Once the app is installed and your map data is downloaded onto your Android device, unlike Google Maps you’ll have the freedom to explore using thousands of detailed POI’s (points of interest) including hotels, restaurants, tourist attractions, etc without worrying about expensive data plans while traveling. Kaart Data’s maps are updated on a regular basis to provide the user with the best offline maps in the industry, and updates are always free to you!
• Navigation from current position to destination
• 2D and 3D navigation views
• Thousands of searchable Points of Interest (many with phone/email/website/etc info!)
• Detailed geographic features including buildings, lakes, parks, golf, cemeteries, etc
• Fastest and shortest route calculation
• Distance to next turn
• Turn arrow for easier navigation
• Current speed
• Automatic route recalculation
• Custom location saving and searching
• Smooth panning and increased detail with pinch zoom
• Custom favorites / Point of Interest input and search
• POI search - Alphabetical & Distance search
• Ability to navigate to both points of interest and roads
• FREE UPDATES (development of app features is ongoing)
Support and feedback:
We are looking for feedback from users on how we can make the GPS Map better. If you encounter any issues, please send us a note at email@example.com and we'll help you sort it out.
* Our Anguilla GPS Map is free to download and try out as an example of what the other countries are like.
About Kaart Data:
We're passionate about travel and maps. Visit us at www.kaartdata.com to learn more about us.
You will be able to view any of the 24000 public monuments and memorials which have been recorded so far, and have the ability to add the story of a monument and provide photographs to help complete the recording of an element of Australia’s history.
If you are travelling this app will be useful in providing a historical perspective of the towns and cities in Australia.
- Discover the monuments and memorials in Australians towns and cities by searching for the locality you want, or finding those which are close to your current GPS location.
- Discover monuments and memorials for a locality in the historical themes of “Conflict”, “Culture”, “Disaster”, “Government”, “People” and “Technology”.
- We need your help to create the most comprehensive register of public monuments and memorials in Australia by registering with your email address which will allow you to contribute information and photographs about any monument that is currently listed.
- Help document Australia’s history by submitting new monuments and memorials for inclusion in the Monument Australia register.
- Be part of the Monument Australia community which is recording a part of our history, which will be used by communities, students, teachers and historians of the future.
Monument Australia is a privately funded volunteer organisation and is not connected with any Australian Commonwealth, State or Local Government Department or Agency. Downloading this app helps to ensure that Monument Australia can continue to provide the website service (www.monumentaustralia.org.au) and to develop the app.
Key reasons millions of travelers love this app:
Need we say more? Download the app now, there’s absolutely no risk, and we’re sure you’ll love it!
There is no need for a live data connection while using this app, as everything is stored on your phone, after you do an initial update. This means you won’t be charged for expensive data roaming, and the app is super fast to use. You can update user reviews periodically when you are on WiFi.
RESTAURANTS, ATTRACTIONS, HOTELS
All places that are listed on TripAdvisor.com in this city are included in the app.
THOUSANDS OF USER REVIEWS
TripAdvisor’s community of millions of worldwide travelers ensures that content is fresh, plentiful and honest. With over 50 million reviews and thousands more added daily, City Guides offer the best and most recent content.
TripAdvisor members and destination experts have handpicked the best itineraries in the city for you, enabling you to explore interesting neighborhoods, famous landmarks and hidden gems. Using the phone's GPS, you can follow along and read about the interesting sights along the route.
CREATE YOUR OWN TRIP JOURNAL
Want to remember the places you visit? It is now easy to do this with TripAdvisor City Guides. Simply Check In, take a photo and add a note for each location, and your journal and travel album will be created for you automatically. You can share it with friends and family on Facebook, or just use it to remember your trip. And, you can even Check In while you are offline and share later when you are online.
POWERFUL YET EASY TO USE
Searching for pizza around Times Square? Coffee near the Eiffel Tower? Or do you just want to find a highly recommended place near you? With this app you can easily search any way you want, and find exactly what’s best for you and your travel companions.
POINT ME THERE
Once you have selected a restaurant or attraction, this app will guide you there using the fun & useful “Point Me There” screen, which uses the phone’s GPS and Compass.
Written by TripAdvisor members and edited by professionals, City Facts articles provide helpful information for when you plan your trip, such as when to go, how to get around in the city, what neighborhoods to visit, etc.
This app leverages the GPS in the phone to show you the best restaurant, attractions etc nearby. The app also uses the compass to guide you to a place once you selected it
Note: If you are having issues with location detection please ensure you have Google Play Services installed.
Allows you to find the trains times for any Metro train service. Detects your location and displays the upcoming trains at your nearest station. Full features list below.
- Shows upcoming trains with platform numbers for your nearest or selected station
- Filter the display based on train line and direction
- Add stations to your favourites for quicker station selection and also quick views of when the train will arrive.
- Heaps of customizing settings available including 'Home Lines' which will automatically filter the display to those lines when the app starts up.
- Search for trains at any time of day and between up to 2 train lines at a time. Perform a long press on any result to set yourself a reminder.
- Click on the spinner button (on the right) any train from the main screen to set a reminder or inform other users of a train delay.
- Receive proximity notifications when you are near a station marked as your favourite. This will alert you about when you next train is and how long till it leaves.
You can now buy the premium edition of Train Trapper as an in-app purchase. The following features are included with the premium edition:
- No ads!
- The Train Trapper widget! You can now get your latest train time information right on your home screen.
The premium edition is given automatically to anyone who donated $3 or $5 through in-app purchases or the donate version which was taken off the market. If you purchased the donate version, you will need to re-install the Donate version of the app (unless you happen to still have it on your phone of course) to receive the free update.
If you enjoy using Train Trapper and want to get involved in making it even better, you can join the Beta program on Google Plus! Just search for the 'Train Trapper Beta' community on G+ or go to the Train Trapper website and follow the links.
App is always being updated with more features and enhancements to make getting around on Melbourne trains just that little bit less painful.
After you have downloaded the app from the app store, and opened the app for the first time the content will be automatically downloaded enabling you to use the app offline. Be sure you are connected to a Wi-Fi connection when you first open the app if you do not want to incur data charges from your carrier. Please also ensure that the Google Maps app is up to date on your device, and that you have accepted any Google Maps terms and conditions, as if it is not up to date this may cause issues while using the Melbourne Official Visitor Guide App.
The Melbourne Official Visitor Guide is the best way to explore Melbourne’s hidden gems; from laneway bars to world class events and festivals, everything you need to know is just a tap away.
With exclusive offers to Melbourne’s best attractions, travel, event and entertainment information useful tips and insights, this free App makes it easy to discover the very best of Melbourne, as you:
• Make your way easily through the city with interactive maps, public transport information and travel tips
• Maps integration, makes it easy to get through the city and plot your itineraries
• Store your favourites
• Tap into seasonal editorial and travel information
• Redeem exclusive offers and deals, with savings of over $100
• Keep up to date and plan ahead with a detailed events calendar, including listings from across Melbourne and Victoria
• Share your favourite event, locations and offers with friends via Facebook and Twitter
• Developed by people in the know get informed with fresh bar, dining, entertainment, event and accurate travel information
• Learn about Melbourne’s precincts, shopping, dining, laneways and attractions
• Enjoy inspiring images of Melbourne and surrounding regions
• Use the app as a pre-planning tool with the addition of Accommodation listings, so you can find where you want to stay before you arrive.
Offline mode is not available in this app. The app is online only and requires an internet connection. This means the app always provides you with the most up-to-date public transport information.
Following feedback from the iPhone app and demand, PTV have now created a dedicated Android app.
What you can do
• Simple access to Journey Planner with immediate results.
• New navigation system to quickly access features via a sliding menu.
• Easy to save, access and rename your favourite stations, stops and journeys.
• Fewer touches to complete key tasks like accessing your favourites or viewing your Next 5 services.
• More opportunities to personalise the app and set your own custom preferences.
• Disruptions provide a summary of the disruption and a click through to the website if you need more information. There are also links to the operator’s social media feeds.
• Transport network maps for metropolitan train and tram, V/Line and Nightrider.
• All bus and train information shown in the PTV app is scheduled timetable information.
• Tram information shown in minutes is from tramTRACKER®, those shown in times are scheduled (timetable) services.
• Re-tap menu option to return to default options.
• Context sensitive help screens on key features.
• Improvements to the quality of data, especially by making the app online only.
• Designed for the Ice Cream Sandwich operating system (version 4.0) or higher.
• App will not work on Honeycomb operating system (version 3.0) or lower.
Melbourne Guide 4T is a mobile app that helps you find nearby attractions, hotels, most popular restaurants, nightclubs, sights, museums, ATM, pharmacies.
This smart and intelligent mobile city guides are created to help plan your trip.
☆☆☆ Features of City Guide:
☆ Sights & Attractions list
- multilingual description with photo
- direction and route on map
☆ Weather forecast
☆ Offline Currency Converter
☆ Multilingual interface (english, chinese, spanish, german, japanese, korean, russian, french, portuguese)
☆ Place Finder with complete information about object (adress with map, users rating, route, website, phone number)
Restaurant / Bar / Night club / Lodging / Hotel / Museum / Pharmacy / ATM / Bank / Gas station
☆ City Trips added and recommended by users ☆
- Interactive map & route with POI
- Trip photos
- Description, distance
☆ Event manager with with full information about the event
☆ Interactive map of the city
☆☆☆ What people are saying about our guides:
- Yriy: "Thing Excellent idea!"
- Zeynepalp: "Very nice Istalbul guide"
- Kaka: "Jakarta city guide Great !!!!"
- Frank: "Bueno Me gustó esta app tiene futuro si recibe actualizaciones constantes" (Well I liked this app has a future if it receives constant updates)
- Luis: "Buena Me gusta la interfaz, es fluido y encuentras de todo." (Good I like the interface, is fluid and find everything.)
- Victor: "Muito bom, informa o tempo a visibilidade humidade, eventos q vao acontecer no Rj bem atualizado. Perfeito" (Very good, tells time visibility humidity, events happen in vain Rio de Janeiro. Perfect)
Melbourne /ˈmɛlbərn/ is the capital and most populous city in the state of Victoria, and the second most populous city in Australia. The Melbourne City Centre is the hub of the greater metropolitan area and the Census statistical division—of which "Melbourne" is the common name. As of June 2011, the greater geographical area had a population of 4.1 million. Inhabitants of Melbourne are called Melburnians. The metropolis is located on the large natural bay known as Port Phillip, with the city centre positioned on the estuary of the Yarra River (at the northernmost point of the bay). The metropolitan area then extends south from the city centre, along the eastern and western shorelines of Port Phillip, and expands into the hinterland. The city centre is situated in the municipality known as the City of Melbourne. The metropolitan area consists of a further 30 municipalities.
Walking tours included in this application are:
* Melbourne Museums (6 sights)
* Melbourne Art Galleries (6 sights)
* City Orientation Tour (10 sights)
* Melbourne Landmarks (8 sights)
* Shopping in Melbourne (6 sights)
* Nightlife in Melbourne (6 sights)
* Cultural Tour of Melbourne (8 sights)
* Melbourne for the Kids (6 sights)
* St. Kilda District (6 sights)
All the data used in this app is built into the software, so you can follow the walking tours or use the city map without internet access or cellular data plan. No need to pay the costly roaming charges when traveling to foreign cities. The app is optimized for Android phone and tablet.
The powerful navigation assistance includes:
* Touring routes clearly displayed on map.
* Precise turn-by-turn walking directions from one sight to the next.
* `FindMe` displays your exact location and Auto Tracking displays your movement on the map (this feature is not supported on device without built-in GPS function).
* Built-in compass to show you the direction.
* A detailed city map which can be used independently for your other traveling needs.
Please visit our website at www.GPSmyCity.com to find city walks for over 470 cities worldwide.
You can use the GPS-activated voice tours for free as long as your phone is online, but that means you will have to pay roaming charges. If you pay to download the tours, you can use them offline, and save on the cost of roaming. We charge a small fee for downloading the offline features because we need to reimburse the tour guides and cover our development costs. Other features you can get for free include a map that works offline and free use of the 3D tour.
• TOURS OFFERED BY LOCAL EXPERTS - Browse more than 400 tours guided by people who make sure you see the most exciting places.
• AUDIO GUIDED TOURS - It will guide you with clear audio cues and once you approach a sight it automatically starts to tell you about it
• SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCES - During your tour you can take photos and add comments; from this PocketGuide automatically creates a 3D video which you can easily share with your friends
• FIND GREAT PLACES - If you are tired, let our guides recommend you the best nearby restaurants and cafés
• AVAILABLE OFFLINE - Once you download a city, the whole content works in offline mode so you don’t have to pay roaming charges
• OFFLINE MAP - Get a free offline map and navigate in the city easily while avoiding roaming charges.
Enjoyed the tours? Keep on traveling? Download PocketGuide's other versions available in other cities.
If you're in Melbourne, Australia you can find out when your tram is coming - via your Android smart phone. With tramTRACKER® for Android from Yarra Trams you can check real-time tram arrival information for any tram stop in Melbourne.
tramTRACKER® uses the latest real-time technology to let you know when your tram is due to arrive at your stop, so you know when to be there. If there's a major delay or disruption you'll find out about that as well.
• Real-time information display includes tram profiles so you know what type of tram is approaching.
• Next three arrival time information for each service at tram stops. Times refresh automatically.
• Locate your nearest tram stop
• Drop-down message alerts for service disruptions and changes.
• "myTRAM" - showing where your tram currently is and predicting the arrival time at your destination stop.
• Browse for stops using route maps, search or use GPS to find your stop.
• Customise your favourite stops by route and name (e.g. work, home)
• Choose your preferred view method - map or list
• Find a tram stop with shelter when it's raining
• See nearby train, tram and bus connecting services.
• Discover major attractions and points of interest.
• Colour coded tram route maps
• Find your nearest ticket outlet or view ticket outlets along tram routes
• Search for stops, ticket outlets, and points of interest.
• Online help - to guide your first steps
of Australia has something to enjoy for everyone. Hang out on buzzing
Fed. Square, visit galleries or the zoo.
Features of Triposo’s Droidguide:
* Complete background information
* A detailed sights section
* Mini guides for daytrip destinations.
* An offline map
- Journey planner for planning your journey. The journey planner shows you the time to depart and travel time along with the modes of transport needed to complete the journey. If the journey requires walking, the app has the instructions and the walking path plotted on a map. Just select the origin and the destination and let the journey planner do the rest.
- Timetables for
* Melbourne metro trains
- Destination alarm - for the times when you want don't want to miss your stop and need a reminder.
- Departures nearby
- Myki outlets
- Metro trains service status
- Fare calculator
Follow @tram_hunter on Twitter for updates.
If you're having problems or experiencing 'force closed' errors, please file an issue on the Github project page, or email me.
Search easily and quickly in a promo from around the world with just one search.
Search for hotels near your location, at any time.
Description information, maps, pictures, and guest reviews.
The setting is easy and can filter search results by price, popularity, location and distance.
See room rates in the currency of your choice.
100% ad free.
No need to register an account. Just download and start the search.
The screen is clear and easy to use.
High definition graphics.
Option to order by phone (for a particular hotel).
Hotel prices and availability on all the major tourist sites in more than 40 languages
You can even turn on your GPS and get directions to your nearest club. Want to save your location and remember where you went last night ; this app will do that for you.
Various other features include
Supports Local Storage for App Setting and User Location
Gets your current location
- Find cafes near you (or anywhere in the world) and read reviews
- Write reviews, add cafes and photos directly from your Android smartphone
- Save your favourite cafes for quick access on your phone or online
The app combines detailed animal descriptions with stunning imagery and sounds to provide a valuable reference that can be used in urban, bush and coastal environments. It holds descriptions of nearly 600 species, from animals found in tropical rivers and reefs, the outback desert, and your backyard; covering colourful birds, iconic fish and mammals, crocodiles and dangerous snakes, through to tiny termites. We’ve put in a lot of species, but it’s still a fraction of the complete fauna of the Northern Territory. Our scientists will continue to add additional species and refine descriptions over time.
If you have trouble either downloading the app or with the app crashing, please refer to our app support page.(http://museumvictoria.com.au/discoverycentre/museum-victoria-apps/mv-field-guide-to-victoria-app/support/)
The app holds descriptions of over 950 species encompassing birds, fishes, frogs, lizards, snakes, mammals, freshwater, terrestrial and marine invertebrates, spiders, and insects including butterflies. From animals found in rockpools, minibeasts in your garden, to wildlife you might see in the bush. We’ve put in a lot of species, but it’s still a fraction of the complete fauna of Victoria. Our scientists will continue to add additional species and refine descriptions over time.
This app is one of a suite of field guides for each state and territory, developed by Australia’s leading natural history museums.
If you have trouble either downloading the app or with the app crashing, please refer to our app support page (http://museumvictoria.com.au/discoverycentre/museum-victoria-apps/mv-field-guide-to-victoria-app/support/)
The state of Victoria in southern Australia is home to a rich diversity of marine habitats and a dazzling array of marine life, many species of which occur in no other region of the world. Since 2002, a system of Marine National Parks and Sanctuaries across the state protect these marine creatures and their habitats.
A jewel amongst these parks is Bunurong Marine National Park, a park of more than 2,000 hectares extending along six kilometres of coastline. This park includes wide intertidal rock platforms (popular for rock pooling) and extensive underwater rocky reefs, seaweed beds and seagrass meadows (excellent for diving and snorkeling).
Parks Victoria is responsible for the day-to-day management of these areas and has developed this app in collaboration with Museum Victoria to connect people and communities to the diverse wildlife and activities on offer in Bunurong Marine National Park.
The app features over 400 species, including mammals, birds, fishes, reptiles, frogs and invertebrates.
Each species profile contains a detailed description, beautiful photographs, a distribution map and the animal's endangered status. You can even listen to the calls of frogs, birds, possums, koalas, and many other animals.
The app can be used anywhere, from your backyard or school, to your favourite national park or wetland.
We've put in a lot of species, but it's still only a fraction of the complete fauna of the ACT. Our scientists will continue to add species over time.
This app was produced by Museum Victoria with content provided by Australia’s leading natural history museums. It is one of a suite of eight Field Guide apps produced by museums for every state and territory in Australia.
If you have trouble either downloading the app or with the app crashing, please refer to our app support page.(http://museumvictoria.com.au/discoverycentre/museum-victoria-apps/mv-field-guide-to-victoria-app/support/)
For enquiries about this app, or any of the Field Guide to Australian fauna apps, please contact the Museum Victoria Discovery Centre using the "Email Developer" link below.
The app gives you access to the personal stories of eight people who lived during World War I. Choose a person to follow; their war experiences unfold on the Storyteller as you move through the exhibition. You can download the app to your own device before your visit, or borrow one from the ticketing desk when you arrive.
How it works
The app is designed to be used in the museum. What you see on the Storyteller depends on your location in WWI: Love & Sorrow. The timeline won’t progress until you’re in the right location, but you can go back if you want to look at something again.
You can choose another story to follow by touching backwards on your timeline, or starting from the beginning once you’ve completed a story.
Time Lens Episode 1: Treasures and Gems invites families to solve puzzles and riddles to find fascinating fossils, amazing inventions and even talking toilets.
When found, each of the 15 objects comes to life on your screen and tells you its own story.
Travel back to 19th century Melbourne and discover what made it so marvellous. Meet Phar Lap, the famous race horse, the week before his big win in the Agua Caliente Handicap. Learn what terrifies the elusive Giant Squid. Bump into a Cockney fox on holiday with his family in Australia.