This app displays a printable map that shows the flood-prone areas near a given street address in the United States.
• Type your street address in the "Address" field
• Tap the "Get Flood Risk Map" button
Maps generated by this app are not interactive maps, but maps—usually PDFs—that are suitable for emailing and printing out on paper.
Depending on the availability of the flood study data in your area, this app will generate one of the following results:
• Areas with modern digital FEMA flood study data: A printable PDF showing about 400 acres or about 0.6 sq. mi.
• Areas with old FEMA flood study data: A zip file with a scanned image of an old (often 1980s) printed map
• Remote areas where a FEMA flood study has not been conducted: No map available
★ Homeowners and home buyers
★ Real estate agents
★ Insurance professionals
★ Anyone doing a risk assessment or asking "Am I in a flood zone?"
This app requires having a PDF viewer app—such as the Adobe Acrobat Reader app—installed on your phone. Many phones have one installed already. You also need to have a web browser app installed, like Google Chrome or Firefox.
If the FEMA study data in your location is old, you'll need to have an app for opening zip files (such as Winzip) and an app for opening TIFF files (such as Multi-TIFF Viewer Free) so you can open the scanned maps that are used for those locations.
If you represent a business that needs a customized version of this app, please get in touch!
Hurricane Irma aftermath photo by Wade Austin Ellis