The Sunderland Echo Newspaper app brings you full colour PDF versions of The Sunderland Echo newspaper and every newspaper supplement, all presented in pristine detail and designed to be enjoyed on your tablet device.
Updated early each morning six days a week, the app gives you the opportunity to read the full edition of the paper and its supplements over breakfast, or download them for offline reading later.
In the app’s archive, you get access to full PDF versions of the last 30 papers and supplements, which include:
• Wow 24/7
When viewing a paper or supplement, you can pinch and zoom to enlarge the pages and articles, swipe through or jump to the next or other pages, use the search functionality to find specific articles, and view full pages either in single page portrait or double page spread landscape mode.
In addition, the app features the latest news from sunderlandecho.com, updated throughout the day and including photo slideshows and videos, which can all be shared on social media.
The news sections available are as follows:
• News - breaking news and indepth articles from Sunderland, East Durham, Durham City and the South Tyneside villages
• Sport - full coverage of Sunderland AFC with breaking news updates, plus coverage of Durham cricket and local sports teams
• Entertainment and Lifestyle - music, gig and theatre news and reviews from the buzzing North East entertainment and culture scene, as well as gardening tips and restaurant and pub reviews
• Business - up-to-date business news and coverage of industry and the economy in Sunderland and Durham
• Features and Opinion - opinion columns and in-depth features on everything from food and fun activities to crime, polities and social issues
• Nostalgia - A look at Wearside's past, covering the history and heritage of Sunderland and Durham with detailed articles, historic photographs and quirky tales
The Sunderland Echo Newspaper app brings you the very best in news, sport, entertainment, other features and more from Sunderland, East Durham, Durham City and the surrounding area, with full daily editions exactly as printed.