Designed for installation on a teacher’s Android tablet (v4.0.3 and above), the NetSupport School Tutor for Android extends the product’s capabilities into dedicated tablet-based classrooms, giving the teacher the power to connect to each student device and enabling real-time interaction and support.
NetSupport School is the market-leading classroom management software solution for schools. Available for all platforms, NetSupport School supports a teacher with a wealth of assessment, monitoring, collaboration and control features to ensure they can leverage the very best outcomes from their IT equipment.
Note: The student tablet must be running the NetSupport School Student app – also available to download from the store.
Key features when connecting to student devices:
- Thumbnail View: Thumbnails of each student device allow the teacher to monitor classroom activity in a single view.* For more detailed monitoring, the teacher can discreetly view the screen of any selected student.
- Real-time student assessment: The Question and Answer (Q&A) mode enables the teacher to conduct both individual student and peer assessment. Deliver questions verbally to the class, then select students to answer. Select Students either randomly (pot luck), first to answer, or in teams. Bounce questions to multiple students, ask the class to peer assess a selected response and keep individual and team scores.
- Class Surveys: Teachers can conduct on-the-fly surveys to gauge student knowledge and understanding. Students are able to respond in real-time to the survey questions posed and the teacher can then show results to the whole class, enabling students to receive instant feedback on their progress.
- Student Register: The teacher can request standard and/or custom information from each student at the start of each class and create a detailed register from the information provided.
- Lesson Objectives: If provided by the teacher, once connected, students are presented with details of the current lesson, together with overall objectives and their expected learning outcomes.
- Chat and Message: Initiate teacher-to-student chat sessions and send messages from the teacher device to one, selected, or all student devices.
- Request Help: Students can discreetly alert the teacher when they require assistance.
- Launch Websites: Remotely launch a selected website on student devices.
- Student Rewards: The teacher can assign ‘rewards’ to students to recognise good work or behaviour.
- File Transfer: The teacher can transfer files to a selected student or multiple student devices in a single action.
- Lock/Blank Screen: Ensure student focus when presenting by locking or blanking the student screens.
- WiFi/Battery Indicators: View the current wireless and battery status for each connected student tablet.
- Connecting to Students: NetSupport School provides a quick and easy method to connect to the required student devices. The teacher can create ‘rooms’ in advance and the student devices can be configured to a specific room. At the start of a lesson, the teacher simply indicates which of the pre-defined rooms they want to connect to. ‘Roaming’ students also have the option of connecting to a designated room.
The NetSupport School Tutor for Android is free to try in your environment for 30 days and can then be used with your existing NetSupport School licences. Alternatively, additional licences can be purchased from your NetSupport reseller.
* Screen capture feature supported on student tablets where the additional NetSupport School “Extended Features” utility is installed. Available for the majority of leading Tablet manufacturers.
Visit www.netsupportschool.com for more information.