“HKiPort eGate” facilitates operations of all stakeholders of the port community in the process of laden pickup and empty return at Kwai Chung terminals (including ACT, CHT, CT3, HIT & MTL).
“HKiPort eGate” covers the below roadside services with particular functions:
(1) eRO: eRO stands for electronic Release Order. eRO platform enables shipping lines to issue electronic container release instructions for consignees or their agents - including forwarders & trusted agents (consignee) - to collect import laden containers at container terminals.
- Receive electronic release orders (eROs) from consignees without the need to obtain paper release orders;
- Directly assign jobs to tractors and truck drivers.
- Receive eROs from trucking companies;
- Pick up laden containers/ return empty at terminals/ depots by showing eROs displayed on the app (in QR Code format) without holding paper release orders.
- Forward eRO to trucking company;
- Forward eRO to another consignee.