- Hear live streams from hundreds of NPR stations: search by location (GPS) or zip code / call letters
- Listen to programs like Morning Edition, All Things Considered, Talk of the Nation, Fresh Air, and Wait, Wait…Don’t Tell Me More
Great storytelling and rigorous reporting that informs, engages, inspires and surprises—from the ends of the earth to your own city or town—available to you whenever, wherever.
It’s public radio made personal.
*A handcrafted experience.*
NPR One starts with the latest headlines then moves to a flow of stories that matter—stories that increase your understanding, create connections, enrich your life and enliven your mind. All thoughtfully curated by hand, every day.
*You’re in control. Or not.*
Just pop in your ear buds, tap your phone and NPR One starts flowing. But now if you want to pause, skip ahead, rewind or share a story with friends, you can do that too. All from a simple app.
*Personal, not prescriptive.*
Though your stream is personalized to deliver the stories you want, you’ll still hear the top news of the day and stories you had no idea would captivate you. Journey around the globe and into the most interesting corners of your community—serendipity making your world bigger and smaller at the same time.
Even with the breadth of public radio at your fingertips, you won’t lose touch at home. Local news is woven seamlessly into your listening experience. Local stories, locally reported, are delivered daily. Community is everything.
- A personalized stream of NPR and local station news and stories
- Skip, rewind, pause and share
- Search for your favorite shows, stations and podcasts
- International, national, regional and local content
- A simple, intuitive interface
It’s simple. It’s intuitive. It’s there for you. (Wherever ‘there’ is.)
As fast as the world is changing the way it listens to public radio, NPR One is changing the way we deliver it. NPR is here to deliver the public radio experience wherever you are. Whenever you can connect.
Here we go. It’s NPR One.
*Photo Credit for Audie Cornish: Eli Meir Kaplan*
With home screen widget, your favorite radios/podcasts are just at the tip of your fingers.
This is ads supported app. With in-app purchase ads can be removed. There's no any functionality difference between ads supported and ads free version.
- Live streams from 300+ public radio stations
- Restart the audio play from where it is left before
- Pause/resume audio play on incoming phone
- Ability to skip the beginning part of the podcast
- Set your favorite radio station as alarm
- Sleep mode to turn off radio after scheduled time
- Play in background
- Download and play it any time you want
- Instance search as you type
- Ability to save download to SD card
- Ability to add new radio station manually
- Ability to add new podcast manually
- Home screen widget for easy play control and quick access
- Chromecast support
Note for users with Android KitKat or above:
If you just updated to KitKat and use the SD card as download location, please go to the settings of this app and reset the download location to SD card.
For Lollipop users: Lock screen widget is no longer supported by Lollipop. Please use the notification on lock screen instead.
NPR's Science Friday®, with Ira Flatow. Tasty bytes - audio and video - of lively and thoughtful ideas with the experts, from Oliver Sacks to Jane Goodall, Francis Collins to Isabella Rossellini.
PRI. Hear a different voice.
Make your life easier by allowing NPR Station Finder to find the closest NPR radio stations to you. All you need is an AM/FM radio and NPR Station Finder for those long road trips.
Rankings are based on the radio tower location and radiated power.
• All the latest news as it happens
• Watch or listen to the latest news headlines
• Opt in for breaking news push notifications
• Download the latest stories when you have a signal and then read them offline at your leisure
• Share stories to a range of social networks, or email/SMS to a friend
• Personalise the home screen by adding, removing and re-ordering news categories to suit your preferences
• Listen live to BBC World Service radio
• Home screen widgets to keep you up to date
• Settings to allow the app to automatically update in the background
• Set text size to suit your preferences
• Ability to send stories, video, and photos directly to the BBC News team
• Full range of News categories: Top stories, US & Canada, Europe, Latin America, Asia, Middle East, Africa, UK, Technology, Business, Features & Analysis, Science & Environment, Entertainment & Arts, Health, Also In The News, Sport
• Ability to store the app on the SD card. Widgets will not be available if you choose to use this function. This is a feature of the Android system.
*Currently unavailable for devices running 2.2 and below. We are working on a fix and this will be available soon.
• Push notifications for big breaking news stories
• Landscape support for all devices
• Various bug fixes including an issue that occasionally caused duplicate push notifications.
If you choose to receive push notifications, a unique identifier relating to your device will be stored by ProcessOne on behalf of the BBC to provide you with the service.
No other personal data relating to you (such as a username or email address) is processed. The BBC will keep your information secure and not share it with anyone else in accordance with the BBC’s Privacy and Cookies Policy, available at http://www.bbc.co.uk/privacy/
You can choose to unsubscribe from push notifications in the app’s settings screen.
• INTERNET: Used to get the latest news content from the BBC
• ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Used to determine whether you are on 3G or WiFi to deliver the best quality content
• WAKE_LOCK: Used if you enable background updates in settings
• GET_ACCOUNTS: Used to determine if your device is capable of receiving Push messages
• C2D_RECEIVE/C2D_MESSAGE: Used to receive Push messages if you opt in
WNYC is the flagship public radio station of New York City. We produce a range of original and innovative programs and podcasts, including The Brian Lehrer Show, The Leonard Lopate Show, The Takeaway (a co-production with Public Radio International) and, from our newsroom, award-winning local and national reporting. Soundcheck, New Sounds and Spinning on Air feature exclusive performances from the new music scene, while Jonathan Schwartz is the voice of American standards.
We're also home to Radiolab, the Peabody Award-winning show that blurs the boundaries among science, philosophy and the human experience, and Freakonomics Radio, the popular podcast that explores "the hidden side of everything."
Other shows you'll find here include All Things Considered, Ask Me Another, Car Talk, Fishko Files, Food Fridays, Fresh Air, Here's the Thing With Alex Baldwin, Last Chance Foods, Morning Edition, Marketplace, Money Talking, Movie Date, New Tech City, On Being, On Point, Radio Rookies, Radiolab, Selected Shorts, Studio 360 , This American Life and The World.
WNYC is a listener-supported public radio station. Your financial support helps make possible our programming, broadcasting and digital innovation. You can find our donation form on the app menu.
The WNYC app was built by the digital media group of New York Public Radio.
DownloadNPR is a very simple app that lets you:
• Download and see a list of all the latest stories from Morning Edition or All Things Considered
• Select which stories to download
• Play any of the downloaded stories from a given show by touching on its title
• Pause or seek within a story or skip to the next story
What DownloadNPR CANNOT do:
• Download stories from previous days (only the latest stories are downloaded, when available from NPR)
• Download from shows other than Morning Edition or All Things Considered
If you're looking for the features above, you may want to consider "npr By Date".
Ideas for feature enhancements are welcome!
We've totally revamped the KQED app to be a more convenient and reliable way to listen to KQED Public Radio, wherever and whenever.
- Listen to the KQED Public Radio stream wherever you are
- Watch KQED local and national tv programs
- Listen and subscribe to our audio podcasts
- Follow the latest news headlines
- Find member discounts via KQED Perks
- Create your own playlist from marketplace segments
- Save and reorder stories and podcasts for offline listening
- Autoplay turns any playlist into a continuous audio feed
- Alarm clock to start your day with a Marketplace audio feed
- Curated Editor’s Pick feed delivers news in context
- Sharing to social networks including Facebook and Twitter
Public Radio Player has Chromecast integration, so you can stream your stories to the TV.
As a work in progress (and love), please contact me with features you would like to see added. Thanks!
Listen live to local stations!
CNN connects you to the world -- wherever you are.
The redesigned CNN App for Android has been rebuilt and redesigned for use on both your phone and tablet.
Stay informed with the latest headlines and original stories from around the globe. Follow up-to-the-minute reporting with breaking news alerts and live video. Share stories and videos and comment on top stories.
•Get breaking news alerts and follow stories as they develop.
•Go beyond the surface with international, politics, opinion, tech and entertainment stories and more.
•Watch video clips and coverage of live events as they unfold. View your favorite CNN shows live (as available, check with your cable, satellite or telecommunications provider).
•Contribute a story or opinion to CNN iReport by uploading photos and video directly from your app. Follow other iReporters and see stories from their points of view.
•Access your local weather information, including current and extended forecasts.
•Browse photo galleries related to today’s news.
•Sync your Samsung Galaxy Gear to your CNN app and receive breaking news and top stories on your wearable device (available on select Android phones).
The CNN App may ask your permission to access certain functions on your device such as location, network connection, camera and social media accounts. Doing so can enhance some features of your app such as weather forecasts, iReport submissions and ability to share stories with your social networks. The CNN App may also ask your permission for “phone calls” to allow you to call CNN regarding story ideas or general feedback. CNN respects your privacy and would never misuse your personal information.
Have questions or feedback on the CNN App? E-mail us at Android@cnn.com. We are always looking for suggestions on how to provide the best experience possible for you.
Live news radio and on-demand headlines fast.
Simply swipe and tap to listen to:
* Live news radio - latest news from 12+ popular world radio news networks
* Hourly news on-demand - BBC World Service, NPR News, and more
* Top quality public radio news (1) and shortwave world radio online
Easy to use. Fast. Reliable streams.
Top ratings for free radio app.
-- Headline News Radio --
Play hourly world radio news on-demand:
* BBC News radio - UK
* NPR News - National Public Radio - US
* CBC - Canadian Broadcast Company
* RFI - Radio France Internationale
* NHK - Radio Japan
* VOA - Voice of America
* FSN - Feature Story News - US
* ESPN - Sportscenter Headlines
* SkyNews - UK
Handy "Play All" feature.
-- Live News Radio --
Live news, information, arts, and talk radio sources include:
* BBC World Service News
* BBC Radio 4 - UK
* NPR News + - National Public Radio - US
* CBC Radio One - Canada
* PRI - Public Radio International - US
* American Public Media - via Minnesota Public Radio - MPR - US
* ABC Radio National - Australian Broadcasting Corporation
* SAfm - South Africa's SABC
* KBS - South Korea
* BBC Radio 5 Live - UK
* NDTV news audio - India
* WRN - World Radio Network - 10+ global shortwave radio broadcasters - a DXers delight: Radio Sweden, Vatican Radio, Radio Slovakia, Radio Poland, Radio Prague, Radio New Zealand, Kol Voice of Israel, Deutsche Welle, Radio Guangdong, SwissInfo, Copenhagen Calling, Glenn Hauser’s World of Radio
** News radio streams are subject to change. 1 Radio News is not affiliated with these broadcasters. They provide publicly accessible audio streams which are included in many radio apps and web services. We carefully select the best current world radio news stations in English.
-- Why Try 1 Radio News --
With radio apps like TuneIn with thousands of stations, why would you use this app?
* Radio news focus - like a shortwave world news radio
* Popular world radio stations pre-selected and tested - quickly listen to BBC World Service, NPR News, CBC News, and more
* Compare our rating with other radio apps - we are at the top if you search "radio news"
* Help learn English and explore world cultures by listening to English
* If you like shortwave radio or DXing you'll love the news stations - Amazing choices beyond BBC World Service
* Quickest app to start listening - just swipe and tap, no typing in a station name, etc.
* Great way to test the idea before you buy the Pro version if you want more stations
* News radio isn't buried among thousands of music stations like on TuneIn
* No login. No social media integration. Nothing complicated. Keep your privacy.
* Light on the ads, NO annoying ads that interfere with the experience
* If you come up with more, rate the app and add a comment on Google Play
(1) For 100+ commercial, shortwave, other spoken word stations, buy our related PRO app - 1 Radio News Pro. More info: http://1radionews.com
Pro version, 10x more global news stations, no mobile ads
- Hourly news headlines on-demand - top sources
- Live news, talk, and culture radio - 100+ great stations
- Top quality world broadcasters like BBC, NPR, CBC, RFI
- Programs in English (almost all)
- Quick and easy station changing
- See the reviews! "Wow, Brilliant, Fast, Fabulous, 100% 5 stars"
- Best collection of shortwave radio stations included
Simply swipe for many more stations.
Discover. Be surprised.
In addition to news radio, you'll find arts, culture, in-depth interviews, talk, spoken word, documentaries and music too. Curated and reliable with tested streams.
This is the only Android app focused on news radio with both hourly news headlines on-demand and live streams.
-- Headlines - On-Demand --
Radio MP3 newscasts on the web that play in this *independent* app come from the top radio networks.
* BBC WorldService (UK)
* NPR - National Public Radio (US)
* CBC - Canadian Broadcast Company
* RFI - Radio France International
* NHK - Radio Japan
* VOA - Voice of America
* And more
No more waiting for the top of the hour to hear what's happening in the world. Play one or play all. No complicated podcast apps.
-- Live News --
In this "Pro" version we curate 100+ live radio news and talk radio streams.
Live streams are subject to change. Travel conversations around the world. Some stations include music with news/talk primarily in the morning local time.
This is an independent app not affiliated in anyway nor endorsed by these wonderful radio stations/streams. As of today, we play publicly accessible streams from the following live stations:
BBC World Service
National Public Radio – US NPR – Program stream
Minnesota Public Radio (American Public Media flagship station MPR)
Public Radio International - PRI - US
Australian Broadcasting Corporation – Radio National
KBS English - South Korea
World Radio Network - WRN – for North America – Over a dozen global “shortwave” broadcasters
World Radio Network - for Europe
BBC Radio 4
BBC Radio 4 Extra
BBC Radio Scotland
BBC Radio Wales
BBC Radio Ulster (Northern Ireland)
BBC Radio 5 Live
RTE 1 – Ireland
RTE 1 Extra – Ireland
PRX (Public Radio Exchange) Remix – US
Radio New Zealand National
Radio New Zealand International
Radio France Internationale
Voice of America – English
Radio Australia International
ABC NewsRadio – Australia
SAfm - South Africa from SABC
Shortwave radio stations:
- Deutsche Welle – Germany (multiple languages)
- Radio Sputnik – Russia
- Radio China International
- Radio Poland
- 15+ more international broadcast stations
U.S. Public Radio News sampler with most *original local programming*:
- WNYC - New York City
- WHYY - Philadelphia
- WAMC - Northeast Public Radio, Albany, NYC
- WBEZ - Chicago Public Media
- WPR - Wisconsin Public Radio Ideas Network
- KQED - San Francisco
- KUOW2 - Global news mix, Seattle
- KPFK - Los Angeles Pacifica
- WBAI - New York City Pacifica
World English talk station sampler (commercial) - Canada, UK, Ireland, Spain, Jamaica, Bahamas, Nigeria, Israel, South Africa, New Zealand, Australia, Singapore
Radio Hong Kong 3 (in English, mostly music)
BBC World Service (Low Bandwidth via Vermont Public Radio)
C-SPAN Radio and television audio
CNN News TV audio (in US)
NDTV news audio, India
Namibia National Service
Talk radio "sampler" - conservative radio, progressive radio, black talk radio
Sports talk radio sampler
This app brings the shortwave radio listening experience to your phone or tablet. Read the reviews from SWLers praising this app for bringing the shortwave radio and MW DXing talk radio experience to mobile.
All of the same great features you know and love from our previous app are still there, now with more interactive capabilities and a simpler interface.
No registration required and the app is still free.
We’ve taken your feedback, which you can submit through the app.
Here’s some of our highlights:
- Exciting new app design
- Enhanced social media display
- Portrait style lay-out to accommodate speaker and docking stations
- Enhanced audio and graphics quality
- Ability to share your favorite app via Facebook, Twitter and e-mail