This comprehensive app offers the opportunity to experience the rich history of the town of Galena, IL. It allows you to visit Galena virtually from the comfort of your own home as well as take and customize your own self-guided driving/walking tours while you're in town.
Notable sites include Grant's Home, Turner Hall, Market House, Old Stockade, Coatsworth Building, Desoto House Hotel, Washburne House, Blacksmith Shop and many more historic houses, churches, and downtown Galena buildings.
- 291 Locations, Each with Audio Narration
- GPS Driving/Walking Directions to Each Location
- Hundreds of Historic Photographs
- West Side, East Side, Bench Street, and Main Street Location Based Tours
- Galena Architectural Styles and Early Galena History (Lead, Steamboats, and Railroads) Informational Tours
- Galena's 9 Civil War Generals, Including General Ulysses S. Grant
- Famous Americans with Galena Connections