This App is in the prototype stage and we are presently working on the Sensors. Will update as soon as have a test version ready.
The revolutionary 'item seeker' is the first of its kind reminder & alert app which will help the vast visually challenged and elderly community, especially
people suffering from Alzheimers and Dementia. The App was conceptualised as a result of the several years of research and involvement with the visually
challenged community. The Item Seeker App allows users to locate a missing item or an object which needs to be tagged using a 'sticker'. The Bluetooth
sensors on the tags alert the Item Seeker when an object goes missing - the user can manage when the item needs to be reminded of etc. The Video explains
how exactly the App works with the Stickers.
How to Use
The App works by :
1. Allowing the user to 'tag' objects that are important like a book, wallet, small bag, keys, medicine box etc.
2. The user can add a 'reminder' on the App and as soon as the user moves away from the object, a reminder via a vibration alert helps the user by reminding
that a 'tagged object' is left behind or away from the device
3. The user can then move towards the object and a 'tone' gives the user an alert on where the object is. The tone goes louder as the user goes closer
to the object - for example, in case the tagged object falls under a table and the user is unable to find the same, the Item Seeker first Alerts and also
allows Find the Object
4. Users can also share the info of the 'tagged object' via whatsapp etc to other users helping others keep a tab on important objects especially in the
case of the elderly etc
5. The User can manage when to set an alert and when to turn it off and also control when the Item needs to be searched for etc.