GPS Mapping Co-ordinates - Record & Share, Field Notes, Movement Tracking & Handbook
• RFS Buddy works anywhere
• The RFS Buddy app does not need wifi or any phone carrier’s reception to work.
• RFS Buddy works directly from phones's internal GPS.
Developed to assist Australian volunteer Bushfire Fighters from the NSW Rural Fire Service (RFS), and also anyone that need GPS location services.
RFS Buddy translates your GPS location into the main RFS MGRS standard, including the LPI Map name and number. Also includes a number of other formats, and a Fire-ground Field Notes feature to record reference points of interest such as hazards, smoke etc.
GPS CO-ORDINATES IN 5 FORMATS
1. RFS Mapping
The Standard MGRS format used to match the RFS maps used in the field. Includes:
- Full RFS Grid Reference (100m).
- Short RFS Grid Reference
- LPI Map Name, Reference Number & Scale
- GPS Accuracy
3. Standard GPS
4. Degrees, Minutes, Seconds
5. Easting Northing
RFS FIREFIGHTERS POCKET BOOK
A useful reference tool to always have on hand. This copy has a scrolling menu to easy get to the page you need. Also bookmarks, sharing and printing features included.