The most advanced version of MoCA’s digital application for in-person administration.
Designed to be easier to administer than the paper version, with automated features available, saving time for clinicians and researchers, and live instructions ensuring greater standardization.
Available languages: English, French, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, and Swedish.
INTELLIGENT FEATURES INCLUDE:
- Draw on screen with finger or stylus—or use device camera to photograph drawing on paper
- Automatic scoring (“Trail Making”, “Subtraction”, “Naming” questions)
- Speech-to-text recognition (“Verbal Fluency” question)
- On-screen instructions adapted to previous answers provided
- Suggestions appear for rater to select correct answer more quickly
- Easy file creation and patient result storing for future review
- Tracking of time spent on test and per question
- Section for rater notes on each test
- Hibernation mode and auto save features provide security and prevent data loss
- Quick export and import of results to EMR (paperless)
- Direct EHR integration capable
“...This study establishes adequate convergent validity between the MoCA and eMoCA (app version of MoCA) among an adult population presenting with memory concerns.”
Berg et al, 2018, Journal of Alzheimer’s Disease