Practica is here to help you practice an instrument, improve your ear and musical memory, and explore new ideas. Choose a scale, generate melodies, and use the metronome and repeat tools to create unique exercises, backing tracks and song ideas. Whether you're an expert on guitar or a starting piano player, a singer who wants to warm up or a songwriter who needs to lay something down, Practica can help!PRACTICE
• Generate interesting and challenging melodic patterns and give yourself a workout with (maybe) infinite practice exercises
• Tweak the tempo and length to suit your level, playing speed and musical memory
• Loop the music, or use Call and Response mode to take turns listening and playing - challenge your memory and performance skills
• Use the metronome to build timing accuracyTRAIN
• Test your ear and use the Guide to see how you did
• Choose from a range of scales and learn their unique characteristics
• Quickly switch between two independent tempo settings, for when you need to focus
• Accessibility support allows screen readers to speak the notes while the Guide is activePLAY
• Try something new! Explore different scales and tonal colors, and hear some musical ideas you may not come up with yourself
• Perform them yourself, or use them as a backing track to play around with harmony and chord progressionsCREATE
• Want some inspiration? Create countless melodic ideas at the touch of a button
• See where they take you - or if you like what you're hearing, use it!
• Melodies are generated by computer magic, so there's no copyright. You're free to do what you like with any music Practica comes up with
• Choose from a range of scales (more to come)
• Configurable melody lengths - choose a longer melody and higher tempo for a challenge!
• Toggle between two separate tempo settings, allowing you to easily slow down (or speed up) the melody
• Melody Guide showing the notes of the current scale, which can be tapped to highlight the notes as they play
• Options to automatically switch to your alternative tempo when the Guide is active, and automatically turn the Guide off whenever you create a new melody
• Support for screen readers (we recommend setting the alternative tempo to a speed where the Guide can read out each note)
• Looping mode
• Call and Response mode (take turns with the app - this can be challenging!)
• Light and dark themes
Any questions or suggestions, talk to us at email@example.comA note on accessibility
Accessibility in apps is important, and we're committed to making Practica as inclusive as we can - music should be for everyone, no matter how we experience it.
But we're still new to the subject and the technologies involved, and it's likely there are issues we're unaware of. We are aware of a problem with swipe navigation in TalkBack, where you can't swipe past a list control (like the tempo picker) without swiping to the start or end of that list, which changes the selected value. We're hoping to solve this in an update, until then please use Explore by Touch or navigate by Controls (on the main screen) until this is fixed. Thank you, and sorry for the inconvenience!