Mei (pronounced ‘May’) is the first SMS chat app with an optional AI relationship assistant designed to improve your text conversations. From advice on how to better communicate, to full personality profiles and anomaly detection, Mei uses the latest AI technology to make texting a little easier, but more thoughtful and informed.
Even if you choose not to enable the AI, Mei is an upgrade to the default SMS / MMS chat app that came with your phone. Mei has everything from personalized themes (e.g. dark mode), scheduled messages, and much more. When texting other Mei users via data messaging, you can send secure/end-to-end encrypted messages, enjoy free international texting, and even delete messages after they’ve been sent.
MEI, THE AI, CAN…
• Be turned on or off freely
• Interpret text conversations in real-time and give you personalized advice
• Detect when you or the person you’re texting is acting out of character
• Remind you to respond to a text or get in touch with a contact when it’s been unusually long since the last text or call
• Provide a full personality profile on you and the person you’re chatting with
If you choose not to enable the AI assistant, our chat app remains a great upgrade / replacement to the default SMS messaging app that came pre-packaged on your Android phone.
WITH MEI, YOU CAN…
• Personalize Mei with different color themes and background options (light, dark and black mode)
• Schedule messages to send later, and cancel them before they send
When messaging other Mei users…
• Message with end-to-end encryption, ensuring your messages are secure
• Message internationally for free
• Unsend / delete text messages at any time, even if the person has read the text
• Send disappearing messages which are deleted after they are read
• Send expiring messages which are deleted after a set period of time
DETAILS ON AI FEATURES
Mei can interpret all your messages in real-time, making accurate predictions to tell you things about your relationships, contacts, or even yourself. Not only can Mei tell you things about others, she helps you understand how you may be perceived by everyone you text.
By analyzing text messages already on your phone, Mei can provide you with a full personality profile showing you how you come across in your texts. She can also provide you with the personality profiles of the people you chat with and tell you how similar or different you are.
Taking into account personality differences between you and the contact you’re texting, Mei can offer insightful texting advice to help avoid miscommunication and misinterpretation. For example, if she perceives the person you’re texting as very spontaneous and you as more organized, she will tell you it’s okay to play things by ear rather than try to make plans.
Mei has an anomaly detection feature that alerts you if she notices deviation in behavior either from you or the person you’re texting.
Users can opt in to anonymous polling by switching polling to “on” in the “Accounts and Advanced Features” menu. First-time users will earn an immediate opt-in credit. While polling is turned on, users will periodically receive polls, whenever they become available. Polling questions arrive in a similar format to alerts from the AI assistant, but are clearly marked to distinguish the two.
Our credit system manages the data and intelligence exchanged in the app. If you turn on the AI and share your data, opinions and knowledge, you’ll earn credits. If you request data and intelligence, for example, to understand a contact’s personality, you’ll use credits.
Read more about our credit system here: http://bit.ly/MeiCredit
Improve your relationships with your own AI helping you reduce the confusion and miscommunication in chats.