The new Blue Badge Parking App is the official Android app from the BlueBadgeParking.com website.
** Nexus 6P users please see important note at end of listing **
BlueBadgeParking.com is the worlds biggest and most up to date crowd-sourced map of disabled / handicap parking spaces. It has been online since 2006 and is the world's leading disabled (handicap) parking map website. It is a crowd-sourcing project bringing together people around the world to build the most comprehensive and most up to date database of disabled parking spaces. Maps can be printed or downloaded to your SatNav device from the website.
** To avoid performance issues please ensure you have updated to the latest version of Android WebView in Google Play **
This new version of our Android app has been written from the ground up. Currently it provides an enhanced version of the BlueBadgeParking.com website but this new version allows us to add new features more easily than the previous version - and we have lots of new features planned and already in the pipeline.
Right now the app gives you access to the website with app level location permissions (no more need to allow access to your location every time you view the BlueBadgeParking.com map) and also keeps the screen on when using the 'Follow Me' function.
This really is just the start, though, and we will be adding more features regularly.
On a smart phone or connected tablet, however, the Blue Badge Parking App becomes a mini SatNav itself. Using your devices in-built GPS you can track your location within the app and head for the nearest disabled parking place.
If your country or area is under-represented, the simple interface allows you to easily and quickly add missing spaces to our database instantly for others to find.
- Worldwide database (largely UK and Europe data currently but constantly expanding).
- Search by address, post/zip code or even attraction (e.g. Royal Albert Hall).
- Add and edit locations on the go. The app gives you full access to add new locations and correct existing locations. If your town or area is not well represented don't complain - you have the tools to fix it.
- Map and Satellite views.
- Street level view in many locations.
- Location aware (using GPS, WiFi or phone signal!) to show, or even follow, your location - so you can immediately see the closest spaces and head towards them.
- Common interface for web and Android app.
- Maps can be printed (if phone/tablet supports printing) or database downloaded to various SatNav apps including TomTom.
NEXUS 6P USERS:
We have been made aware of a bug in Android WebView which causes the new Blue Badge Parking app to crash on Android 6.x Nexus 6P devices.
The bug is related to the Adreno GPU in these devices and may have been fixed in later versions of WebView.
Please, therefore ensure you are running the most up to date WebView component and let us know via crash/bug reports if the problem persists.
[Note: BlueBadgeparking.com was recently re-written from the ground up. We regularly add new features and improvements and readily respond to and act on user feedback. Please follow us on Twitter for the latest app news.]