Mau King is a brand new implementation of Mau Mau, played by the Official World's rules of Mau Mau / Crazy 8s.
This is the place where you play online for free with real people and build your player rank with experience. Mau Mau is also known as Crazy 8's, Switch, Flaps and Mau, being one of the world's most popular games.
Mau King is illustrated with original artwork by Milisav Bankovic, the renowned artistic illustrator. Its app layout follows the latest UX standards with a wide open game room, a croupier handing cards, and other treats available in most popular card games today.
*** Please see how it looks and comment below - we want to hear your opinion!
Once you install the game and join for the first time, you will get a tour around and play an assisted game to easily pick up the basics. After that you can visit the Info/Help section, where you can find more detailed card game rules, together with the legend of Mau Mau as imagined by our authors. All detailed rules with examples and pictures are also available at http://www.mauking.com/card-rules.
*** Rules of Game Play - Mau Mau
The following rules can be found inside the game:
- Game begins with one card on the table, and six cards in hands of each player
- The winner is the player who first loses all cards
- When you get your turn, play a card matching the card on the top
- Cards are matched if they have the same suit or number
- If you do not have a matching card, click the Croupier to get one card
- If still no luck after drawing from Croupier, click Skip
- Before playing your second-last card, raise the flag. Otherwise you will get two cards penalty when you play your last card
Power cards / Special cards
- Jack matches any other card, except another Jack. When you throw it, you have to select a suit the next player must follow.
- Eight will skip the next player
- Seven causes the next player to pick up two cards, unless they play a Seven too, so the next player picks up four, etc.
- Queen reverses the direction of play.
- After playing an Ace, you have to play again.
- Two of Clubs, or Little Two, causes next player to pick up four cards. No defence against it.
All detailed rules are available at http://www.mauking.com/card-rules . It contains many detailed corner-case rules and tricks.
*** Game modes
There are three game modes: single games, tournaments and duels. Duels are two-player, single games are 5-player. You can play them in a series, each round is considered a single whole game.
Tournaments are played until there is only one-man-standing. Once someone reaches 101, they are kicked out and the rest of the group continues to play. Tournaments involve big buy-ins - so you better collect some chips beforehand.
By building your experience you go through an array of honorary ranks. You start with being unranked, and as soon as you win one game, you become the first rank - the apprentice. Each rank is difficult to achieve, because when you lose a game your experience goes down. But imagine being a Champion? A Mau King Champion. Or a Mau King Diamond? We believe in your skills, but you will need some luck too!
Join Mau King now and make the community better - we welcome you!