- Hear live streams from hundreds of NPR stations: search by location (GPS) or zip code / call letters
- Listen to programs like Morning Edition, All Things Considered, Talk of the Nation, Fresh Air, and Wait, Wait…Don’t Tell Me More
• All the latest news as it happens
• Watch or listen to the latest news headlines
• Opt in for breaking news push notifications
• Download the latest stories when you have a signal and then read them offline at your leisure
• Share stories to a range of social networks, or email/SMS to a friend
• Personalise the home screen by adding, removing and re-ordering news categories to suit your preferences
• Listen live to BBC World Service radio
• Home screen widgets to keep you up to date
• Settings to allow the app to automatically update in the background
• Set text size to suit your preferences
• Ability to send stories, video, and photos directly to the BBC News team
• Full range of News categories: Top stories, US & Canada, Europe, Latin America, Asia, Middle East, Africa, UK, Technology, Business, Features & Analysis, Science & Environment, Entertainment & Arts, Health, Also In The News, Sport
• Ability to store the app on the SD card. Widgets will not be available if you choose to use this function. This is a feature of the Android system.
*Currently unavailable for devices running 2.2 and below. We are working on a fix and this will be available soon.
• Push notifications for big breaking news stories
• Landscape support for all devices
• Various bug fixes including an issue that occasionally caused duplicate push notifications.
If you choose to receive push notifications, a unique identifier relating to your device will be stored by ProcessOne on behalf of the BBC to provide you with the service.
No other personal data relating to you (such as a username or email address) is processed. The BBC will keep your information secure and not share it with anyone else in accordance with the BBC’s Privacy and Cookies Policy, available at http://www.bbc.co.uk/privacy/
You can choose to unsubscribe from push notifications in the app’s settings screen.
• INTERNET: Used to get the latest news content from the BBC
• ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Used to determine whether you are on 3G or WiFi to deliver the best quality content
• WAKE_LOCK: Used if you enable background updates in settings
• GET_ACCOUNTS: Used to determine if your device is capable of receiving Push messages
• C2D_RECEIVE/C2D_MESSAGE: Used to receive Push messages if you opt in
Great storytelling and rigorous reporting that informs, engages, inspires and surprises—from the ends of the earth to your own city or town—available to you whenever, wherever.
It’s public radio made personal.
*A handcrafted experience.*
NPR One starts with the latest headlines then moves to a flow of stories that matter—stories that increase your understanding, create connections, enrich your life and enliven your mind. All thoughtfully curated by hand, every day.
*You’re in control. Or not.*
Just pop in your ear buds, tap your phone and NPR One starts flowing. But now if you want to pause, skip ahead, rewind or share a story with friends, you can do that too. All from a simple app.
*Personal, not prescriptive.*
Though your stream is personalized to deliver the stories you want, you’ll still hear the top news of the day and stories you had no idea would captivate you. Journey around the globe and into the most interesting corners of your community—serendipity making your world bigger and smaller at the same time.
Even with the breadth of public radio at your fingertips, you won’t lose touch at home. Local news is woven seamlessly into your listening experience. Local stories, locally reported, are delivered daily. Community is everything.
- A personalized stream of NPR and local station news and stories
- Skip, rewind, pause and share
- Search for your favorite shows, stations and podcasts
- International, national, regional and local content
- A simple, intuitive interface
It’s simple. It’s intuitive. It’s there for you. (Wherever ‘there’ is.)
As fast as the world is changing the way it listens to public radio, NPR One is changing the way we deliver it. NPR is here to deliver the public radio experience wherever you are. Whenever you can connect.
Here we go. It’s NPR One.
*Photo Credit for Audie Cornish: Eli Meir Kaplan*
With home screen widget, your favorite radios/podcasts are just at the tip of your fingers.
This is ads supported app. With in-app purchase ads can be removed. There's no any functionality difference between ads supported and ads free version.
- Live streams from 300+ public radio stations
- Restart the audio play from where it is left before
- Pause/resume audio play on incoming phone
- Ability to skip the beginning part of the podcast
- Set your favorite radio station as alarm
- Sleep mode to turn off radio after scheduled time
- Play in background
- Download and play it any time you want
- Instance search as you type
- Ability to save download to SD card
- Ability to add new radio station manually
- Ability to add new podcast manually
- Home screen widget for easy play control and quick access
- Chromecast support
Note for users with Android KitKat or above:
If you just updated to KitKat and use the SD card as download location, please go to the settings of this app and reset the download location to SD card.
For Lollipop users: Lock screen widget is no longer supported by Lollipop. Please use the notification on lock screen instead.
NPR's Science Friday®, with Ira Flatow. Tasty bytes - audio and video - of lively and thoughtful ideas with the experts, from Oliver Sacks to Jane Goodall, Francis Collins to Isabella Rossellini.
PRI helps people understand our diverse, interconnected world through global news and cultural perspectives made relevant for Americans.
PRI. Hear a different voice.
Help us improve this application by submitting feedback at http://bit.ly/e3OYrA. Thank you!
Make your life easier by allowing NPR Station Finder to find the closest NPR radio stations to you. All you need is an AM/FM radio and NPR Station Finder for those long road trips.
Rankings are based on the radio tower location and radiated power.
WNYC is the flagship public radio station of New York City. We produce a range of original and innovative programs and podcasts, including The Brian Lehrer Show, The Leonard Lopate Show, The Takeaway (a co-production with Public Radio International) and, from our newsroom, award-winning local and national reporting. Soundcheck, New Sounds and Spinning on Air feature exclusive performances from the new music scene, while Jonathan Schwartz is the voice of American standards.
We're also home to Radiolab, the Peabody Award-winning show that blurs the boundaries among science, philosophy and the human experience, and Freakonomics Radio, the popular podcast that explores "the hidden side of everything."
Other shows you'll find here include All Things Considered, Ask Me Another, Car Talk, Fishko Files, Food Fridays, Fresh Air, Here's the Thing With Alex Baldwin, Last Chance Foods, Morning Edition, Marketplace, Money Talking, Movie Date, New Tech City, On Being, On Point, Radio Rookies, Radiolab, Selected Shorts, Studio 360 , This American Life and The World.
WNYC is a listener-supported public radio station. Your financial support helps make possible our programming, broadcasting and digital innovation. You can find our donation form on the app menu.
The WNYC app was built by the digital media group of New York Public Radio.
- Create your own playlist from marketplace segments
- Save and reorder stories and podcasts for offline listening
- Autoplay turns any playlist into a continuous audio feed
- Alarm clock to start your day with a Marketplace audio feed
- Curated Editor’s Pick feed delivers news in context
- Sharing to social networks including Facebook and Twitter
We've totally revamped the KQED app to be a more convenient and reliable way to listen to KQED Public Radio, wherever and whenever.
- Listen to the KQED Public Radio stream wherever you are
- Watch KQED local and national tv programs
- Listen and subscribe to our audio podcasts
- Follow the latest news headlines
- Find member discounts via KQED Perks
CNN connects you to the world -- wherever you are.
The redesigned CNN App for Android has been rebuilt and redesigned for use on both your phone and tablet.
Stay informed with the latest headlines and original stories from around the globe. Follow up-to-the-minute reporting with breaking news alerts and live video. Share stories and videos and comment on top stories.
•Get breaking news alerts and follow stories as they develop.
•Go beyond the surface with international, politics, opinion, tech and entertainment stories and more.
•Watch video clips and coverage of live events as they unfold. View your favorite CNN shows live (as available, check with your cable, satellite or telecommunications provider).
•Contribute a story or opinion to CNN iReport by uploading photos and video directly from your app. Follow other iReporters and see stories from their points of view.
•Access your local weather information, including current and extended forecasts.
•Browse photo galleries related to today’s news.
•Sync your Samsung Galaxy Gear to your CNN app and receive breaking news and top stories on your wearable device (available on select Android phones).
The CNN App may ask your permission to access certain functions on your device such as location, network connection, camera and social media accounts. Doing so can enhance some features of your app such as weather forecasts, iReport submissions and ability to share stories with your social networks. The CNN App may also ask your permission for “phone calls” to allow you to call CNN regarding story ideas or general feedback. CNN respects your privacy and would never misuse your personal information.
Have questions or feedback on the CNN App? E-mail us at Android@cnn.com. We are always looking for suggestions on how to provide the best experience possible for you.
Public Radio Player has Chromecast integration, so you can stream your stories to the TV.
As a work in progress (and love), please contact me with features you would like to see added. Thanks!
Listen live to local stations!
With our app, you can:
Listen to Michigan Radio’s Live Stream
Read or listen to the top news stories
Hear podcasts of favorite Michigan Radio features like The Environment Report, Stateside, Michigan Watch STATE OF OPPORTUNITY and Jack Lessenberry’s Commentaries
View our program schedule
Get current event listings.
The completely redesigned NBC News app can be used on both your phone and tablet. Here are a few highlights:
• Faster and more visual than ever before
• Stories download automatically so you can keep reading when you’re offline
• Even more videos, slideshows and articles now available
• Unique split screen plays video while you read stories
Our live, continuous coverage gives you all the news you want, and now it’s easier than ever to share the stories that matter most to you.
Our proprietary algorithm analyzes 10+ million articles a day to deliver the top trending stories from the sources you trust: NBC News, TechCrunch, The Huffington Post, Bleacher Report, Quartz, The Verge, Vox.com, Reuters, AP, Perez Hilton and more.
Discover what’s trending around the world -- right now.
Lightning fast, zero loading time -- read offline.
Optimized for readability -- no fluff.
“Very minimalistic and simple to use.” - Paste
“With an interface that lets you browse headlines quickly, customize your channels and read the news offline, SmartNews is an excellent free alternative to other popular news apps.” - CNET
“Flick through the headlines, click on an article, and the text renders beautifully. Without Internet!” - FastCompany
SmartNews may use your current location to provide accurate weather forecasting, articles specific to your area, and enhance your social media options.
- Find breaking US and world news and the latest updates on entertainment, politics, health, technology, science, and business news.
- Personalized alerts – Be the first to know. When you see a story that interests you, tap the star icon and we’ll send real-time updates right to your phone.
- ABC News Inbox – All your saved stories, alerts and follow-ups appear in one place for easy catch up. Swipe to share a headline, or effortlessly stop following a story.
- Daily Rewind – Lean back, catch up and unwind in the evening with the day’s best video.
- Best Reads – Today’s most fascinating news from across the app, all in one place.
- Watch & Read – Now you can read stories while video is playing – video no longer takes over the entire screen. Build a playlist on the fly to create a personalized watchlist.
- Radio – Whether you're out for an early-morning jog or driving home, ABC News Radio provides a great hands-free catchup – updated every hour.
- Your Favorites First – With customizable navigation, you set the order of Sections and Shows in the side navigation. When you swipe, your selections will come first.
Read stories and watch video clips from your favorite ABC News shows including Good Morning America, World News, Nightline, This Week and 20/20.