The New SLSA Operations app is a paperless patrol management suite produced by Surf Life Saving Australia for use by active surf lifesaving patrol members. The latest feature rich version is location based and uses your current location for weather details, rescue locations, tracking of roving patrols and assets and much more. Use the 'Activity feed' tab to see what is happening around your club/service for the current day. Push notifications will alert you when it's time to sign off as well as remind you of any hazards that were logged and may not be present anymore at your beach.
Active patrol members such as Patrol Captains and Vice Captains can:
* Sign on/off a patrol
* Update the status of your Club, Lifeguard or Lifesaving service
* Record and update patrol members attendance
* Record and update patrol statistics
* Log hazards (rip currents etc)
* Log the location of your patrol (flags, tent etc)
* Log the location of hazards (stingers & sharks)
* Log the location of rescues
* Use the Tracker function to track the location of your Roving Patrols, Lifesaving Service Personnel etc
All the information that is collected in the app is made available to your local Surfcom in realtime for efficient service delivery and operations on the beach.
A new 'Surf Risk Rating' section has been added to allow specific members to perform Risk assessments (see your Lifesaving Operations Manager for access).
In order to log into this app, an active Members Area account is required, which is available to all members of Clubs, Lifeguards and Lifesaving services. If you have a Members Area account but are not an active patrol member then you can still log in, although the patrol components will not be visible.
Please note that Victorian and Queensland clubs can use the app to view their Patrol Roster and access the Surf Risk Rating component however should not use this app for patrol management.