The restoration of the Portico of Glory, which took place between 2006 and 2018, has been one of the most ambitious, lengthy and complex projects that the Fundación Barrié has faced in recent years. The ultimate objective has been to promote the concept that “the best conservation strategy is education” and to work to raise society’s awareness of the fact that conserving heritage has to be a shared responsibility.
Hence, the Fundación Barrié is continuing to work on disseminating this project, using the most innovative tools available such as the gigapixel image shown here. For the first time, this makes it possible to explore details in the monument that cannot be seen with the naked eye.
Second Canvas app is an innovative tool that allows you to explore the Portico of Glory in super-high resolution as never seen before. Discover, learn and enjoy the stories told by experts through the storylines, details about the restoration, and 3D reconstructions of the musical instruments in the work.
- Superzoom for exploring the Portico of Glory with the best quality possible thanks to the gigapixel resolution.
- Narrations on key figures and details in the Portico, its symbolism, causes of deterioration, intervention, etc. Even listen to how the instruments depicted in it would have sounded.
- Audio-tour exploring the Portico and its details, explanatory videos, etc.
- A perspective of before and after the restoration of areas and elements, key to understanding the scope of the work carried out.
- 3D reproduction of the instruments that appear in the Portico, with interactive explanations of their features and elements.Free app available in Spanish, Galician and English.