Listen to live audio from over 6,500 fire and police scanners, weather radios, amateur radio repeaters and air traffic and marine radios from around the world (primarily in the United States, Canada, and Australia, with more being added daily).
• View scanners that are located nearest you.
• View the top 50 scanners that have the most listeners.
• View list of scanners added most recently (new scanners are being added all the time).
• Add scanners you listen to the most to your Favorites for quick access.
• Browse the directory by location or genre (public safety, air traffic, railroad, marine, etc).
• Turn on notifications to be notified when lots of people (such as over 3500, for example) are listening to any scanner (indicating that something big is happening). You can also be notified when scanners located near you (or specific scanners of your choosing) have more than a certain number of listeners and when new scanners are added.
• Add Scanner Radio widgets and shortcuts to your home screen for quick access.
• Supports Android Auto.
• Locale/Tasker can be used to launch the app and have one of your Favorites automatically begin playing based on one or more conditions or have the app stop playing. One use for this feature is to have a scanner feed begin playing when your phone connects to a specific Bluetooth device and then have it stop when the connection to that Bluetooth device is no longer present.
This is the free version of the app, below are the benefits of purchasing the Pro version (for only $2.99):
• No ads.
• Access to all 6 theme colors.
• Push notifications sent within 5 minutes (vs within 15 minutes).
• Ability to record the audio.
• The play button at the top of the directory screens and on the widgets can be used to start listening without having to go to the player screen.
The audio you're able to hear is provided by volunteers (and, in many cases, police and fire departments themselves) for Broadcastify.com and a few other sites using real police scanners and is the same audio you would hear using your own police scanner.
If you need assistance, please go to http://support.gordonedwards.net/
Explanation of why a couple of permissions are needed:
• The "Location" permission is required so that the app can determine what scanners are located in your area when you select "Nearby Scanners". When you select "Nearby Scanners" the app first attempts to determine your location via the network, if that fails the app then tries to determine your location via GPS.
• The "Photos/Media/Files" / "modify or delete the contents of your USB storage" permission is required in order to allow you to record the audio you're hearing and be able to save it to a location that you can access from your computer (requires Scanner Radio Pro to be installed or for you to be using Scanner Radio Pro).