Compatible with BMW models (year 2012+, F-Models and later).
(This app is focused on gasoline models, supported diesel models are still limited)
OBD.Maven communicates with the vehicle via the OBD2 diagnostic interface
and allows in this way:
- The reading of certain sensor values such as:
Engine oil temperature, intake air temperature, coolant temperature, (depends on which sensor is present)
- The control of the exhaust flap of the standard installed exhaust flap module (servomotor)
- Disabling the Active Sound Design (ASD = Simulated Interior Sound) inside the vehicle
N55 (M135i, M235i, M2, 335i, 435i)
B58 (M140i, M240i, 340i, 440i, 540i)
S55 (M3, M4, M2C)
More variants are supported, but not tested yet.
(1) The ignition of the vehicle must be switched on before connecting the app!
(2) Carly Adapter does not work with OBD.Maven!
(3) For a proper WiFi use, please activate flightmode or deactivate the mobile network on your smartphone
(4) Requires at least Android 5.0+
(5) Deactivate all energie saving options on your smartphone and remove app from these settings
To use OBD.Maven, an OBD-2 Bluetooth or WiFi adapter is required.
This must be fully compatible with the original ELM327 chip (version min. ELM327v1.3a) and must support the protocols
CAN 11bit / 250kB and CAN 11bit / 500kB
- VGate iCar2 Bluetooth / WiFi
- UniCarScan Bluetooth
- Scantool OBDLink MX Bluetooth
Attention: Many cheap adapters (copies / forgeries from the Asian region) indicate to be fully compatible, but are often based only on the ELM version 1.0, are poorly processed and do not even support the full command set of ELM version 1.0. These adapters are incompatible with OBD.Maven.
Note on operation:
When a successful connection with the adapter is established, a sensor value can be selected in the sensor area by double tapping on one of the three areas.
and the legal data protection regulations. Data is then personal,
if it can clearly be assigned to a natural person.
For the purpose of problem solving or troubleshooting, the user can
decide to create an error report and email it to the developer.
The information contained in the report is only accessible to the developer and
informations are used exclusively for problem identification and rectification.
The error report contains the following information:
- Program name and program version
- Information about the used OBD adapter
- Information about the internal program flow
- Communication between the OBD adapter and the vehicle
To protect the data in this report from unauthorized access, the data is encrypted.
1.2 Use of Google Play
The download und the installation of the android App OBD.Maven is done via Google Play
Depending on the way the user uses Google Play, Google passes personal data to the developers.
This data is only accessible to the developer of OBD.Maven and is stored in accordance
with the principles of proper accounting and is deleted after expiration of the legal deadlines.
so that it always meets the current legal requirements or to implement changes of services