This app only works on subscription. You are welcome to try the app at a discounted introductory price.
Explore the Harz with lovingly designed, rich in content and locally produced maps for hiking, mountain biking, cycling, gravel biking. Over 250 tour suggestions offer easy access to the extensive network of trails in the Harz Mountains.
The right cards for your activities:
- Basic map for purists
- Hiking map with Harzklub trails
- MTB map with trail levels and descriptions (only Hochharz)
- Bike map for touring bikes and gravel bikes
The KartoGuide Harz is the ideal companion for individualists in the Harz Mountains. The maps show you the signposted network of hiking and cycling trails as well as other trails that are suitable for hiking and cycling and the level of difficulty of trails for mountain biking.
Be inspired by our tour suggestions and discover the area on your own.
We record temporarily blocked paths on the maps and update this information regularly.
Our new search function helps you to quickly find stamp locations, names of mountains and cliffs, sights and many other prominent points on the map.
25 years of experience
We have been drawing leisure maps for the Harz Mountains for over 25 years. This experience is an integral part of building and designing our digital maps. In addition, as outdoor enthusiasts, we receive our information first-hand on site and can pass it on to you directly with our maps.
Interplay with our printed maps
Despite digital technology and a dynamic display, the maps in the app are kept in our own style. Hybrid navigation with a map and smartphone becomes a convenient interplay for you: swap the medium – not the content.
Our map content:
- Harzklub hiking trails as a dashed red line with numbering and marking
- Other hiking trails as a red dotted line, some with hiking symbols
- Theme and long-distance hiking trails as a colored line with name and symbol like
- Harz Witches' Climb
- Harz border route
- Selketal climb
- Harzer Baudensteig
- Karst hiking trail
- Southern Harz Steam Locomotive Trail
- Devil's Stairs
- Harz monastery hiking trail
- all 222 stamping points of the Harzer Wandernadel project with name and number
- Shelters, rest areas and barbecue areas, vantage points, campsites and camper van sites, youth hostels, sights, indoor and outdoor swimming pools, golf courses and tennis courts, climbing and bike parks, horseback riding, ski lifts, toboggan runs and much more
- signposted bike lanes as a light purple line like
- Harz circuit
- Ilse, Holtemme and Innerste cycle path
- Iron Curton Trail
- Harz mountain bike arena
- Devil's Trail
- Bike recommendations as a dark purple line
- cycle paths along the road as a dotted line
- MTB recommendations as a green line
- Signposted MTB trails as a green dashed line
Scale-variable and sheet-cut-free
With the subscription, the entire Harz region is available to you in the app without any page cuts. You can move around the map without limits, zoom continuously and rotate the map.
Get started right away with our tour suggestions
With more than 250 tour suggestions, you can start straight into the Harz wilderness and cultural landscape. The tours can be combined with the maps – basic map, hiking map, bicycle map, MTB map.
Location - walking direction - offline use
Where am I? Let the app show your location.
Where are you going? If your smartphone has an integrated compass, the map rotates in the direction you are walking.
No net? Take precautions! Load the map data onto your smartphone with a WiFi connection and use the app offline.
Terms and Conditions: https://www.schmidt-buch-verlag.de/allgemeine_geschaeftbedingungen/
Data protection information: https://www.schmidt-buch-verlag.de/datenschutz-app/