Quickly see where and how high you are on earth. If you define a target you can see how far you still have to go and in which direction. It uses the a constant angle on a so called rhumb line or loxodrome, so it is not necessary to constantly adjust your bearing (as you would have to on the shortest path on a orthodrome).
This application is intended for a quick lookup without tracking your position in the background over time in order to save battery power. It works completely offline and can be safely used while roaming. Therefore it's perfect to find a geo cache.
- see the bearing to your target on a compass rose
- keep a list of your favorite targets
- switch between metric and imperial units
- open the map and email your position
- search the GeoNames database for targets
- display of the current speed and altitude
- displays the distance to your target
Ad supported freeware