Deaf people can use it to chat with an emergency call center when they have an emergency. Using text chat, deaf people can get professional help very easily.
In addition, health data and the current location can be automatically sent to the emergency call center. This allows for very efficient help.
In Austria, you can use it to reach the following services:
- Fire department (emergency call 122)
- Police (emergency call 133)
- Rescue (emergency call 144)
- Mountain rescue (emergency call 140)
- Euro-emergency call (emergency call 112)
- Silent Emergency (Police)
There is also a mode for training emergency calls in the DEC112 app. This way you can learn to handle the app better.
The DEC112 app is a supplement to the deaf SMS (0800 133 133) in Austria.
The DEC112 app is:
- Intuitive: The operation of the DEC112 app is very simple. When making an emergency call, you can focus on what's important and won't be distracted.
- Efficient: the app uses GPS in the smartphone for accurate location determination.
- Secure: Your data remains stored exclusively on your device. Only in the event of an emergency call is your data securely forwarded to the emergency call center.
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)