Culture Walks is the ideal companion for discovering Sydney on foot – discover hidden laneways and new neighbourhoods while learning about Sydney’s history and the stories behind the city’s most loved public artworks. Prefer to see what’s close to you or interested in a particular work? Simply filter through hundreds of points of interest by location, type or theme.
• Be guided through 10 walking tours curated by the City of Sydney’s history and public art teams
• 400+ historical and public art points of interest, filterable by type, location and theme.
• Discover all the points of interest in offline mode*
• Free updates for life: keep an eye out for new walks and points of interest
Download the app and start walking!
App development happily provided by We Make Apps – http://wemakeapps.net
*Like other mapping apps, a data connection is required to download and display map imagery.
- View times for any saved trip with a single tap
- Trackwork and service interruption information
- Interactive maps (create your trip by clicking on your station/stop)
- Alarms (arrival/departure, time/distance)
- Multi-modal trip editor (customise exact change locations / lines)
- Real-time delay information and vehicle map (subject to data availability)
Realtime data is available for the following operators:
- Sydney Trains (Sydney metro area only, excluding Waterfall and the T6 Line)
- Sydney and Newcastle Buses
- Hillsbus, Forest Coach Lines, Busways Blacktown, Transdev North Shore
- Sydney Ferries
- Sydney Light Rail (excluding stops between Exhibition Centre and Central)
NOTE: Best efforts are taken to ensure timetable accuracy, but no guarantees are made. If you find an error in the timetable, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with details.
Make your Sydney experience unforgettable, with the official app from sydney.com. Explore exciting things to do, where to stay and events, must-do dining and entertainment, shopping and nightlife, nature, beaches and family experiences – all in real-time - with images, contact details and interactive maps.
You can book accommodation, get great deals and explore points of interest and facilities.
Save your favourites or build your own itinerary, to view offline. Plus you can check-in while in Sydney to share your travel experiences with your friends.
As well as information on transport, weather and currency conversion, the app has links to Visitor Information Centres that provide all your travel information needs when you are in Sydney.
We are sure you will love planning your trip to and getting around in Sydney with this easy-to-use travel app.
Included features & functions:
* Travel directory of great things to do
* Information and images on all Sydney regions
* Up-to-date events listings
* Mobile booking
* My Favourites and My Itinerary
* Current Weather
* Currency converter
* Services and facilities maps
* Over 3,000 accommodation, events, restaurants, tours and hire listings
Sydney OpalTracker allows you to track your current balance and usage history across all Opal-compatible forms of transport. Never wonder how much your bus, train or ferry trip cost you again!
Have more than 1 OpalCard? No problem. Sydney OpalTracker allows you to view your data for all your cards in one easy-to-use interface.
Features of the app include:
✔ View your card balance and usage history.
✔ View how much each trip has cost you
✔ Support for multiple Opal cards
✔ Android Wear integration - find out your Opal Card balance from your wrist!
✔ Attractive widget to view your card balance right from the homescreen
✔ Dashclock widget integration
This app is not affiliated with Transport for NSW in any way. If you have any questions regarding your Opal card or account, please contact Transport for NSW directly. This app uses your Opal account login details. Your details are stored only on your phone and are safely transmitted using a secure, encrypted connection.
Walking tours included in this application are:
* City Orientation Tour (18 sights)
* Museums and Art Galleries (8 sights)
* Sydney’s Art Galleries (7 sights)
* Landmarks in Sydney (7 sights)
* Places of Worship (7 sights)
* Nightlife in Circular Quay (6 sights)
* Hottest Nightclubs (6 sights)
* The Pyrmont Area (6 sights)
* Best of Shopping in Sydney (5 sights)
* Sydney for Kids (6 sights)
* Sydney’s East Shore (6 sights)
* Taronga Zoo (8 sights)
All the data used in this app is built into the software, so you can follow the walking tours or use the city map without internet access or cellular data plan. No need to pay the costly roaming charges when traveling to foreign cities. The app is optimized for Android phone and tablet.
The powerful navigation assistance includes:
* Touring routes clearly displayed on map.
* Precise turn-by-turn walking directions from one sight to the next.
* `FindMe` displays your exact location and Auto Tracking displays your movement on the map (this feature is not supported on device without built-in GPS function).
* Built-in compass to show you the direction.
* A detailed city map which can be used independently for your other traveling needs.
Please visit our website at www.GPSmyCity.com to find city walks for over 470 cities worldwide.
Once again, Sydney will be transformed into a spectacular canvas of light, music and ideas when Vivid Sydney takes over the city after dark from 22 May – 8 June 2015.
Highlights of Vivid Sydney include amazing light installations and 3 D-mapped building projections; stand-out performances by Australian and international musicians during Vivid LIVE at Sydney Opera House and Vivid Music plus the dynamic Vivid Ideas Exchange where you can connect with leading creative thinkers from around the world . Each event listing has detailed information including event type, images, event description, map, and contact details including emails, phone numbers and URLS.
The Vivid Light footprint keeps expanding. This year it includes the Sydney Harbour Bridge, Sydney Opera House, Darling Harbour, Martin Place, The Rocks and Walsh Bay.
In this year's updated VIVID Sydney App:
Use 'Near me' to find VIVID Light installations, VIVID Music performances and VIVID Ideas talks around you as you explore the festival.
Sign in or register to MyVivid to favourite events to manage your favourites from your iOS device or desktop computer
Explore Speaker profiles and Precincts through the application
Take pictures at VIVID Sydney then augment and enhance these with VIVID Snap before sharing socially
Get realtime notification from New South Wales Alert (NSW Alert).
Weather, Bush Fire, Police Alert, Live Traffic, Health, UV index, Air Quality, Water level, Product Alerts all in one package.
For our New South Wales users. GO! NSW!
The Sydney & NSW Alert app is free and easy to use.
• Weather Alert provides severe weather warning and Marine warning in New South Wales
• UV Index Alert provides daily UV index chart for Major cities in New South Wales and UV index scale
• Sydney train Alert shows the public transport travel updates
• Live Traffic Alert shows the current road traffic in New South Wales such as road maintenance and road construction
• Fire Incident Map shows the location of all fire incidents in New South Wales.
• New South Wales Bushfires Warning Advice and fire danger rating provides all fire warning and advice notification in Sydney and NSW with detailed safety information. (bushfire)
• Recent Earthquakes shows all earthquakes in Australia in last 7 days with magnitude information.
• Park Alert provides Parks NSW News such as park fire and closure.
• Police Alert gives you current New South Wales Police News including crime assistance, national counter terrorist news.
• Water level gives you current New South Wales river and dam water level
• NSW Service (Government payment service) is also included
• Health Alert provides updated health alerts from Department of Health (such as Ebola virus disease (EVD) in west Africa
• Product Recall Alert shows all recent recall products with photo and seller information (such as Woolworths and Kmart Australia) to help you identify potential health threat.
• Current Air quality provide hourly updated EPA air quality in Sydney and NSW. You can also select date and time to find out historical air quality information
• Emergency Preparation provides a lot of NSW safety information such as Fire safer place, Bushfire plan and Emergency Tool Kit. You can download these files and check them in the Downloads in Tools section.
• Switch Theme provide 2 themes.
• In the Setting section, you can customise your sync setting, Display & Presentation setting, Message store setting and Notifications setting.
• This app also provides Widgets function. 4X1 and 4X2 widgets are available for you to choose from.
• Finally, don't forget to like and rate me in the Google Play.
1. Try to use the widget function. You can choose which category you want to read.
2. Use search function to locate your regional alert
3. Change sync, message store, notification setting to fit your preference.
4. Warning! The app could consume up to 1GB data in one month. Change sync setting if necessary.
Whether you’re travelling or accompanying a loved one, all the information on T1 International and T2 Domestic is at your fingertips, where and when you need it.
At a glance:
• Live flight information for all departing and arriving flights;
• Subscribe to flight status updates pushed directly to your phone;
• Airport information (transportation, transfers, shops, services, places to eat and airports contacts) all at your fingertips;
• Find out where you have to go, with terminal maps.
Sydney, capital of New South Wales and one of Australia's largest cities, is best known for its harbourfront Opera House, with a distinctive sail-like design. Massive Darling Harbour and Circular Quay are hubs of waterside life, with the towering, arched Harbour Bridge and esteemed Royal Botanic Gardens nearby. Sydney Tower’s 268m glass viewing platform, the Skywalk, offers 360-degree views of the city, harbour and suburbs.
Area: 12,145 km²
Local time: Monday 10:02 PM
Weather: 17°C, Wind W at 26 km/h, 48% Humidity
Population: 4.576 million (2010)
100% Offline Map & Guide.
Discover new places, and browse full featured offline map on your device. Our OFFLINE Map is high resolution, and you can using this map without data roaming, WIFI Connection and hidden costs!
10 LANGUAGES supported:
english, german, french, russian, korean, portuguese, spanish, japanese, italian, chinese
- complete offline map with GPS geolocation (100% offline)
- List of categories to Find different things using google play serveice
- List of categories like airports,
- attractions list with description & photo (offline)
- Location show on map with respect to your current location
- multilingual city information about transport, food, history, airports and many others information like clima table or eat & events (offline)
- currency converter: euro, british pound, US dollar, chinese Youan, Japanese Yen, Korean Won, Rupee, Russian Ruble (offline)
- multilingual interface
- hotels deals (online module)
- Things to do & trips
- Pani Puri details..
Discover cities and places with our offline app. Our Offline Map & Guide provides you with an easy way to find anything.
Browse a full featured offline map on your device and find your way.
NOTE : All data on this app is coming from google Play API .
For more details contact us on email@example.com.
Packed with insider tips and in-the-know advice, this free Sydney city guide will help you avoid all the tourist traps so you can experience the city like a local.
GuidePal’s intelligent and inspiring mobile city guides are created by a unique collaboration between
city locals and leading travel journalist who handpick only the best their city has to offer.
Our travel guide provides an authentic experience all via the latest app technology, and will give
you insider information on the best attractions, sights, shops, restaurants, nightlife (bars and clubs)
It’s all about travelling like a local with GuidePal.
- Offline map of Sydney
- 100% offline – no roaming charges
- Augmented reality
- Sharing functions
- Travel itinerary
- Available for Android, iPhone, Blackberry and WP7 (Windows phone)
Up for more traveling in Australia or to other parts of the world? Check out one of GuidePal’s other 60+ city guides.
• Our famous Walking Tour of Chinatown, plus other relevant historical sites
• Background on the history of Chinatown and Chinese culture
• The various types of Chinese cuisine and where to find the best food around Chinatown
• The many things to see and do around Chinatown
• Essential services in and around Chinatown
• A little about the Haymarket Chamber of Commerce and our supporters
If you have any questions or comments, please let us know via the form in the app or in the reviews.
We made this application purely for the CityRail next train screen we see at CityRail stations (See Trains on the Main Menu). Its purpose has now changed to providing the next trains to a station information as quick as we can. A widget is coming.
This is a beta version, released for comments and testing. So time table data may not be 100% correct.
Please report all bugs to us, send an email too (it helps speed things along, Android bug tracking isn't particularly helpful all the time)
This is merely the start of this program (well in a usable form at least)
Lots more additions/enhancements will be added later
If you leave negative feedback, its always appreciated to leave helpful negative feedback, either give us an email or write it in the comment, what is wrong with the app. Please don't just say "I don't like it".
- Main screen showing a customisable list of next trains.
- Train screen showing train stops and following trains.
- Map of City Rail network.
- Offline stored view of the City Rail time table.
- Track work information (Requires online connectivity).
- Service status (Requires online connectivity).
- Widgets showing next train information.
For Sydney and every airport (2500+) you get:
+Live Arrival and Departure boards
+Food and restaurants
Sydney Kingsford-Smith Airport (SYD) is the largest airport in Australia. It is the hub for Qantas Airlines. This app provides complete information for Sydney Airport including parking, food and restaurants, arrival and departure boards, terminal maps, directions and more.
No other app provides as much information--useful information you need.
See restaurants, shops, transportation to and from airport and Wifi. Airport lets you know if your flights delayed or cancelled and gives you the tools needed to quickly find an alternate flight and rebook all in one place.
Check-in, flight status, baggage, seats, for your flight all at your fingertips.
In addition, you can access information on virtually every airport you fly to from Sydney. We include Melbourne, Brisbane, Auckland, Adelaide, Perth, Shanghai, Singapore, Manila, Jakarta and all the airports of the world.
With this app you can:
- Plan journey including search history
- All public transport modes included (trains, buses, ferries etc.)
- Set destination alarm
- View live traffic incidents
- See nearby departures
All this in a very intuitive manner. More features will be added later.
If you notice any bugs, please drop me a line and I will rectify them at the earliest.
If you like the app please rate it.