SOA Maturity Assessment app is a tool to assess an organization’s service integration effectiveness using Service Integration Maturity Model. It evaluates the organization's practices against the model to determine the level at which the organization currently stands. It indicates the organization's ability to execute in the area concerned, and the practices on which the organization needs to focus in order to realize related business benefits.
The app assesses organization’s SOA dimensions and calculates a score to show the current maturity level. Each assessment can be stored separately and be retrieved for future reference. It is suitable for an organization to check its performance at regular interval for continuous improvement or for a consultant to keep track of assessments from various organizations.
There are 4 functions.
1. Assess: to evaluate the current SOA maturity by measuring the dimensions.
2. Result: to show detail assessment result - the current state and recommendation for improvement in each dimension.
3. Chart: to show the radar chart of the assessment result.
4. Compare: to compare up to 3 assessment results on a radar chart.
The SOA maturity assessment is adapted from The Open Group Service Integration Maturity Model (OSIMM). It consists of seven levels and seven dimensions. Each dimension is assessed and the results are consolidated to generate a maturity level.
The seven maturity levels are:
1. Level 1 - Silo
2. Level 2 - Integrated
3. Level 3 - Componentized
4. Level 4 - Services
5. Level 5 - Composite Services
6. Level 6 - Virtualized Services
7. Level 7 - Dynamically Re-Configurable Services
The seven dimensions are:
2. Organization & Governance
7. Infrastructure & Management