Unsure Whether to Boat?
Let the new Weather to Boat App help you decide!!
Weather to Boat is a user-friendly App so you, the boater, can easily navigate the menu and choose from:
- Up to date local and marine weather forecasts for your boating area
- Pre-departure checklists
- Interactive Trip Planner with emergency contact alerting
- Safety equipment required, specific to your boat
- Rules of the Road
- Geo-referenced marinas and boat launches
- Boating Tips and Videos
- This FREE App will be a boater’s one stop shop for boating.
In addition to up-to-date marine and local weather forecasts, it also provides lots of information that will help boaters enjoy their boating experience even more. Not only can they check on the safety equipment required for their vessel, but there are also pre-departure checklists that they can use to ensure they have everything they need each time they head out on the water. Whether on the water, or looking to try a new lake, boaters will be able to find geo-referenced marinas and boat launches close to them or the lake they want to visit. These features are all available without having to create an account and logging in.
- Boaters will have the ability to file an electronic trip plan with emergency contact alerting. To access this feature, the boater will need to create a FREE account and login. Within their account they will be able to save the key information for their boat(s), their emergency contacts, and details on their usual crew members, including themselves.
- Included in the app are boating safety tips and short informative videos that enhance the boater’s knowledge. Watch one or scroll through to watch them all, or a selection of specific boating safety topics.
- Most boaters check the weather before they go boating. Unfortunately, marine weather is primarily limited to coastal waters and the Great Lakes and as a result, there currently is no comprehensive marine weather App that covers all of Canada. Inland water boaters must access public ground-based weather, but few know the difference between ground based and marine forecasts. Weather to Boat offers BOTH in this one platform.
-With weather that is provided by Environment and Climate Change Canada, the App is available across Canada in both English and French.
- With all the key information you need for your boating adventure in this one app - Weather To Boat is sure to become your “Boating Go To” this boating season!!