The Protection Mainstreaming App (ProM) is a companion to the Global Protection Cluster Protection Mainstreaming approaches. It is based on the Global Protection Cluster Protection Mainstreaming Guidance, itself based on the following resources:
- Minimum Inter-Agency Standards for Protection Mainstreaming (WVI)
- Minimum Standards for Child Protection in Humanitarian Action (CPWG)
- Gender-Based Violence Guidelines (IASC)
- Humanitarian Charter & Minimum Standards in Humanitarian Response (SPHERE)
- Minimum Standards for Education in Emergencies (INEE)
- Minimum Standards for Age and Disability Inclusion in Humanitarian Action (ADCAP)
The app is structured into four sections:
1. Guidelines: This includes all the sector guidance available by the Global Protection Cluster, structured by categories (i.e. Stage of the Project Cycle, Protection Mainstreaming Principles, Programming Sector, or Context). Example: View all recommended actions for the WASH programming sector.
2. Projects: This enables you to create your own tailored guidance or “projects” by selecting what categories or subset of categories are relevant for you. Projects created through this app can be saved and their implementation monitored. Example: View only the recommended actions for the WASH programming sector that need to be considered during project design. Projects created through the app can be shared with your team or exported in Excel or PDF format for use on your computer.
3. Resources: This enables you to access a list of context-specific resources available for your country of intervention.
4. Settings: This allows you to change the language to English, French, or Arabic, as well as access information about the App and its content.
Acknowledgements: The Protection Mainstreaming Task Team would like to thank all agencies and individuals involved in supporting the development of the GPC Training Package from which the content is taken: Act for Peace, CARE International, Concern Worldwide, Danish Refugee Council, Gender Standby Capacity Project (GenCap), Global Communities, Global Protection Cluster Support Cell, Handicap International, Help Age, Humanitarian Advisory Group, Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre (IDMC), InterAction, International Organization for Migration (IOM), International Rescue Committee (IRC), Norwegian Refugee Council, Oxfam GB, Oxfam Intermon, Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR), Protection Capacity Standby Project (ProCap), Save the Children, Sphere Project, United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR), United Nations Office for Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (UN OCHA), United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), World Food Program (WFP), World Vision Australia, World Vision International.
This app was made possible thanks to the generous support of the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida), UK Aid, and the team of developers at Atipik . The contents do not necessarily reflect the views of the Swedish Government, the European Commission, the UK Government, or Atipik.
More information can be found on the Global Protection Cluster Protection Mainstreaming Website: http://www.globalprotectioncluster.org/en/areas-of-responsibility/protection-mainstreaming.html
Designed & developed with love by Atipik health (www.atipik.ch)