This app belongs to our series of educational apps that are focused on the Universe and its wonders. Imagine you are travelling in a fast spaceship that can orbit the planets of our Solar System, while you are directly observing their strange surfaces. The Great Red Spot on Jupiter, the beautiful rings of Saturn, the mysterious structures of the Pluto's surface and the white poles of Mars, all of these can be viewed in great detail. This app works on the modern phones (Android 4 or newer, landscape orientation) and requires a Cardboard or similar device for the VR mode. If your mobile phone has orientation sensors, a gyroscopic effect will be present all the time and the image will rotate according to the user's movements.
Here is the introductory words that are spoken when a planet is selected:
0. The Sun is the star at the center of the Solar System.
1. Mercury is the smallest and innermost planet in the Solar System.
2. Venus is the second planet from the Sun; it is the second-brightest natural object in the night sky after the Moon.
3. Earth is the third planet from the Sun and the only astronomical object known to harbor life.
4. Mars is the fourth planet from the Sun and the second-smallest planet in the Solar System after Mercury.
5. Jupiter is the fifth planet from the Sun and the largest in the Solar System.
6. Saturn is the sixth planet from the Sun and the second-largest in the Solar System, after Jupiter.
7. Uranus is the seventh planet from the Sun. It has the third-largest planetary radius and fourth-largest planetary mass in the Solar System.
8. Neptune is the eighth and farthest known planet from the Sun in the Solar System.
9. Pluto is a dwarf planet in the Kuiper belt, a ring of bodies beyond Neptune.
-- special software optimization to lower the power consumption
-- simple commands - this app is very easy to use and configure
-- zoom in, zoom out, auto-rotate function
-- high definition pictures, background music, text to speech
-- no ads, no limitations
-- VR mode and gyroscopic effect