Three state entities have come together to provide you with a fun and educational companion that allows you to follow your route on the Shom maps, to be accompanied in reading maritime signs, to know the regulations and to discover marine biodiversity. .
2 Navéco usage modes are available: Navigation and Discovery.
1/ In navigation mode, selected by default, you can choose to display different elements on the nautical chart: landmarks, fixed beacons, floating beacons, regulations and seagrass areas. (Note: official nautical documents are the only guarantee of your safety).
You can also save your browsing track. You will find it in your navigation log. You are informed of your entry into a marine protected area as well as areas subject to special environmental regulations.
2/ In discovery mode, you can discover the marine environment through points of interest. They give you access to many photos and information on biodiversity. You can display different elements on your map: marine protected area sectors, environmental regulations, aerial fauna, underwater fauna, sea beds and best practices.
- Download a pre-defined nautical chart plan to your next sailing area for offline viewing.
- Navigation log with creation of a user profile and history of navigation traces.
- Help with reading maritime signaling beacons, and finding your bearings when approaching the coast,
- Real-time notifications to know the environmental regulations.
- Access to tide information.
- Seagrass areas and information on marine biodiversity.
Nav&Co was born out of a collaboration between the Hydrographic and Oceanographic Service of the Navy (Shom), the French Office for Biodiversity (OFB) and the Directorate General for Maritime Affairs, Fisheries and Aquaculture (DGAMPA). These three public entities concerned about your safety, the state of health of our oceans and the sustainability of the yachting activity, have combined their skills to support sailors towards a better knowledge of the environments that surround them.
Nav&Co (Naveco) was developed by bookBeo.