Our campaign has always been powered by the people who are out there every day knocking on doors, making calls, and talking to their friends and neighbors.
Get the facts: Have a friend who wants to know exactly what kind of impact the congress has had in your state?
All the facts you need, localized for you.
Connect to our offices: Find congress s representatives and offices in your state and contact us.
Connect to Office bearers : We are reaching out to you.
Share breaking news : Get the most important news of the day, press releases, and keep your friends and family in the loop on facebook, Twitter, and via email and text message.
Great storytelling and rigorous reporting that informs, engages, inspires and surprises—from the ends of the earth to your own city or town—available to you whenever, wherever.
It’s public radio made personal.
*A handcrafted experience.*
NPR One starts with the latest headlines then moves to a flow of stories that matter—stories that increase your understanding, create connections, enrich your life and enliven your mind. All thoughtfully curated by hand, every day.
*You’re in control. Or not.*
Just pop in your ear buds, tap your phone and NPR One starts flowing. But now if you want to pause, skip ahead, rewind or share a story with friends, you can do that too. All from a simple app.
*Personal, not prescriptive.*
Though your stream is personalized to deliver the stories you want, you’ll still hear the top news of the day and stories you had no idea would captivate you. Journey around the globe and into the most interesting corners of your community—serendipity making your world bigger and smaller at the same time.
Even with the breadth of public radio at your fingertips, you won’t lose touch at home. Local news is woven seamlessly into your listening experience. Local stories, locally reported, are delivered daily. Community is everything.
- A personalized stream of NPR and local station news and stories
- Skip, rewind, pause and share
- Search for your favorite shows, stations and podcasts
- International, national, regional and local content
- A simple, intuitive interface
It’s simple. It’s intuitive. It’s there for you. (Wherever ‘there’ is.)
As fast as the world is changing the way it listens to public radio, NPR One is changing the way we deliver it. NPR is here to deliver the public radio experience wherever you are. Whenever you can connect.
Here we go. It’s NPR One.
*Photo Credit for Audie Cornish: Eli Meir Kaplan*
NPR's Science Friday®, with Ira Flatow. Tasty bytes - audio and video - of lively and thoughtful ideas with the experts, from Oliver Sacks to Jane Goodall, Francis Collins to Isabella Rossellini.
With home screen widget, your favorite radios/podcasts are just at the tip of your fingers.
This is ads supported app. With in-app purchase ads can be removed. There's no any functionality difference between ads supported and ads free version.
- Live streams from 300+ NPR, BBC, and CBC member radio stations
- Restart the audio play from where it is left before
- Pause/resume audio play on incoming phone
- Ability to skip the beginning part of the podcast
- Set your favorite radio station as alarm
- Sleep mode to turn off radio after scheduled time
- Play in background
- Download and play it any time you want
- Instance search as you type
- Ability to save download to SD card
- Ability to add new radio station manually
- Ability to add new podcast manually
- Home screen widget for easy play control and quick access
- Chromecast support
- Hear live streams from hundreds of NPR stations: search by location (GPS) or zip code / call letters
- Listen to programs like Morning Edition, All Things Considered, Talk of the Nation, Fresh Air, and Wait, Wait…Don’t Tell Me More
PRI helps people understand our diverse, interconnected world through global news and cultural perspectives made relevant for Americans.
PRI. Hear a different voice.
Help us improve this application by submitting feedback at http://bit.ly/e3OYrA. Thank you!
• All the latest news as it happens
• Watch or listen to the latest news headlines
• Opt in for breaking news push notifications
• Download the latest stories when you have a signal and then read them offline at your leisure
• Share stories to a range of social networks, or email/SMS to a friend
• Personalise the home screen by adding, removing and re-ordering news categories to suit your preferences
• Listen live to BBC World Service radio
• Home screen widgets to keep you up to date
• Settings to allow the app to automatically update in the background
• Set text size to suit your preferences
• Ability to send stories, video, and photos directly to the BBC News team
• Full range of News categories: Top stories, US & Canada, Europe, Latin America, Asia, Middle East, Africa, UK, Technology, Business, Features & Analysis, Science & Environment, Entertainment & Arts, Health, Also In The News, Sport
• Ability to store the app on the SD card. Widgets will not be available if you choose to use this function. This is a feature of the Android system.
*Currently unavailable for devices running 2.2 and below. We are working on a fix and this will be available soon.
• Push notifications for big breaking news stories
• Landscape support for all devices
• Various bug fixes including an issue that occasionally caused duplicate push notifications.
If you choose to receive push notifications, a unique identifier relating to your device will be stored by ProcessOne on behalf of the BBC to provide you with the service.
No other personal data relating to you (such as a username or email address) is processed. The BBC will keep your information secure and not share it with anyone else in accordance with the BBC’s Privacy and Cookies Policy, available at http://www.bbc.co.uk/privacy/
You can choose to unsubscribe from push notifications in the app’s settings screen.
• INTERNET: Used to get the latest news content from the BBC
• ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Used to determine whether you are on 3G or WiFi to deliver the best quality content
• WAKE_LOCK: Used if you enable background updates in settings
• GET_ACCOUNTS: Used to determine if your device is capable of receiving Push messages
• C2D_RECEIVE/C2D_MESSAGE: Used to receive Push messages if you opt in
Get the top local headlines for Los Angeles and Southern California, as well as news from around the U.S. and the world. The app also features the latest entertainment news, as well as more offbeat stories.
Best of all, the app is free and gives you unlimited access to a wealth of content you can then easily share with your family and friends on Facebook, Twitter and more.
ALERTS & VIDEO:
-Breaking news alerts pushed to your home screen
-Live breaking news video (with closed captioning)
-Live video streams of your local newscasts (when available)
-On demand video clips
-Latest weather data wherever you are
-Set and track weather for multiple locations
-Latest video forecast from the station
-7-Day & hourly forecasts
LOCAL NEWS AND TRAFFIC:
-Local and state news headlines
-Interactive traffic map
MORE NEWS THAN EVER:
-Sports headlines from ESPN
-National and world headlines from ABC News
-Celebrity news from OnTheRedCarpet.com
The app enables you to listen to KQED Public Radio wherever you are — including newscasts, locally produced shows such as Forum and The California Report, and NPR favorites like Fresh Air and All Things Considered — both on demand and via live streaming.
The KQED app also makes it easy to read our popular local blogs including News Fix, Bay Area Bites, MindShift and KQED Arts. There's even an arts events calendar, so you won't miss another '80s zombie movie night in the park.
And because our television programs look dynamite on an Android device, you watch Check, Please! Bay Area, KQED's restaurant review program, while you're waiting for your table to be called. Or QUEST, our exploration of California science and nature in and around the Bay Area, while you're camping!
When you're out and about, the app also helps you keep track of member events and take advantage of KQED Perks. You'll be surprised at how many discounts and special offers are nearby.
KQED Android App overview:
Listen, watch, and read KQED content anywhere you are
Up-to-the-minute national, international, and local news
KQED's award-winning food, arts, and science coverage
On-the-go access to member benefits
Convenient program schedules
Ability to sync phone alarms to KQED Public Radio
A pocket-size Michelle Norris (Alright, we just made that part up. But we'll see what we can do)
- Station Search
- Browse by location
- Program Schedule
- Favorite Folder
- Recently Played Folder
- Sleep Timer
- User added stations
Trademarks and logos belong to respective owners.
All station streaming URLs in this application are obtained from public domain (internet). This application only present these content in a user friendly way.
With our app, you can:
Listen to Michigan Radio’s Live Stream
Read or listen to the top news stories
Hear podcasts of favorite Michigan Radio features like The Environment Report, Stateside, Michigan Watch STATE OF OPPORTUNITY and Jack Lessenberry’s Commentaries
View our program schedule
Get current event listings.