ringtone maker: create free ringtone/alarm/notification from mp3 or aac file
audio conversion: wav to mp3 conversion, wma to mp3, m4a to mp3, mp3/wav/wma/m4a to aac conversion
audio extraction: extract mp3 from mp4 video
Android Audio Editor is a multi-functional tool for manage and edit your audio files. The three main functions are audio extraction, audio conversion and audio editor.
The audio editor allows you convert mp3 files to ringtone. It gives you access to the free ringtone world. The interface is intuitive and easy to use. You can select part of the mp3 file to save as mp3 ringtone.
The audio conversion allows you to convert wav/wma/m4a and other audio formats to mp3 or aac files. You can set the audio bitrate and sample rate, and convert only part of the original file. If you want us to support more formats, feel free to email us.
The audio extraction function allows you to extract mp3 from mp4 or other video formats.
In addition, you can also do audio recording, move media files from one folder to another, delete files, share files etc in single or batch mode.
android.permission.INTERNET : for ads display if pro key is not installed
android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: for deciding if we can send out feedback
android.permission.ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION: for ads display
android.permission.ACCESS_WIFI_STATE: for ads display
android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: for store converted and edited files
android.permission.WAKE_LOCK: for conversion in background
android.permission.READ_LOGS: for collecting logs in case a conversion fails. Users will be asked if logs should be sent back every time.
android.permission.READ_CONTACTS: for assign ringtone to contacts
android.permission.WRITE_CONTACTS: for assign ringtone to contacts
android.permission.WRITE_SETTINGS: for assign ringtone to contacts
- zoom and scratch
- select, export, edit, undo
- copy, cut, paste
- fade in/out, reverse, normalize
- looped playback
- time markers
- variable speed
- record when locked
- input gain and auto-gain
- compact home screen widget
- bluetooth support
- powerful file manager with folders
- send by mail, dropbox, etc..
- use front or back mic (if available)
- set engine samplerate, latency, ..
- rec/play/convert WAV, AIFF, FLAC
Warning: this lite version is limited to 3 minutes playback/recording per file. Please purchase the full version to remove this limitation.
The full version also supports OGG Vorbis natively, and MP3 by installing an additional codec.
A user manual is available in menu/Help.
Please visit the website for the FAQ, ChangeLog, video and more.
(*) The following in-app purchases are available to enable the following features:
• USB audio interface support (you can also purchase USB Audio Recorder PRO). Please see our compatibility list here http://www.extreamsd.com/USBAudioRecorderPRO and for more information here: http://www.audio-evolution.com/manual/doku.php?id=usbaudiosupport
• MIDI/virtual instrument support (enables MIDI sequencing, USB MIDI and virtual instruments)
• FX pack 1 (distortion, overdrive, speaker sim, wah wah, phaser)
• FX pack 2 (10-, 15-, 30-band graphic EQ)
• ToneBoosters pack 1 (Barricade, DeEsser, Gate, Reverb)
• ToneBoosters EQ with frequency analyzer
• Autotune with two-voice harmonizer
• Multitrack audio recording/playback
• MIDI sequencing (in-app purchase required)
• Non-linear non-destructive editing with move, trim, split, cut/copy/paste, remove, cross-fade and range editing
• Virtual instruments based on SoundFonts (in-app purchase required)
• Loop playback
• Automation of all mixer and effect parameters
• Latency correction
• Import of WAV, MP3, AIFF, FLAC, Ogg/Vorbis audio files (m4a and others when running Android 4.1 or higher)
• Mastering to stereo WAV, AIFF, FLAC or OGG file
• Software monitoring for USB audio devices and some Android devices that have low enough latency
• Sample rate conversion
• Zoom down to the sample
• Each track has controls for volume, panning, mute, solo, arm, 3-band EQ with mid-sweep, 3 insert effects, 2 effect sends and output bus selection
• Unlimited number of tracks (*)
• Unlimited number of groups (*)
• Real-time effects including: chorus, compressor, delay, dual delay, reverse delay, reverb, flanger, noise gate and many more!
• Offline effects: fade in/out, normalize, reverse, pitch shift, time stretching
• Unlimited undo/redo for editing facilities
• Several grid options for aligning your samples (with tempo and time signature settings)
• Repeat samples with several options to create loops
• Add markers and quickly jump to them
• Projects are interchangeable with our desktop DAW Audio Evolution 5
• Export to other DAW's by rendering all tracks to separate audio files (stems)
• In short: a complete portable recording studio!
(*) Depending on your hardware's capabilities
• 800x480 screen size or higher
• Android 2.3.3 or higher
Note: this app can only run in landscape. Trying to run it with apps like Ultimate Rotation Control can result in crashes.
If you have any suggestions, questions or want to report a bug, please contact us! Instead of a negative review, please have the decency to contact us so we can actually solve your problem!
Loop packs, see for example:
Online manual: http://www.audio-evolution.com/manual/doku.php?id=start
To prevent your device's mic from picking up what the speaker is playing back, we recommend using either:
* a USB audio interface or
* an iRig MIC Cast: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/irigmiccast. The iRig is of better quality and playback is done through its headphone output. Note that hardware monitoring is not possible and you won't hear what you are recording through the headphone.
It allows to Record, Edit and Share sounds, voices, notes, musics or any other audio.
- The Lite version has all the features of the pro version, but ogg and mp3 recording are paused every 3 minutes (no limit for wav), just press the pause button to continue. Try it before buying the pro version.
- If you have problems, please look at the FAQ page https://www.facebook.com/RecForge/app_160430850678443
RecForge can be used to :
- record (in mp3/ogg/wav) meetings, rehersals, music learning, EVP, ...
- share your recording on Google Drive, Skydrive, DropBox, Box, ...
- convert your recordings in diferent audio format
- edit audio files
- replace your Dictaphone
Main functions :
- Real-time record in mp3, ogg and wav
- Play, record, pause/resume, loop, convert audio files
- Edit your recording to keep only interesting parts
- Share your recordings
+ on social network,
+ by mail,
+ Ubuntu One,
+ Google Drive,
+ or others sharing apps.
- Disable AGC (Automatic Gain Control) for better sound quality (android > 2.1)
- Manual gain adjustment
- Use external microphone (3.5 jack - need an adapter. cf FAQ)
- Change Play back rate
- File format supported :
+ 8, 11, 12, 16, 22, 24, 32, 44 and 48kHz
+ wav, mp3 (up to 128kbps) and ogg (up to 250 kbpls)
- Convert your files in different format (wav, ogg & mp3)
- Record in background even when the phone is locked
- File manager with folders (rename, delete, copy, ...)
- Find and Play recordings by date, name and size
- Different widgets size (one click to record)
- Disable notifications to discreetly record
- Application movable to SD Card
- Language translations :
+ Simplified & Traditional Chinese,
Please take some few seconds to rate RecForge on the market. You can send me mail with feedback too. It is very important for me to improve RecForge.
If you have a question ask by mail or on Facebook. (I can't answer in comments).
* Manual recording (on button push)
* Automatic noise activated recording
* Automatic Gain Control (AGC) fine adjustment and recording threshold levels
* Export to WAVe and MP3 / Share Tracks
* Auto consolidate multiple tracks
It supports below effects:
Filter: Man, Woman, Baby, Elder, User and Default
Echo: Room, Bathroom, Theater, Village, User and Default
Flanger: Robot, Electronic, Louder, Airspace, User and Default
Reverb: KTV, Recording, Cinema, Concert, User and Default
Increase or decrease the volume of the song itself
Quick ring setting, allowing you to enjoy every moment not exclusive own ringtone works
Different experience of creating your own ringtones, have fun!
You have 1 collection of the music, most exclusive, and the latest one you are looking for software
music can cut it to set as ringtones, alarms, notifications musical style its own?
You do not need to search no further, Mp3 Editor our first meet properly perfect for your requirements.
Mp3 Editor (or Mp3 cutter, Music editor, Mp3 Editting, Ringtones Maker) is completely
Free audio editing multi-functions. Intuitive software interface, easy to use, consistent
for both the professional user either knows to start editing sound
The features of the software:
+ Free all
+ How to use simple: You just need to pull rollers to determine the start position and end.
+ Intuitive interface helps users find it easier to use software
+ Set as ringtone, alarm music, informed music right on software
+ Automatic read music
+ Intelligent music search
+ And many other special functions
Sampler features :
► Import most audio file formats including MP3, Vorbis, FLAC, WAV, even audio tracks from videos
► Record audio from the internal microphone
► Add effects such as pitch change, low pass filter, wah-wah, etc ...
► Convenient zooming and editing features
► Save as sample
► Unlimited number of tracks
► Individual mute/solo/volume control for each track
► Expand and repeat samples
► Add effects and filters independently to each voice
► Master song as WAV in CD quality (44.1kHz, 16bits, stereo)
► Save/load project
► Zooming, panning, full multitouch support
Effect editor features :
► Create your own audio filter effects
► Start from a preset library of effects that you can modify
► Use your effects anywhere in the application
※ For optimal use it is recommended to use this application with tablets or phones with a 4.7inch or larger screen.
You can find musics easily in your folders.
It's good for audio book listeners and language learners.
Now, you only download songs from your computer with folders.
-shows folders list that has songs / Folder Player
-shows audio files / Music Player
-select a song and than play all songs in the same folder
-file name based sorting
-turning album image.. it's beautiful! CD Player
-support App Widget
You can cut ringtone, alarm and notification audio, save it to your device with Ringtone Slicer app. Just select piece of your favourite song in ringtone editor and it will create mp3 ringtone for you! Users of Ringdroid app should recognize this make-mp3-ringtones-scheme. :)
Please, notice that this is beta version of ringtone maker and it may contain some bugs related to files opening or ringtone editing. If you found some errors while cutting ringtone, facing some problems or just want to say "thanks" — please, feel free to email me.
Also you can always email me if you want to contribute translatings for your native language. I would appreciate it.
— Inbuilt file explorer. Pick audio file, you want to cut, right from folder on your phone!
— Theming, which allows you to choose the best color apperance for audio editing your mp3 or wav music files.
— Buttery smooth scrolling on 4.0+ devices comparing with Ringtone Maker, Ringtone Editor or Ringdroid — this app works like a charm. Navigate your mp3s with pleasure!
— Holo style. Feel pure Google Android's power in ringtone maker app!
— Formats support for cutting and trimming: MP3, WAV, AAC and AMR.
— Zooming for the most accurate ringtone editor. Just use pinch-to-zoom!
— Playback from any position in audio file. Tap at the point you want to start playback and listen how your created ringtone will sound.
— Looping for pro ringtone making. Listen and tune your created ringtone to sound like a ringtone pro. For example, popular ringtone editor app Ringdroid haven't this feature.
— Saved ringtone will show up in the standart Android audio settings for picking.
— Intuitive ringtone maker interface with orientation support and gestures like pinch-to-zoom and flinging.
— App is and *always* will be free mp3 ringtone maker to use! Ringtone editing should be free!
Audio FX like Fade In/Out, Volume Adjust, Compression, EQ, Delaying and others, that are unavailable in other apps, will be available in this app in release version of this ringtone mp3 cutter app.
RecForge Pro owners : As long as a legit RecForge Pro version is installed on your device, you shouldn't have the 3 minutes limitation.
RecForge II is a powerfull dictaphone (audio recorder & editor) for Android.
It allows to Record, Play, Edit and Share sounds, voices, notes, musics or any other audio media.
- Record meetings, rehersals, music learning, EVP, studio recording, ...
- Play and use the loop feature for memorization, actor lines, bible memory, recitations, ...
- Time stretching with playing rate and pitch adjustment (to practice an instrument or transcribe lectures, ...)
- Schedule recordings
- Skip silence (with threshold)
- Edit your audio files for ringtones, commentary, ...
- Tag your recordings and edit metadata
- Archive it using cloud storage services or share it with your friends by mail, social networks, soundcloud ...
Main features :
- Real-time recorder in mp3, ogg, wma, opus, flac and wav
- Play, record, pause / resume, loop, convert, edit, concat, merge audio files, time strecth, adjust pitch tone, and playing rate ...
- Visualize audio signal (the only recorder on the Play store to display the right and left channels for stereo files)
- Edit your recording to keep only interesting parts or make basic arrangement
- Share your recordings
- Convert your files "from" and "to" all available audio format (mp3, ogg, wma, opus, flac and wav) with all desired settings (sample rate, bite rate, mono/stereo, ...)
- Choose your input (front microphone or back microphone)
- Use external microphone (3.5 jack : works with iRig Mic, iRig Cast, iRig Pre or RØDE smartLav+ microphones or requires a TRRS adapter. cf FAQ)
- Record in background even when the phone is locked
- Hide notifications to discretly record
- Powerfull file manager (rename, delete, copy, move, sort files...)
- Different widgets size (one click to record)
- Control RecForge from the notification bar
Supported audio format :
- 8, 11, 12, 16, 22, 24, 32, 44 and 48kHz
- mp3, ogg, wma, opus, flac and wav
- from 32 to 320 kbps
- mono / stereo (mono x2) / "true stereo" (cf supported devices)
- Disable AGC (Automatic Gain Control) for better audio quality
- Manual gain adjustment
Language translations :
- Simplified Chinese,
- Traditional Chinese,
This application is related to these features : recorder, dictaphone, dictation, audio, voice, sound, speech, memo, rehearsal, tape, recording, pitch, tone, tempo, volume, stretch, time stretching, agc, trs, trrs, stereo, loop, editor, ringtones, external microphone, pause, resume, record, preview, gain, music, studio, concat, merge, convert, schedule, metadata, split, tag, RODE, smartlav, iRig.
You can compare to similar apps as voice pro, tapemachine, tape recorder, soundcloud, iRig recorder, smart voice recorder, easy voice recorder, tape-a-talk, sound recorder, virtual recorder, hi-q mp3 voice recorder, al voice recorder, all that recorder, androrec, hificorder, MP3 cutter and ringtone maker, Audio cutter, Ringtone maker, audacity.
We are happy to welcome back the always informative and entertaining trainer Joe Albano for another installment in the Audio Concepts series. In this course, Joe starts off explaining a bit of the history of audio editing. This is important because much of the terminology and techniques are derived from their analog predecessors. But once that's all covered, things turn digital in a giga-hurry!
Joe tosses out that rusty old razor blade and editing block and zooms right into the present with advanced digital techniques that you need to know to "advance" your audio education. And it doesn't matter what DAW you prefer, as this course is applicable to all audio software applications.
You learn Beat Mapping, Time and Pitch transformations, Time-Shifting techniques and Pitch Editing. From there Joe explores the dark art of Sound Replacement before finishing up with some really amazing tutorials on Audio Repair and Forensics.
So join Joe Albano in this Advance Audio Editing course and learn from his vast professional experience. There is absolutely no better audio education on the planet than the one you'll get right here... and in every course in our Audio Concepts series!
Table of Contents:
1. Advanced Digital Audio Editing (05:32)
2. The Evolution of Audio Editing (05:07)
3. MIDI-Style Editing for Digital Audio (07:58)
4. Introduction to Beat Mapping (03:48)
5. Pro Tools Beat Mapping Basics (05:10)
6. Mapping Rubato Recordings (04:09)
7. Logic Beat Mapping: "Adjust Tempo" Method (03:50)
8. Beat Mapping Track & Tap Tempo (07:12)
9. Introduction to Time & Pitch Editing (04:51)
10. Common Features (06:57)
11. Pro Tools' Elastic Audio Basics (05:55)
12. Elastic Audio in Use (07:59)
13. Warp Editing (04:51)
14. Logic's Flex TIme: Algorithms (07:08)
15. Flex Edit in Use (05:04)
16. Introduction to Pitch Editing (05:39)
17. Auto-Tune & Pro Tools' Elastic Pitch (06:32)
18. Pitch Editing Basics & Logic's Flex Pitch (06:19)
19. Creative Applications: Making Harmonies (04:00)
20. Melodyne DNA: Polyphonic Pitch Shifting (06:42)
21. Introduction to Sound Replacement (02:14)
22. Audio-to-MIDI Applications (04:43)
23. Drum Replacement: Drumagog (05:56)
24. Introduction to Audio Repair (03:09)
25. Repairing Distorted Audio with Declip (03:50)
26. Removing Excess Ambience with Dereverb (03:58)
27. Spectral Repair & Deconstruction (04:49)
28. Future Tech & Wrap-up (01:55)
You can easily change your voice, preview the sound and save it to files.
1. record high quality audio file in wave/pcm/wav format, and aac/m4a format. More formats are being added.
2. trim audio recordings
3. convert recorded audio file to pcm/wav format, aac/m4a format support are being added.
4. add echo to your voice
5. adjust pitch/pace/speed/sample of your recording
6. merge multiple wav/aac recordings to one
7. mix two audio recordings, or mix a recording with a preset background music
8. boost or reduce audio volume
9. share your recording
/** If you like advanced audio recorder, please rate and like us. We’ll add the following features in future **/
1. noise filtering to improve recording quality
HD Audio Recorder Pro is a high quality voice recording app, store your recordings as voice memos and share them with your colleagues/friends, this application uses optimal voice recording settings to give you the best possible HD recording experience right out of the box.
1. HD Audio recording using AAC Audio encoding or 16 Bit PCM Encoding.
2. Simple UI, instant start, plain ICS theme for Android 3.0+ devices.
3. All the required functionality is in one screen and within the user's click.
4. Supported operations in Pro Version 1.0
a. Send/Share your recording.
b. Rename your recording.
c. Delete your recording right from the app.
d. Save the recording file as your phone's ringtone.
e. Help on how to get acquainted with all the features
5. A timer to monitor your recording time.
6. Click on the item in the list to play the file and long click to perform operations.
7. Record in either PCM or AAC formats.
8. Delete/Share multiple files at the same time
9. Fluid animation on the recording items.
10. Stealth recording mode by either switching off the screen or pressing the home button.
HQ Audio recorder v1.2.2,
Fixes recording bug
ActionBar implementation throughout the app
contextual ActionBar for selection of items in multiple selection activity.
WavePad Free works within audio waveforms to make selections for quick editing, such as inserting sound from other files, or apply sound effects like the high pass filter to clarify audio quality.
This free sound editor is Ideal for journalists and other professionals who need to recordings on the go. WavePad Free makes it easy to edit, store, or send recordings so they are readily available wherever they are needed.
• Supports a number of file formats including wave and aiff
• Editing capabilities include cut, copy, paste, insert, trim and more
• Effects include amplify, normalize, echo and more
• Edit multiple audio file formats
• Supports auto-trim editing and voice activated recording
VideoPad Video Editor is a great movie maker perfect for Android devices. VideoPad Editor Free is designed to be intuitive so anyone can use the app. This movie maker is perfect for editing short video messages to share with friends!
With VideoPad Video Editor Free for Android maker you can add visual effects, transitions, and more to your movie! This movie maker makes editing on your phone or tablet fun with an easy to manage user interface!
VideoPad is a great movie editor that you will enjoy using on your android device. VideoPad movie maker is great for editing videos to host on sites such as YouTube.
With MixPad Free, you can access all of the power of a professional recording and mixing equipment in your Android powered device! Create your own music with this easy to use mixer studio.
MixPad Music Mixer supports the most popular audio formats, and supports sample rates from 6 kHz to 96kHz. This mixing studio also features audio and recording effects such as EQ, compression, reverb, and more.
After you are done mixing with MixPad Free, save the recording or music to your device for future use or to share with friends. Several uses for MixPad Free Music Mixer include making a podcast, mixing instrumentals, and more! MixPad is also perfect as an on-the-go recording studio. This studio mixer app is perfect for anyone who enjoys creating their own music and mash-ups.
PhotoPad Free Photo Editing for Android is perfect for professionals or someone just wanting to edit personal photos. Editing with this app can help improve the quality on your favorite photo, picture, or other image. Easily upload your picture after editing to Facebook or Flickr.
PhotoPad Free Image Editor. Do you have an old photo you want to update or improve? Use the included tools to reduce red-eye and blemishes in your picture. PhotoPad Free Photo and Image editing app is the easiest editor available for Android.
Metronomes are essential for keeping time, improving practice sessions, and for developing a consistent rhythmic feel. With TempoPerfect musicians can accurately set the correct beats per minute (BPM) for any simple or compound tempo. Additional features allow you to subdivide beat patterns to hear tricky patterns like triplets, or accent the first beat in a measure when working in difficult time signatures.
TempoPerfect also includes a tempo guide chart to quickly translate Italian tempo markings, so not only will you practice at the correct BPM, but you'll finally learn the difference between largo, andante, allegro and prestissimo.
Zulu Free provides users with an easy to use interface that makes mixing your music simple and fun! This mixer also allows users to apply sound effects to your music on the fly. With Zulu DJ Mixer, your music will always stay on beat with automatic beat detection. Simply add your music into the app and preview the file before adding sound effects.
Zulu DJ Software Free for Android makes mixing your music into a fun hobby. The included sound effects in this mixer makes this app perfect for an on-the-go mixer. Zulu is also ideal for mixing your own recorded sound and music into a personal audio file.
Zulu DJ Mixer Free features:
* Easily cross-fade between tracks
* Apply sound effects including distortion and reverb
* Record sound and audio files directly to your device
* Easy to use mixing interface
RecordPad Free Sound Recording App is designed to be simple and easy to use. This recording app is perfect for students, teachers, and business professionals. Use RecordPad Free audio recorder to create notes, record speeches, and other sounds that need recording.
Sound recording has never been easier with the RecordPad Free App. This sound recorder will make remembering important facts and notes simple. Use the RecordPad app to create the best personal audio messages that will stay with you while you travel. This mp3 and wav recorder will change the way you take notes and save messages.
VideoPad Video Editor is a great movie maker perfect for Android devices. VideoPad Master’s Edition is designed to be intuitive so anyone can use the app. This movie maker is perfect for editing short video messages to share with friends!
Use ToneGen Tone Generator calibrate and test audio and sound equipment or speakers. ToneGen Free also includes a white noise generator. Create a unique signal by simultaneously generating up to 16 tones at once. Save a tone or audio signal for later use. Create harmonics by creating multiple sound and audio frequencies.
ToneGen Tone Generator is perfect for demonstrating sound, signal, and audio principles to students. This tone and signal app is perfect for anyone wanting assistance with sound management.
PhotoStage Free Slideshow Creator App for Android features:
- Easy to use
- Effects include zoom, crop, fade, and more!
- Touch up or enhance your photos
- Easy to share via web or mobile device
With PhotoStage Free Slideshow Creator for Android, you can easily combine pictures, videos, music, and narration into a fantastic slideshow creation.
This pocket version of Express Dictate is designed to have all the features you need for easy and reliable dictation on the go. Perfect for doctors, lawyers and other professionals that want to record information while it it is still fresh whether they are at the courthouse, out of town or simply not near their computer. Not only will recording dictations on your phone more convenient for you, but it will also improve turnaround time by getting recordings to your typist faster.
HIPAA compliant secure encryption of dictation recordings is also available for protecting sensitive client or patient information.
With MixPad Master's Edition, you can access all of the power of a professional recording and mixing equipment in your Android powered device! Create your own music with this easy to use mixer studio.
Crescendo Free Music Notation Editor is perfect for writing your own songs, music, scores, or soundtracks. This software is an excellent tool for teaching young musicians the value of score writing. Crescendo Free Notation Software is easy to learn and fun to use. Within no time, you will be writing your very own musical pieces with this great notation software.
Writing musical creations has never been easier with Crescendo Notation Software.
ClickCharts Free Dataflow and Diagram app includes flow and data templates to get you started. Choose from a variety of flow symbols to help you visualize your diagrams. Dataflow organizing and diagrams are a great way to see opportunities in making any task more efficient.
ClickCharts Free Diagram and Flow creator helps troubleshoot and improve any data process. This app is also a great way to save and share dataflow information. ClickCharts Free features data diagrams, process maps, flow paths and diagram maps.
ClickCharts Free Diagram and Flowchart App will keep your data flow efficient and organized. Look no further for the perfect diagram and dataflow app.
Generate professional quotes, orders and invoices that can be printed, emailed or faxed directly from inside Express Invoice. Send out client statements, recurring invoices and late payment reminders to customers to keep the cash coming in. Also quickly generate reports on unpaid invoices, payments, item sales, and more.
Express Invoice Free Features:
* Generate professional quotes, orders and invoices quickly
* Send invoices by email or fax
* Generates comprehensive reports
* Automatically record recurring orders
* Analyze sales by customer or item
* Works for both product and service based businesses
* Supported by mobile ads
Please Note: If you are currently using Express Invoice on your PC or Mac and wish to access your data, you will need to turn on the Web Access feature from the main menu in the program. Doing this allows you to set up remote access for yourself and other users from any web browser including Android mobile devices. At this time data cannot be synced directly across platforms, but Web Access eliminates the need for direct syncing for Windows and Mac users wanting to access their data on a portable device.