Have you moved to Europe recently and find yourself confused about how to separate your trash for recycling? Recycling Assistant helps you to learn how to recycle like a native and avoid fines.
App features for correct recycling:
- Choose your location.
Recycling rules for Germany, Great Britain, Poland and the Czech Republic.
- Smart trash scanner.
Take a photo of rubbish with your camera and the Artificial Intelligence-driven assistant will instantly identify it.
- Search by recycling categories and items.
Find required items and see how to recycle them.
- Recycling rules guide based on official guidelines.
Learn how to prepare each item for recycling and what bin to put it into.
- English and Ukrainian interface.
Choose between English or a Ukrainian interface language to learn in an easier way how to recycle in Germany, Poland, Great Britain and the Czech Republic.
Why use the Recycling Assistant?
- Improve recycling skills with AI (screen with scanned objects)
- Find the category of rubbish and special recycling rules (screen with categories)
- Figure out how to properly recycle each rubbish object (screen with recycling rules)
- Switch languages from English to Ukrainian (screen with switcher)
- Free and doesn’t require authorization.
Here's how it works:
1. Download, install and run the application.
2. Click "Camera" in the app.
3. After opening the camera, point the lens at the desired rubbish object and take a photo.
4. Within a few seconds, the camera will determine the type of rubbish.
5. Get recycling recommendations on how to dispose of this type of rubbish.
6. Send garbage to the correct container. Ready!
7. Recommend the app to your friend ;)
With the help of the program, users will receive answers to the most popular questions:
*Battery recycling. How and where?
*What to do with biodegradable plastic?
*Spent aerosol and spray containers. How to dispose of them?
*Water bottles and glass containers should be discarded in bins of which color?
*Soft plastic recycling.
*How to segregate waste at home?
*Used paper cups should be discarded in bins of which color?
*Is cardboard recyclable?
Please note: Though we’ve thoroughly collected the dataset and trained the AI model to identify as wide a variety of items as possible, with as much accuracy as possible, it is still impossible to cover all types of rubbish.
And this is where you can contribute! In case the app does not identify or misidentifies a scanned object, please send us a bug report briefly describing the issue. Let’s make our world better together! Thank you!
The app was created by Ukrainians.
Questions or feedback?
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the support integrated in the application “Report a bug”.