Nuovo Devoto-Oli, the vocabulary of contemporary Italian, edited by Giacomo Devoto, Gian Carlo Oli, Luca Serianni, Maurizio Trifone.
ATTENTION - IMPORTANT NOTES FOR USING THE APP:
This app does NOT contain the New Devoto-Oli vocabulary. To download and consult the Nuovo Devoto-Oli on Android smartphones and tablets it is necessary to activate a valid license for the digital version of the dictionary; all the information necessary to complete the activation is available on the site Dizionario.devoto-oli.it.
There is no purchase of the digital version of the vocabulary through the in-App Purchase tool.
The Nuovo Devoto-Oli is proposed as a fundamental linguistic tool that explains the words in a clear, complete, in-depth way and guides the reader to a correct use of the language. A new idea of vocabulary that meets the needs of today's reader.
The new sections "linguistic first aid", To say it in Italian, Questioni di stile and Parole minate investigate all those aspects of Italian that can be a source of doubt, focusing on particularly critical words or expressions, explaining rules that are changing, suggesting the uses that are most appropriate based on the context or situation.
The app is designed to offer a tool capable of facilitating search and consultation on mobile devices, with particular attention to the accessibility of the text:
• voice search: say the lemma to search for and view the results.
• search for inflected forms: it is possible to search for a lemma starting from the declined or conjugated form;
• tools for personalization: selection of favorites, creation of textual notes;
• new accessibility menu: you can choose a highly readable font, set the display in high contrast, determine the distance of the line spacing and the size of the font;
• sharing of definitions via social media and via email
The numbers of the Nuovo Devoto-Oli:
• 115,000 items;
• 300,000 definitions;
• 400 neologisms and new meanings;
• over 650 usage notes (To say it in Italian, Style Matters, Mined Words)
• 45,000 phrases and idioms;
• 25,000 between verbs, adjectives and nouns with regency;
• 90,000 etymologies;
• 33,000 entries with synonyms and antonyms for a total of 180,000;
• complete conjugation of all verbs, feminine and plural of all nouns, adjectives and pronouns;
• audio with the correct pronunciation of all voices;
The vocabulary can be downloaded to the device and consulted offline: the Internet connection is only necessary for listening to the audio files and for sharing headwords.