This free app provides navigation and information to cyclists traveling within Shiga Prefecture, and especially to those who are interested in BIWAICHI - a popular cruise along Lake Biwa (approximately 200 km around).
This application provides information on tourist sites, restaurants and accommodations where you can experience the nature, history and culture of Shiga Prefecture, as well as functions such as route guidance.
In particular, the app offers a full range of bike navigation features, so beginners and cyclists alike can enjoy.
■About the Features
This application provides information on tourist facilities and sightseeing guide articles in Shiga Prefecture.
- Overview of the seven areas within Shiga Prefecture
- Articles introducing tourist spots within each area
The app navigates you from your preferred point of departure to your destination.
Search covers public transport (trains, buses, and ferries).
When searching for a route, please select a spot in Shiga Prefecture as your starting and ending point.
[Nearby Spot Map]
Search for restaurants, convenience stores, free Wi-Fi spots, tourism information, “BIWAICHI Cycle Support Stations” and other spots nearby.
- Optimal route planning for bicycles
- Select up to ten spots and make & save your own route
[Pre-Set Cycling Courses]
- BIWAICHI (cycling along Lake Biwa)
- Eight cycling courses (12.2km to 71.9km)
- You can record and view your route, distance traveled, calories burned, and the amount of CO2 emissions reduced if driving the same route. You can also combine the route information you have traveled with your own photo and save it as an image. Of course, you can share these on SNS.
*The Cycling Log is only available within Shiga Prefecture.
[Bicycle useful information]
- Bicycle rental
- Bicycle rental shop
- Bicycle insurance
This app is compatible with cameras installed along the lakeside area of Lake Biwa to automatically take photos.