Calculate thermal cycles, t8/5 and preheat temperatures for the welding of steel. Ideal for welding teachers, students and engineers!
Use this app to calculate preheat temperature and other useful measures based on both the EN-1011-2 and AWS D1.1 standards. The included graphs and information snippets help you to gain insight in how the calculations work and how changes in input values influence the results.
* Preheat temperature according to EN-1011-2 using the CE and CET method
* Preheat temperature for creep resisting and low temperature steels
* Preheat temperature according to AWS D1.1
* Heat input from arc energy
* Heat input for manual metal arc welding
* t8/5 and transition thickness for steel
* Carbon equivalents CE, CET and Pcm
* Welding temperature cycle according to Rykalin
The information in this app was provided by Ir. C.A. Brak, welding engineer.