Listen to live audio from over 7,000 fire and police scanners, NOAA weather radio stations, ham radio repeaters, air traffic, and marine radios from around the world. Turn on notifications to receive alerts anytime a scanner has more than 2000 listeners (to find out about major events and breaking news).
• View scanners located nearest you. • View the top 50 scanners (those that have the most listeners). • View scanners added most recently (new scanners are being added all the time). • Add scanners you listen to the most to your Favorites for quick access. • Browse the directory by location or genre (public safety, aviation, railroad, marine, weather, etc). • Turn on notifications to be notified when major events are happening (details below). • Add Scanner Radio widgets and shortcuts to your home screen for quick access.
Receive a notification anytime:
• ...any scanner in the directory has more than 2000 listeners (configurable). • ...a scanner within a certain distance of your location has more than a certain number of listeners. • ...a specific scanner has more than a certain number of listeners. • ...a Broadcastify alert is posted for one of your favorites. • ...a scanner within a certain distance from you is added to the directory.
Using the notifications feature is a great way to find out about breaking news events before they're covered in the media.
Below are the benefits of upgrading to Scanner Radio Pro:
• No ads. • Access to all 6 theme colors. • Push notifications sent within 5 minutes (instead of 15 minutes). • Ability to record what you're hearing.
The audio you're able to hear is provided by volunteers (and, in many cases, police and fire departments and 911 dispatch centers themselves) for Broadcastify and a few other sites using real police scanners, ham radios, weather radios, and marine radios and is the same as what you'd hear using your own police scanner.
Some of the more popular departments that you can listen to using the app include NYPD, FDNY, LAPD, and Chicago Police. During hurricane season it can be useful to listen to ham radio "hurricane net" scanners which contain weather conditions and damage reports when hurricanes and tropical storms are approaching or making landfall as well as NOAA weather radio scanners.
Interested in providing scanner radio audio for your area? If so, you'll need a real scanner radio, a computer, and a cable to get the audio from the scanner to the computer. Once you have that, program the scanner to monitor what you'd like to make available from your area (police dispatch channels, fire departments, 911 centers, ham radio repeaters, a NOAA weather radio station, etc). If someone in your area is providing a feed that contains both police and fire you could provide a feed that contains only police, only fire, or one that covers only certain districts/precincts. Next, go to Broadcastify.com's web site and click on the Broadcast button to sign-up (it's completely free) to provide scanner audio for your area. As a provider you'll have complete access to the audio archives for all of the scanner feeds they host.
Scanner Radio has been featured in:
• The "Amazing Android Apps for Dummies" book • Android Authority's "5 Best Police Scanner Apps for Android" article • The Droid Guy's "7 Best Police Scanner Apps for Free on Android" article • Make Tech Easier's "4 of the Best Police Scanner Apps for Android" article
The Scanner Radio app is a perfect companion to the Pulse Point and Mobile Patrol apps as well as weather, hurricane tracker, and breaking news apps.
May 1, 2022
Safety starts with understanding how developers collect and share your data. Data privacy and security practices may vary based on your use, region, and age. The developer provided this information and may update it over time.
This app may share these data types with third parties
I've timed it from when my fire alert goes off to when you hear it dispatched on here and it's about a 2 minute delay, it's kinda annoying if your trying to use it to be able to avoid accidents for county's that don't have live webcads, the other thing is it's extremely hard to understand dispatches on this and you can't listen to live fire channels like ops channels and utac channels it's mainly just dispatch. other than that it works amazingly and easy to use.
104 people found this review helpful
June 5, 2022
The delay is normal due to buffering of the live audio by Broadcastify.com's audio servers and your phone's player in order to ensure smooth streaming even in the presence of network congestion and poor reception.
May 20, 2022
This app used to be great. It is intuitive to use, to set favorite channels, search by locations, that's great. But all it does anymore is cut out and reconnect, frequently and for about 10 seconds each time. It doesn't sound like much, but you're usually listening to a scanner when something is happening, so suddenly you have these pockets of dead "reconnecting" air where you're missing everything being said. Easier to stream directly from the website.
190 people found this review helpful
May 20, 2022
If you would like assistance, select Help from the menu in the app (while you're on a directory screen) and then press the "Contact Us" button that's at the bottom of the screen. This will send an e-mail to the same e-mail address that's listed in the Play Store.
April 15, 2022
Only scanner app ive found with zero delay, I watched a squad car make a few turns while listening to him give those updates on his position. It was real time. A great variety of divisions to listen to and the alerts feature is great. You can set it to notify you if a certain number of people are listening to a certain channel of your choosing or if ANY channel has a certain number. That's how I was able to listen live to the Las Vegas Massacre. It was epic! U can know about stuff b4 the news.
446 people found this review helpful
• Fixed a bug which prevented audio from resuming after pausing for transient loss of audio focus. • Fixed a bug which would sometimes result in Favorites widgets displaying widget preview image. • Miscellaneous other bug and crash fixes.