RadiusLocker is a free open source (https://gitlab.com/merrycachemiss/radiuslocker & mirror at https://app.radicle.xyz/seeds/maple.radicle.garden/radiuslocker) app that automatically locks your phone when your smartwatch falls out of connection range, and then temporarily disables biometric unlocking features (face, voice, fingerprint, etc) until you've next entered your PIN. You can also manually trigger a mode to constantly require your PIN before you enter a sticky situation, or even automatically when you are sleeping (based on your daily wakeup alarm time), until you cancel this mode via the notification.
The goal is to further lock down your phone's local data if it gets taken away from you, or if you've left it behind somewhere. Think of it as automating Lockdown mode, but available for devices running OS versions less than P.
There is also a Wear OS companion app, which can be used to lock your phone manually while still in range.
If you have problems with RadiusLocker not running in the background, check out the instructions for your device at https://dontkillmyapp.com/
Also available are advanced options to avoid a RadiusLocker lock when your chosen wearable disconnects, such as:
🔓 Your phone is connected to a specified WIFI network SSID
🔓 Your phone is connected to another specified Bluetooth device
🔓 Your phone is charging
Other handy features:
🔒 Constant PIN mode, which temporarily disables biometric unlocking and requires PIN on a longer-term basis (until cancelled):
- Can be triggered automatically within 8HR before your phone's alarm, only while charging, to help prevent others from unlocking your phone using your face or fingerprint while you are sleeping. Smartwatch not required.
- Manual triggers via Quick Settings tile, Wear OS companion app, or extra launcher icons.
- Optionally triggered automatically when you disconnect from a chosen WIFI snooze network.
⏰ Lock retry every ~15 minutes if your phone didn't lock due to a Snooze.
⏰ Delay locking by set period in case watch Bluetooth disconnection was temporary and returns after a few seconds.
🔒 Lock if SIM gets removed.
🔒 Lock if power cable gets removed.
⚙️ Launch a Tasker task upon RadiusLocker lock, with an optional delay period in case your locking wearable returns.
🖐️ Require biometric authentication when cold-launching main app screen or cancelling scheduled lock retry and other events. Offers PIN fallback.
🚀 Extra launcher app icons for an immediate lock or starting Constant PIN mode.
- You can use these icons for assignment of physical buttons on your phone (compatibility varies). For example, double press of the power button to lock instantly or start Constant PIN mode, instead of launching your camera. Useful if you don't have Wear OS, and want to lock your phone immediately without taking it out of your pocket or doing a restart on your wearable to sever the connection while in proximity.
- The icons can also be launched by Tasker in the background, under custom scenarios of your choosing. Example: When leaving your favourite WIFI network, configured in the Tasker profile, launch the "app" for Constant PIN mode to disable biometrics while out in the world, until cancelled via its notification.
Forcing a shutdown on your wearable can also be used for locking, if both devices are still in proximity and not in a Snooze state.
RadiusLocker won't work on ZTE devices. RadiusLocker is not a lock screen replacement. This app uses the Device Administrator permission. You will be prompted for a Device Administrator permission request.
Because of the Device Administrator permission, later uninstallation first requires you to remove RadiusLocker from the Device Admin list in the OS's settings (search for Admin).
Please hit us at email@example.com for any issues or feedback, we won't always know what needs fixing for specific devices unless we're notified -- hardware is hard.