SideSqueeze analyzes data from the barometric pressure sensor in your Galaxy phone to detect both squeeze and press gestures, and then performs an action of your choosing. Its efficient detection algorithm is designed to be as lightweight and low-power as possible with no noticeable impact on battery life.
SideSqueeze is only compatible with weather-sealed Galaxy phones from 2017 onward.
Unfortunately every phone (and case) is unique. Some devices, even of the same model, are more sensitive than others, and harder cases can add another variable by absorbing more of your squeeze. Be sure to perform a calibration as soon as you install this app! Please be advised: SideSqueeze may have trouble working with extremely bulky cases.
SideSqueeze can perform many common actions, however certain ones (immersive status/nav toggles, rotation toggle) require a command to be run via Android Developer Bridge (adb). Instructions can be found from within the app on the Help tab. This step only needs to be performed once.
- 6 detectable squeeze types (single, double, triple, quadruple, long, and inertial)
- 3 detectable press types (single, long, and 2-finger)
- Independently selectable criteria allow you to assign multiple actions to almost all trigger types (if lockscreen open, if homescreen open, if camera open, if S-Pen detached, if within 5-seconds of power on, if the phone is ringing, if in-call, or if screen is off)
- New app picker to launch any app of your choosing
- Tasker integration to launch any task of your choosing
- Quick Settings tile to toggle detection engine
- Wide selection of common actions, such as flashlight toggling, status bar toggling, etc
- Adjustable pressure thresholds
- Calibration assistant to customize SideSqueeze to your device's unique characteristics
- Efficient detection algorithm that is designed to be as lightweight and low-power as possible with no significant impact on battery life
+ Removes the trial nag every 15 activations
+ Unlocks triple squeezes
+ Unlocks quadruple squeezes
+ Unlocks ability to choose a custom app to launch
+ Unlocks ability to choose a custom Tasker task to perform
+ Unlocks ability to send/start SMS to a custom recipient
+ Unlocks all contextual actions, also called criteria (if lockscreen open, if homescreen open, if camera open, if S-Pen detached, if within 5-seconds of power on, if the phone is ringing, if in-call, or if screen is off)
+ Unlocks any future functionality