Using the vGIS system, field personnel can see an augmented view that includes holographic infrastructure objects, improving their environmental assessments and increasing their situational awareness. From delivering real-time, in-field holographic visualizations of underground pipes, valves, cables and other utility objects to visualizing ground penetrating radar scans, vGIS solutions are estimated to prevent 25% of excavation-related accidents resulting from human error, among other benefits.
The system combines object holograms with object-specific data to provide a hands-free method for field technicians to understand the infrastructure they need to service while on site, quickly and safely.
• Exceptional Accuracy
• Consistent Visualizations: 3D overlays stay “world-locked” by remaining in sync with the physical world
• Multi-Device Support
• No Additional Equipment: vGIS Utilities does not require any additional equipment
• Workflow Integration: vGIS Utilities integrates with your existing back-office systems
• Advanced Collaboration: Integrated holograms, video, and audio that connect the office with field teams
• GIS Integration: Bidirectional integration with Esri ArcGIS and other GIS systems
• GNSS Integration: Integrates with high-precision GNSS devices from EOS, SXBlue, and Trimble
• Multi-View Support: First-person on-site experience and birds-eye “zoom out” site overviews
• GIS Object Support: Supports visualization of points, lines, areas, volumes, and 3D objects
• 3D Object Support: Natively displays objects from Esri CitiEngine and Trimble SketchUp