The aim of this European Nuclear Medicine Guide is to provide a comprehensive, yet concise, overview and description of the nuclear medicine related basic science and technical procedures including:
- in vivo imaging with radiopharmaceuticals
- hybrid/multimodality imaging
- radionuclide-guided surgery
- radionuclide therapy
- techniques related to nuclear physics in medicine
- medical applications of radiobiology and radiation protection
The Training Requirements for the Specialty of Nuclear Medicine, defined by the UEMS Section and European Board of Nuclear Medicine and fully endorsed by the UEMS, have been used as backbone for the content of this nuclear medicine guide.
Developed as a joint project of the European Association of Nuclear Medicine (EANM) and the UEMS Section and Board of Nuclear Medicine (UEMS/EBNM), this app is a publication from and for the nuclear medicine community.