a foreign language. It gives you translations as well as sample phrases, so you can see how a word or expression is used in a typical context. Click the heart next to a sample sentence to add it to your learning list. Then practice your chosen vocabulary in a series of progressively difficult exercises for more efficient long-term uptake.
The free version allows you to search for any German word or expression beginning with the letter "v". Upgrade to "vobot German Pro" to search the whole dictionary in German or English.
Advantages at a glance:
• Learn only the German words relevant to you and practice them in the context of an authentic phrase
• Over 30,000 German words with translations
• Nearly 100,000 authentic phrases
• Learn offline
• No advertising
• No registration required for free or paid version
• No data collected
• Exercises get progressively more difficult
• Advanced exercises include spelling
• Get instant feedback on whether you were wrong or right
• Share your learned vocabulary with your teacher or friends
Tips for use:
• Look up words in German or in English.
• Scroll to choose between different meanings and sample phrases.
• Click the heart next to a phrase to add it to your learning list.
• When looking for words, you can type in the inflection. This is especially useful for beginning learners who encounter a verb like “dachte” but don’t know what the infinitive form is. Just type in “dachte” and you will get “denken”.
Special offer for teachers and schools:
Purchase a volume license for your students at an attractive price. vobot German is a great way to motivate students to keep learning outside of the classroom. You can also use vobot German in the classroom with our free Teacher’s Guide. Ask us about these offers at: email@example.com
The translations and sample phrases in vobot German come from the Hueber Learner’s Dictionary German-English / English-German, ISBN 3-19-101736-1.