This app shows three animations:
1. Geographical game, where you have to guess a location on a 3D-earth, which rotates and tumbles to display that location in the middle. This game contains 4 levels (beginner, skillful, advanced and expert), 5 continents (Africa, America, Asia, Europe and Oceania) and 5 groups (capitals, large cities, airports, towns and other). You can get up to 3 hints and depending on the level, you may have to choose between 3, 6, 9 or 12 possibilities. It contains more than 3000 locations, of which 243 capitals and 108 large cities.
2. Day and night, showing the shape of the night over the earth for any given date and time. It also shows the time at different earth positions and the city lights of the capitals and large cities at night. At start, the animation shows the current day, but you can select any date to observe how shape of the night changes during the seasons, e.g. March 21, June 21, September 21 and December 21.
3. The earth orbiting around the sun, showing the actual date for each position, the seasons and the special orbit positions of the earth. You can also select any date to indicate it on the orbit.
- Change the animation speed of the earth orbit, the earth rotation and the movement of the night over the earth.
- Select a date to show it on the earth orbit.
- Select a date to calculate shape of the night and its position over the earth.
- Change the animation speed of the night movement over the earth or step through the night manually.
- The geographical game contains over 4500 locations to guess.
- By selecting the level, the continents and the groups, you define the set of locations to use.
- You get a happy sound when straight selecting the right solution, without asking hints.
- This app runs on tablets and phones (see limitations), but has been designed for tablets.
- Zoom in (two fingers gesture) and pan (one finger gesture) to enlarge the screen.
- Detects the language setting on the Android device and adapts its language accordingly, if possible: English (default), French, German and Dutch.
- This app needs Android 4.0 or higher.
- To make sure this app runs on your Android device, please install the free app SYSCHECK first (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ss.syscheck&hl=en). It must confirm your device uses an ARMv7 processor and has a NEON feature.