SimTunnel is designed to perform a quick tunnel analysis on your phone device. SimTunnel is very simple and easy to use. SimTunnel uses "rock-support interaction" or "convergence-confinement" method to estimate the deformation of circular tunnels in weak rock, and visualizing the tunnel interaction with various support systems.
SimTunnel has the following features:
- SimTunnel determines Factor of Safety (FOS) as the ratio of maximum support pressure to the support pressure required for equilibrium.
- The Tunnel and Rock Parameters dialog allows you to define the tunnel and rock properties for model.
- The Strength Properties which are required will depend on the strength criteria you have selected in Setting Page.
- Both Mohr-Coulomb and Hoek-Brown strength criteria are available.
- The parameter calculator dialogs are available to help you to calculate some of the parameters (i.e. GSI, mi, D, UCS, insitu stress and etc).
- The support parameters dialog allows you to easily add support and define the support properties for the model.
- Three different support types can be added to the model: Rockbolts, Steelsets and Shotcrete
- The ground reaction curve (GRC) is always displayed in the output page.
- The brief summary of analysis results and input data will be displayed in the Output Page.
- The report button, allows you to save the current model’s input and output information into PDF file. The generated report file can be sent out via email.